Extremely high progesterone level on cd24 of 260.2!!!

Mother of 1
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I am new to posting but have been reading on here for years.
I have been pregnant 5 times with only 1 healthy little boy, who is our whole world.
I have been taking clomid 100mg days 5-9, and had my 24 day progesterone test yesterday. The nurse accidentally ordered a blood pregnancy test instead , which came up negative. So, I went back to the hospital to have my progesterone level drawn and got the results this morning....... 260.2!!!!!!!!!! Very concerning to me, but my doctor says there's nothing to worry about. What in the world would cause my progesterone to be so high with a negative pregnancy test? Has anyone experienced something similar?
:shrug:

Hi 907. I am not aware of negative effects of having a high progesterone level, outside of pregnancy. However, you should have your doctor also test your testosterone and cortisol levels. If your progesterone and testosterone are high, and your cortisol levels are low, this can be an adrenal issue. Hence, causing fertility difficulty. If the adrenal glands are not working properly, for whatever reason, and cannot produce cortisol, then the body will produce an excess amount of the other hormones (like progesterone and testosterone). This is just a suggestion, I am not saying you necessarily have this issue. But consider testing your other hormones if you haven't already. Good luck and keep us posted!

Do you know what your progesterone level was prior to taking clomid? It could also just be your hormones responding to the medication. Im curious if any other gals here had high levels like that after clomid.

My progesterone level prior go clomid was 0.2! I was originally put on 50mg which resulted in a progesterone level around 2. So my doctor upped the dose to 100 mg days 3-7 and it was around 13 and I was pregnant. Lost the pregnancy, waited a few months to start clomid again and had a progesterone over 15. Next cycle was progesterone level 7. Then my doctor decided to try 100 mg days 5-9 which resulted in a progesterone level of 29.1 but bfn. This time around I was on 100 mg also days 5-9 and got 260.2! I was only 8 or 9dpo when they accidentally did the blood pregnancy test which was around a 3. Do you think it was just too early to detect pregnancy? Maybe it hadn't implanted yet? I'm about 11dpo today and haven't tested. Bfn yesterday :cry:

*prior to taking clomid.
Silly iPAd corrects my words incorrectly!

My progesterone level prior go clomid was 0.2! I was originally put on 50mg which resulted in a progesterone level around 2. So my doctor upped the dose to 100 mg days 3-7 and it was around 13 and I was pregnant. Lost the pregnancy, waited a few months to start clomid again and had a progesterone over 15. Next cycle was progesterone level 7. Then my doctor decided to try 100 mg days 5-9 which resulted in a progesterone level of 29.1 but bfn. This time around I was on 100 mg also days 5-9 and got 260.2! I was only 8 or 9dpo when they accidentally did the blood pregnancy test which was around a 3. Do you think it was just too early to detect pregnancy? Maybe it hadn't implanted yet? I'm about 11dpo today and haven't tested. Bfn yesterday :cry:

Bfn today too:bfn: :growlmad:

It's still early honey, don't give up hope yet. Are you charting your temps?

No, I'm not. I have more AF symptoms than pregnancy at this point unfortunately. :(
I'm kind of losing hope. I know God has a plan though.
I know how extremely blessed I am to have my healthy little boy.
It's just hard going through this over and over again.
Thanks so much for the response!

Well lets wait and see. Until you get AF you're still in the game this cycle...keep me posted!:hugs:

I started my af this morning......:(
My doctor decided to try 1 more round of clomid. Here we go again...... Praying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->