Expecting #1 positive thinking buddies, sticking together!

So glad you're back Mint! You look great! And congratulations on 24 weeks! Did you happen to find out if it is a boy or girl or are you staying team yellow?

dini, I get the same feelings with the baby movement sometimes.. like the baby has moved deeper inside so the movements feel father away or deeper, and its tough to feel with my hand.. then other days its like my stomach is bulging like an alien the movements are so close to surface!!

sweetbliss, I hope the next few months brings you enough time to get used to the idea of moving. Have you considered enlisting someone to go along with you for the drive, so you can take care of the baby and the dogs while they do most the driving and keep you company? perhaps your sister? As a native californian myself, this is a great state, but nothing compares to being close to family. Are you guys moving to San Diego? He going to be stationed at Pendleton?

klink, i was getting some bad hip pain also, but I switched how I sleep at night its its mainly all gone away. Instead of having 2 or 3 pillows under my head, I now only have one very squishy feather pillow, and I use a long body pillow that I keep slightly tucked under my stomach and between my knees. It doesnt seem like much, but its really been helping! I was battling some excruciating back pain for awhile, which my midwife said was from my sleeping position.

Also, is there is a facebook page for our group? Im on the March Mallows one, but Id like to join this groups too if I could.. Im way more active on Facebook anyways just because its on my phone

Will catch up in a little bit but swamp pm me your email and I'll add you to the fb group:) that goes for all of you other ones as well!:)

Dini - Vday?

treeroot- have you tried either 2 pillows between your legs or a long flexible pillow? I found out a lot of people put the pillow between their thighs or knees but let their ankles fall. Propping up an ankle also can help with the hip pain.

Swewtbliss- we are staying team yellow all the way!

Is anyone still waiting to find out sex? Or are all the yellows left now yellow-by-choice or by law?

I don't know why but six months today feels like a big milestone to me. I guess six months sounds really really pregnant to me - like not just a little bit.

Any US ladies doing anything special for the long weekend?

Hey Mint happy to see you here again! :) Vday is 24 weeks, when the baby's viability outside the womb increases significantly. It's now over 50%!
And yes I agree that 6 months sounds very very pregnant, I know exactly what you mean! Can't believe I'm in my 7th month, I didn't know how I thought I would feel but I thought I'd be a lot more pregnant. I still wonder if people notice my belly when I'm out and about lol.

Dini and swamp I don't know about those "deep" movements as it seems like this little one is constantly poking my belly button! Hahaha it's so funny it's like he has his foot on the belly button and just pushes out constantly. DH and I were trying to feel exactly what it was last night and decided it must be a foot. :cloud9: So cute.

swamp did your back pain go away? I just bought some Dr Scholl's inserts in hopes of it getting a little better. I'm actually quite excited to go to work so I can try them out tonight! Haha. It's the little things, right ;)

I'm in a pickle! I have some coupons for Gymboree since my sisters were here and spent a bunch of money there, I got basically 50% off everything in their store (there's an outlet 20 min away from here). Now that we will definitely be having a shower, what should I get from there? Should I start getting bigger clothes? I don't want to get stuff that people will most likely be getting us, so probably no sizes newborn-6mo? Would that be realistic? I don't want to waste the 50% off but I also wanna be smart about it. I wish I had a half-off at ikea. :haha: I must be entering some serious nesting mode, all I think about is furniture and decorating. Bahh.

Maggz - when do the coupons expire? I always buy people 1yr old clothes for showers because no one else does so that is probably a safe bet - or even 14month ones would be even safer.
Does 3rd tri start at 27 or 28 weeks?

klink, glad to hear your little one is still doing well.

I don't know about hip pain - I get sciatic pain once in a while because I'm on my feet a lot, but it seems to be better this week. Might be because I started aquafitness and I started back at yoga.

Mint, you look fantastic! Welcome back.

maggz, I would err on the side of bigger clothes, yes. But if you have a bit of time before the coupon expires, then wait a bit so you can figure stuff out.

And to all reaching 3rd trimester, congrats! I hit 27 weeks last Sunday, but have been too busy to really think about it. I'm doing my diabetes screen tomorrow since it's hard for me to get off work during the week. Wish me luck!

Lol mint if only more people thought like that ;) most people consider it 3rd tri at 27 weeks although some do at 28! So whatever floats your boat :) just like with the first/second tri debate.

Lacanadienne congrats to you too!
The thing with the coupon is that it expires jan 25th. Otherwise I would totally wait until after the showers.

Lacanadienne - good luck on your glucose test!

Here's a pic from today actually since the other one is already out-of-date. Rapid expansion time!

Attachments

• IMAG0595_1.jpg
    IMAG0595_1.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 16
Swamp - No, it'll be Edwards that he'd be stationed at. I had no clue that there were even Marines at Edwards but apparently there are a few. Are you close to there or are you down by San Diego? You're right, nothing compares to being near family. I don't think I'd ever care where we lived, but being relatively close/within reach of family is just so special to me. We have thought about having one of my sisters to ride with me but we aren't sure if they'd be able to because it'll be right around the time when they'll be going back to college. We'll see, I'm still thinking about having DH's car shipping and just letting the military move all of our stuff so DH and I can just ride together.

Mint - You're way stronger than I am! I needed to know what this baby was asap haha. Are you letting people guess though? If so, I want to guess! You should do one of those babypoll things lol Six months really is very pregnant! Just think in another 2 weeks it'll be about 6 months since you got that BFP :)

Maggz - I'd go buy whatever you find that you like, don't worry about the sizes. Just don't take the tags off that way if you get an abundance of one size at your showers you can just exchange what you bought at gymboree for a different size.

Lacandienne - Good luck on your glucose test tomorrow!

Yes, I use a pillow Mint, but I do need to get a long body pillow. Last night was rough so perhaps a little shopping is in order today.

Oh, and I guess I'm team yellow, but my anatomy scan is on Wednesday, so my official status will result after that;). I haven't decided if I want a secret envelope that I can look at later if I change my mind closer to though.

I hope you have fun shopping Maggz, despite the decision dilemma:)
And how are you feeling these days?

I'm looking at planning a multi-day hiking trip with my sister, and the earliest we could do it would be at 31/32 wks. Am I crazy? I feel like I'm just starting to get some motivation back at 20 wks, but we do a hike every year and I don't want to miss this one. It won't be like most of the others though - I won't have a big pack to carry. Just my water each day.

Treeroot - my last hike I found I couldn't do as much as I usually can and I needed to go a lot slower, I was still coming out of first tri fatigue then though. I think it would be better now but by 31 weeks it might be bad again. You should ask your doctor or midwife. And if they give the go-ahead stick to something not slippery, buy better boots and poles if you need to. Bring more snacks and water than you think you need, and make sure someone has cell service or some other way to get help in an emergency.

Mint you look great. Look at that bump :D

Treeroot thanks for asking I'm doing good, mostly! My back just hurts which sucks and I know I should be doing something about it, but why is it so hard to get going? At least I'm starting yoga next week so I'm hoping that will help, but I'm also starting school again which means sitting in the classroom 4 hours a day. BUT I'm lucky to not have any major issues and I kinda feel bad for whining about it.

I think if you're an experienced hiker, and the routes each day are safe and maybe a little easier than what you would normally do, you should be fine. Mint's advice sounds solid, too. I find right now that when I'm at work, walking back and forth to tables, talking to people, carrying plates (or nothing at all), it really takes the wind out of me and whenever I stop at a table or the server station I have to stabilize my breath (haha). So this whole "out of breath" thing is not just a myth! So that's something you might want to account for. Would there be an option for you to stay back maybe one of the hiking days?

Ya, I've done quite a bit of internet perusing to get examples of other pregnant hikers and come up with similar hints as to the ones that Mint suggested. Including poles, which I'm definitely going to get. Do you have a pair Mint? I haven't actually looked into them yet, but it's been on my to-buy list anyway ('cause I'm getting older haha).

My concern is certainly that I'm going to be too optimistic about my capabilities. Though, over the years I've learned a lot about planning our trips.

Thing is we're hiking a 890 km (553 miles) trail, bit by bit each year until we've completed the whole thing. Usually we're carrying all our sleeping gear, clothes and food for hikes 4-7days long. One section of the trail we haven't done yet, and I've sort of left available for this situation, is where there really isn't a lot of camping options but a lot of great B&B choices.

Soooo, this hike would be staying at a B&B each night and hiking during the day (with pick-up and drop-off available). Sounds like a vacation to me:)
The problem is that at a glance, most of the trail in this section looks fairly challenging, though it's often hard to tell.

I'm sure I don't have to book anything soon, so early in the season, and I'll be able to judge my fitness level much better as I continue to grow....but it's totally on my mind! It's one of those things I get so excited about each year, and love planning for. Darn pregnancy obviously wasn't timed right lol!

My goodness, I think that's the longest post I've written so far. If you're not a hiker, you won't find it interesting. If you are, let's talk! ;)

Mint it's so funny you asked about when the third trimester starts. I was about to ask it as well because I thouht 27 weeks, which I am today!! But all my apps still have me in the second. When I look it up most websites say 28 weeks but I feel like they mean when you start your 28th week so technically when you're 27 weeks you've completed 27 weeks and are now starting the 28th week.

So I'm considering myself in the third trimester today!! Those apps are dumb!

Maggz I think you need to come organize for me lol.

I got my babies r us registry done today with my MIL. That was fun, but everything is so expensive I just don't think I'll get most of the big stuff but I guess we will see. I have my heart set on this play yard from ingenuity that has hippos on it and there is a bouncer and swing that match but they are pricey. But she knows how much I want them so I'm hoping she passes on the word.

Oh and I forgot to say, Mint you look beautiful!!

Also, baby seems to be moving more today and the movements don't seem quite as deep but deeper than a few weeks ago. It's so weird!

Wow treeroot that's some distance to cover! Where is this hike?
I'm guessing maybe you shouldn't make concrete plans until you're a little further along, but if they have transportation available then maybe you could skip out on one or two days if you're not feeling up for it?
Sorry I'm a hiking novice ;)

Dini awesome you got your registry done! I'm going tomorrow with my husband's aunt and cousin to do it. DH was like don't worry you just go! Haha :) He's happy to get out of walking the entire baby store, although he's more than willing to go when we have an actual purpose. Caveman gene, just go on a hunt for a specific thing. :haha:
I noticed that with the apps too, but I'm like whatever! I'm in third tri no matter what you say ;) Hahahah... It's the same though how people count months... like I'm in my seventh month but if people ask me I say I'm six months pregnant.
I hope you get that pack and play and bouncer :D

We cleaned a little today, I think I'm about done convincing DH that we need a new vacuum... The Hoover we have is just not cutting it. But I don't know what to get I feel like all of them are destined to fail on this endless carpet we have - especially with the combination of my long hair and our dog's short black hairs that stick everywhere.
Anyways, I'm about to pass out I'm so tired... good night all :sleep:

You're absolutely right maggz, There's flexibility available in either having shorter days (as long as there's cell reception to call for a different pick up location) or having a relax day at the B&B. I've learned over the years to build as much flexibility into our hikes as possible, since we've definitely run into trouble before.
Oh ya the trail: https://brucetrail.org/places
It runs from Niagara Falls to the top of a peninsula in Georgian Bay.

My mom got us a small Dyson as a housewarming gift, and it works really well. I think they have a hair-specific one as well.We need to do some major major major cleaning of my house. I should work on something today...I just need to find the motivation to do it.

I bought a body pillow yesterday. They didn't have a Snoogle but a Mama Sleep EZ (Jolly Jumper) which seemed to be the same thing. Hips not as sore last night, so that's good.Walking around baby and maternity stuff made me want to strut my belly for the first time. Like I was proud to be in the club.:haha:
You ladies ever get that feeling at all when you're shopping?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->