Extra Maternity Leave available?

N

Neecee

My friend informed me that I may be able to take extra maternity leave. I had originally planned to take 26 weeks, as I can't afford to be off for 52 weeks, but my friend told me that apparantly I can take 9 months off and those extra weeks are still paid, but just at a lower rate. She said it was introduced in April this year. Does anyone know anything about this? Any advice would be much appreciated as my porridge brain can't remember the goverment site that has maternity info on it!

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks! Now I just need to find the info and change up my plans...

So is that 9 months now classed as ordinary maternity leave?

has it not gone up to 12mths maternity leave with pay now?!!

https://www.dwp.gov.uk/lifeevent/benefits/statutory_maternity_pay.asp

Yep standard maternity leave is 39 weeks paid at SMP with the first 6 of those at 90% pay but everyone is entitled to a full 52 weeks' leave with the last three months unpaid.

Don't forget that you get your bank holidays added to your holiday allowance too.

You can take up to 52 weeks, but I only qualify for SMP up to 39 weeks.

I believe there are plans to introduce paid leave for the full 52 weeks but we will not qualify as our LO's will be born before its intoduced. I think this was due to start next year but it has been put on hold.

I know people have mentioned it before but this 'tiger tool' is really useful. If you put in your due date you can print off a personalised calender showing all the key dates relating to your pregnancy regarding maternity leave/pay...
https://tiger.direct.gov.uk/cgi-bin/maternity.cgi

Hope this helps...?

You can take up to 52 weeks, but I only qualify for SMP up to 39 weeks.

I believe there are plans to introduce paid leave for the full 52 weeks but we will not qualify as our LO's will be born before its intoduced. I think this was due to start next year but it has been put on hold.

I know people have mentioned it before but this 'tiger tool' is really useful. If you put in your due date you can print off a personalised calender showing all the key dates relating to your pregnancy regarding maternity leave/pay...
https://tiger.direct.gov.uk/cgi-bin/maternity.cgi

Hope this helps...?

Thakns a lot! Yeah, I found that tool and printed off my customized calendar. I've adjusted my dates so that I can leave earlier and go back to work later.:happydance:

ooo thats a good bit of info thanx x

Aww im glad you found that out Neece, now you can have more time with ur baby xxx

I'm having trouble walking coz of sciatica in my back and legs, so knowing that I won't have to commute for much longer is a big relief too!

Don't forget that you get your bank holidays added to your holiday allowance too.

I think bank holidays are still a bit of a grey area? I have been looking into this and all of the info. I've found says it depends on your individual contract of emplyment? The goverment are looking to introduce it as a maternity benefit but its not in force yet. :shrug:

Unless I've missed something PeanutBean? I really hope I have as it would be fab to get more time off on full pay :rofl:

I think bank holidays are still a bit of a grey area? I have been looking into this and all of the info. I've found says it depends on your individual contract of emplyment? The goverment are looking to introduce it as a maternity benefit but its not in force yet. :shrug:

Unless I've missed something PeanutBean? I really hope I have as it would be fab to get more time off on full pay :rofl:

Well I only get stat for everything, no perks, and when I asked HR as I wasn't sure she told me it would be added to my annual leave!

Public holiday are seperate for me. I get 23 days paid and then the public hols on top of that.

Public holiday are seperate for me. I get 23 days paid and then the public hols on top of that.

Me too, I get 27 leave days plus bank holidays. So when I got back next year my 2009 leave will be 34 days as all 7 bank holidays will have taken place while I was on leave.

Well I only get stat for everything, no perks, and when I asked HR as I wasn't sure she told me it would be added to my annual leave!

Corr, that sounds great! Thanks PB, I'll speak to my HR dept too :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->