Extra income when baby is due/born

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Club' started by mrsholmes, Oct 29, 2008.

1. mrsholmes

mrsholmes Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what I will be entitled to when the baby is born? Both myself andoh work full time, however I am on a higher wage and his wage will not cover the bills when the SMP kicks in I will only be left with £100 a month, which we would spend on petrol! I will be able to save some money but I was wondering how the child allowence and working tax credits work?! is it weekly or monthly?

thanks

2. ChloesMummy

ChloesMummy Well-Known Member

Child benefit is every 4 weeks, and tax credits are optional every week or every 4 weeks. x

3. mrsholmes

mrsholmes Well-Known Member

how much are they?

4. ChloesMummy

ChloesMummy Well-Known Member

Whoops did mean to write that...child benefit is about £70 and tax credits is worked out on your your earnings i think im not 100% sure cos i get full pay for 6 months mat leave so dont qaulify, soz if thats not much hlp x

5. Amanda

Amanda Mum of 3

I'm in the same situation hun. This is a good site:

https://www.entitledto.co.uk/

Tax credits is really wierd - it's worked out on your annual eage the tax year before. But as your income will drop dramatically, they'll do a calculation on this years income. Oh - and SMP doesn't get counted towards your annual wage, so for 33 weeks you are classed as earning nothing.

6. bambikate

bambikate Mummy of 2 gorgeous girls

oooh thanks amanda - great link im so confused what we'll be entitled to x x