Expressing, how to?

emzilouu

Mummy and Pregnant!
Reaction score
Morning, Im after a bit of advice please I was planning on Bf our baby but since we found out we was having a girl my husband has become very attached and said he doesn't want me to bf as he wants to feed her too so as I wanted to bf I would express instead so she can still have breastmilk but my husband can feed her :) but I have no idea what so ever how to go about it! I know how to actually express but how can breastmilk be stored, etc? i Bf my son for 3 weeks but had to stop as i got PND and had to take anti depressants but obviously hes on formula now and its easy peasy just making up the bottle but iv absolutely no idea how to go about making up expressed milk bottles! any advice greatly appreciated :flower:

Could you not breastfeed as planned but once established just express some for a bottle now and then?

It's easy enough to store. I would express using the medela swing pump into one of the little bottles and then transfer the milk to a freezer bag to freeze for when I needed it.

i plan on breastfeeding for the first week then i will express for husband and breastfeed if i cant be bothered to make a bottle up in the night when its my turn lol x

You can pump (with electric or manual pump) into a bottle, put the teat on the bottle and give it to the baby.
Unfortunately with breastfeeding mom has to be "bothered" at night, you can't have bottles ready, but the good news is you don't get up and make a bottle, you just snuggle with the baby in bed and baby sucks lol! It is really easy at night, you will find it easier than day nursing. Almost all babies are better night feeders.

And I would suggest to avoid bottles for the first 6 weeks so BF is established first.

Good luck with everything :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->