expressing help (avent comfort electric pump)

I am getting so stressed with this I just wish I could get some success as I want it to happen So much and I just feel it fails because of not knowing whether I'm using these electric pumps right :-(

Any luck with the electric pump For you?

Hi,
So excited to find your post, I have the Ameda lactaline too and have so much bother with it! I hate the stupid thing and dread using it.

When you say it doesn't feel like it's sucking properly, if you unclip the tops while pumping and make sure the silicone things are in straight as I sometimes find this affects mine. Another thing to check is the white suction valves, I accidentally ripped one of mine straight away when washing it. They do wear out pretty quickly though, or sometimes they just need switching.

Are your nipples large and do you know you need a bigger flange? My nipples looked huge when pumping , filled the flange and got sucked right down to the bottom of it (ouch!) So I bought some of the flexishields and although I haven't noticed a massive increase in supply it's definitely a lot more comfortable, however it does reduce the flange size if you're sure it's nipples size that's the problem.

I found a website which sells ameda pump parts which are significantly cheaper than other sites such as Amazon, delivery is quick as well.
https://www.cmsshop.co.uk/sections/Ameda_Accessories.html

When you talk about let down, I always leave mine on the fastest setting and start off with low suction then work it up, but rarely go the full wack as I find it painful. This is what works best for me.

Have you tried fenugeek? They're totally disgusting and make you stink but they do work! I got mine for £4.99 a bottle from Holland and Barratt.

Sorry if you've mentioned it already but how much do you get out in each session?

I'm not getting any Thats what's Making it worse, I get little bits of milk out that stay on my nipples but no actual flow if that makes sence?

Yes I take fenugreek and it worked a while but think it stopped since I don't get that odd smell now and Iv been taking 3 tabs 3 times a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rubysan
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->