Experience Expressing?

happyfamily123

Expecting Baby #3
Reaction score
Has anyone solely expressed in the past? How did it work out for you? I tried bf'ing my son last time and the pain was excruciating! I may have not had the best techinque or something but ended up with cracked and bleeding nipples and couldn't continue! I have a huge milk supply.

Is 100% expressing not possible? has it worked for anyone?

Also, what breast pumps?

Im expressing and have aptimil for emergancies.

Its very time demanding, after every feed its back to the machine and little miss is increasing her feeds massively now so not sure how much longer it will last!

I was lucky though, im a milk machine atm 3oz in 10 mins lol!

Its all about finding whats right for you hunny. xxx

I expressed soley from Ethan being 2 days old until he was 5 months then we moved onto aptimal ....I would recomend a melda pump they are fantastic i could get 8oz out of each boob every 3 hrs from ethan being 2 wks old ...before that it was harder but i kept up with his demand xxx

I just bought a medela on ebay. I'm hoping it works out for me. If breastfeeding doesn't give me so much pain this time that'd sure be nice!

my medela keeps cutting out as im expressing too much, they only seem good for occasional bf! Had to buy a manual pump as well.

I'm exclusively expressing at the moment because Aisling had trouble latching and I ended up with cracked and bleeding nipples. We use formula in emergencies as I haven't been able to express as often as I'd like cos of the number of visitors we get :grr: Hopefully we can get on top of that soon!

I have the Medela 2 Phase which is brilliant, I'd really recommend it.

I expressed for a few wks due to sore nipples too. I was also supplementing with ff. I managed to get back to bf thankfully but the expressing was hard work tbh, very time consuming several times a day and i got fed up it in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->