Faint pregnancy test and darker OPK--or am I going nuts ?

nicem815

Reaction score
Can you guys see it, too? Maybe I'm going nuts but I see a very light positive pregnancy test (the green one)???

Attachments

• IMG_4643.jpg
    IMG_4643.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 82
I can kinda see something but in the pic it's quite blurry x

Took some more that seem negative ! Guess it was just a fluke !

Did you dip the OPK and then dip the HPT in the same pee? That could cause a false positive.

Did you dip the OPK and then dip the HPT in the same pee? That could cause a false positive.

Just took them again in DIFFERENT cups --definitely a negative preggo test!

Attachments

• IMG_4648.jpg
    IMG_4648.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 36
How was your hold though? I definitely saw it on the first one and the hpt/opk thing isn't always true. I did a mini experiment when I heard it. Took one sample then separated it into four cups. Cup 1 just dipped hpt. Cup 2 just dipped opk. Cup 3 I dipped the opk and hpt not touching. Cup four I dipped them and had the ends touch. Granted one tiny experiment says nothing but I didn't have any false lines. It could just be that your second sample wasn't concentrated enough. Will you test again in the morning?

Just took them again in DIFFERENT cups --definitely a negative preggo test!

The antibodies that are in the opk can contaminate the hpt. I dont think it happens if you dip the hpt first and then the opk. But testing early is tricky. That test could be negative because your pee was too diluted. Take another test in the morning and again if af is late.

Just a heads up, even if your hpt was negative, I got a positive opk before a positive hpt both with my lasy pregnancy and the previous one. That was how I knew to keep testing! Good luck xx

Just a heads up, even if your hpt was negative, I got a positive opk before a positive hpt both with my lasy pregnancy and the previous one. That was how I knew to keep testing! Good luck xx

Good to know! I was a little confused when the ovulation tests are telling me that I'm still ovulating 3 days before my period. So strange. When I input the info into the Glow app, it just keeps pushing my period day back. So I have no clue!

You can have an LH surge before AF comes too. That's why you really shouldn't take OPK's unless you're checking for ovulation. Causes more trouble it seems.

You can have an LH surge before AF comes too. That's why you really shouldn't take OPK's unless you're checking for ovulation. Causes more trouble it seems.

Thanks for all the info, ladies! Boy, for someone who already went through this once before, I sure do feel clueless sometimes ha!

I checked my fertility app....
I had LH surge on the 6 and had was. Light spotting on the 13. Period was originally due tomorrow, but no sign of it yet. Lots of discharge last week/now. So who knows!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->