Experience coming off Lo Loestrin FE?

faye1019

Proud Mama of 1
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am gearing up to TTC baby #2 :baby:. Before I had my son, I was on Yaz for many years. I always had withdrawal bleeding at the end of each cycle. My cycles were quite long when I went off, but thankfully I was able to get pregnant!

After having my son and then nursing for a year (was on mini pill during that time), my OB recommended Lo Loestrin FE. I did not have any withdrawal bleeding while taking it, though she said that was normal.

I recently stopped taking the Lo Loestrin and I'm wondering what to expect. I literally haven't had a period in 2+ years! Hoping to let my body adjust for a few months.

Would love to hear if anyone else was on Lo Loestrin and can share their experience!

How exciting for you! I wasn't on Lo Loestrin rather Loestrin 24fe until it got discontinued but then I was put on its bio-equivalent, Minastrin 24fe. I think these are both higher doses than LoLoestrin. I went off at the end of May and got my withdrawal bleed in a matter of days, and my first cycle off was a standard 28 day cycle that appeared to be ovulatory (based on temps and OPKs) and I got my first "real" period after that. It didn't seem to take my body long to regulate at all, but I was very regular before going on the pill. I hope it doesn't take you long :)

I came off mine twice, once because insurance lapsed. Ovulted right on schedule. The second time was to TTC #1 and I had one weird 18 day cycle then the next Ovulted right at 14 days and conceived that cycle. It was an easy transition for me

I was on Lo Loestrin FE for two years following the birth of my third child (after weaning). The longer I was on it, the weaker my 'periods' became. I never stopped having them completely, but it got down to one or two days of slight spotting.

I came off of them December of last year. My period resumed about a week and a half later and was on a predictable cycle for three months before we decided to TTC. We conceived instantly.

Thanks to you all for sharing your experiences! Hearing them is very comforting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->