Faint line showing on test

Chezzer

Reaction score
Hello
I had a panic today I couldn't feel my 8w 5 d bump. On Tuesday I had a prego test at the dr and he said stong line but today I done two today really cheap ones from the £1 shop. And one had a very light line and the other slightly darker. Bit worried. Having a few twinges.
Whats gone on .??

Hi Google the hook effect. Basically as your hcg levels rise as your pregnancy progresses the levels overwhelm the pregnancy tests so they come up really light or negative. Twinges can be good means everything is growing and stretching as baby still tucked away behind your pubic bone.

Thank you for your reply. I'l Google the hook effect. How common is it x

Just done another bought 3 in a box today 1 was really faint but think it was the stick the second a bit darker 3rd is darker than the second x

The cheap tests are rubbish for line progression, they give you a + or a - but they're so inconsistent to monitor the HCG increase.

Twinges are totally normal, as long as it's not painful or you're bleeding you're fine x

Stop doing tests love. They're not designed for later on in pregnancy as a comparison. Can you book a private scan to alleviate your worries. Sending love x

Thank you girlies I'm not doing any more tests. I need to chill I notice stuff more when I'm bored of have nothing to do x

It's so hard this first bit and really drags. Sending love. Try keep busy with a new book or journaling. I find it hard to relax too

Thank you for the tips it's great. I'm 9 wks today x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->