expressing milk

mickey

Reaction score
I am still trying on expressing milk and got another shield for my breast pump now, which is the smallest size already. but as well with this one I only get about half an ounce in 15 min.

is this kind of improving once you express frequently?

otherwise I think I have to give it up as I would have to spend too much time on expressing :baby:

With my first baby, I gave up on expressing. I wasn't that engorged, etc. I was new at it too :)

With my second, I was so engorged that I could express it with my fingers, and had to in order to ease the pain.

Truly, I would like to know some secrets here too. I would like my hubby to be involved more with the feedings with this baby. I think he felt very left out the first months of my first babies' lives because the babies relied on me only. Also, it would ease some of my time :)

Hi hun,

Ive breastfed all my children, but they've all been very early and ive had to express for weeks and weeks before they got to go to the breast. I would advise that if u want more milk to express more and also hand express till u get amounts for the first 48hrs u mite stillonly get a small amount but on 3rd day u should see a huge improvement. I can get 120mls in 2-3mins after a week. which im sure is what ur hoping for. It jsu take stime and u gotta get used to it.

also a wet warm flannel before u start for a min on the breast ur going to express from is good at helping let down. also breast message.

if u need anymore in pls just ask xxx

I'd say that sounds about right at first. It takes a little while to build up.

I used to express first thing in the morning before I fed the children and when I was at my fullest. For the first few days I aimed for 1/2oz-1oz and built it up over a few weeks so that eventually I was expressing about 6-7oz in around 10-15 mins and then feeding the LOs.

Hope that helps.

thx guys :hi:

then I will try to keep on expressing :baby:

daddy tried to give her the half ounce I got out yesterday with the beaker, and as far as we could see she is taking it from the beaker :baby:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->