Fall in Love! September Testing Thread

Yay for ovulation @MrsKatie!

I tried to respond to everyone the other night but my dumb phone wasn't letting me for some reason. Ugh! Anyway I'm 10DPO today. I tested earlier and pretty sure it's a BFN, but then I stupidly dug it out of the trash and now there's a line. Ugh! LOL! I was spotting some earlier, which is early for me so idk what's going on lol. I try not to read into symptoms too much anymore after so long TTC with all my kids and so many months of disappointment, but I have noticed tender breasts.

So here are my unimpressive BFN and my probable evap for your viewing pleasure lol!

View attachment 1118923

View attachment 1118924
I had a terrible evap on these even darker then yours then got AF a couple of days later. I hope your next test is positive x

I had a terrible evap on these even darker then yours then got AF a couple of days later. I hope your next test is positive x
I’ve had horrible wicked pink evaps before on tests before (different brands) that looked convincing so I will continue to remain skeptical unless proven otherwise.

@markswife10 oooh fingers crossed!! that is quite an impressive evap, if that's all it is....I hope today goes quickly for you and the tests arrive early tomorrow! Did you get more of these or another brand? And we're definitely all guilty of pulling a test or two from the bin :haha:

afm spiraling a bit about my tests...took my last cheapie today. Still positive, I don't know what I was looking for by taking it. I don't feel better because it's the FRER's that have my head all out of whack! I swore I wouldn't buy more but I am so tempted today. Not that I have an opportunity to get anymore anyway....realistically I know I should just stop. Regardless of the result, there's nothing I can do anyway.

Did any of you ever use the countdown to pregnancy website? I had all my tests on there (since my second pregnancy) and now the site doesn't work. I am so bummed, I can't find my old test pictures on here either since all older posts are archived. It would just be so helpful to see how they progressed in previous pregnancies. Oh well!

@markswife10 oooh fingers crossed!! that is quite an impressive evap, if that's all it is....I hope today goes quickly for you and the tests arrive early tomorrow! Did you get more of these or another brand? And we're definitely all guilty of pulling a test or two from the bin :haha:

afm spiraling a bit about my tests...took my last cheapie today. Still positive, I don't know what I was looking for by taking it. I don't feel better because it's the FRER's that have my head all out of whack! I swore I wouldn't buy more but I am so tempted today. Not that I have an opportunity to get anymore anyway....realistically I know I should just stop. Regardless of the result, there's nothing I can do anyway.

Did any of you ever use the countdown to pregnancy website? I had all my tests on there (since my second pregnancy) and now the site doesn't work. I am so bummed, I can't find my old test pictures on here either since all older posts are archived. It would just be so helpful to see how they progressed in previous pregnancies. Oh well!
I also use CTP website and to keep track of my cycles. It's been under "maintenance" or whatever for like a week or so now. I have a feeling it won't be coming back. Which is sad in a way because I've been using the site for years also have all my tests and opks on there too. Now I've switched to a period app and it's just not the same.

@NightFlower I have the same feeling :( I'm so bummed. I've tried everything to find my old photos on there but I can't even access my member profile as an outsider to just look at posts. I'm sorry you're going through this, too
-I did also try to email the website admins because I thought there was something wrong with my password and the email bounced back.
:(

@NightFlower after some determination and google-fu, I was able to get to my pictures (not so much my account but oh well). If you go to google and put quotes around "countdowntopregnancy" and then also "user name", you can pull up your old posts. From there you should be able to click on your profile name or image and it will take you to your account page. Personally my page is wonky; I don't have a user name show up at all and my picture is just a generic pink silhouette of a woman's head, but I still could click on it and at least see my old photos.

To my surprise I never tested on FRER past about 15 dpo!! I don't think I knew that lol. Looks like I just stuck with walmart cheapie tests for progression. In fact I don't know that I've ever seen a "dye stealer" on FRER before! So I give up lol. I'm still tempted to pick up tests but I don't know if it's worth the money. What can it tell me anyway?

@NightFlower after some determination and google-fu, I was able to get to my pictures (not so much my account but oh well). If you go to google and put quotes around "countdowntopregnancy" and then also "user name", you can pull up your old posts. From there you should be able to click on your profile name or image and it will take you to your account page. Personally my page is wonky; I don't have a user name show up at all and my picture is just a generic pink silhouette of a woman's head, but I still could click on it and at least see my old photos.

To my surprise I never tested on FRER past about 15 dpo!! I don't think I knew that lol. Looks like I just stuck with walmart cheapie tests for progression. In fact I don't know that I've ever seen a "dye stealer" on FRER before! So I give up lol. I'm still tempted to pick up tests but I don't know if it's worth the money. What can it tell me anyway?
Thanks for the info I'll definitely try that.

I’m a test-a-holic when I finally get pregnant—probably a mix between taking so many with negative results through the years so it’s wonderful when I finally get lines on them lol, and having had miscarriages so it keeps me sane to see progress. Especially when I get a dye stealer. I’ve taken them to the point to where the test almost looks broken because the control line is so faint lol! So I’m no help in discouraging excessive testing hehe!

That was the kind of test that I was hoping for (the barely there control line) but it backfired for me :/ it just didn't look different from days before and I was freaking out a bit. But I think I'm done. I think. I just know that an ultrasound in a couple weeks (well, two weeks and two days) is the goal; before that there's nothing I can do if the tests get lighter anyway, and even if they do get darker that's not evidence things are going to be ok, just that I'm pregnant in that moment. So meh. I need to just stop...it's just so frustrating when the only thing to do is wait.

That was the kind of test that I was hoping for (the barely there control line) but it backfired for me :/ it just didn't look different from days before and I was freaking out a bit. But I think I'm done. I think. I just know that an ultrasound in a couple weeks (well, two weeks and two days) is the goal; before that there's nothing I can do if the tests get lighter anyway, and even if they do get darker that's not evidence things are going to be ok, just that I'm pregnant in that moment. So meh. I need to just stop...it's just so frustrating when the only thing to do is wait.
Gotta do what’s best for your sanity ❤️

Whoa ladies this thread is WILD this month!! :haha: Crikey I wish I checked in sooner on you all!! Out of control round here you lot are haha...
Huge huge HUGE congrats to @thencomesbebe I'm so so happy to see your ivf resulted in a bfp!! Its nearly made me cry..!
I dunno where to start with the rest lol -
@gigglebox congrats on your surprise that's a mad one haha and then we've got the rest of you that either weren't meant to be ttc or just can't resist another go :haha:
Wild thread. Lol xxx

Hi @josephine3 ! How are you hun? Goodness I remember you back when you just had the dogs! I hope you’re doing well!

Thanks @markswife10 ; I think sanity will not be restored until a couple of ultrasounds and i can feel movement :rofl:

@gigglebox All of them vary so much so it’s hard to compare progression between brands. The best line stealer tests I got were the Walmart cheapies and that was like 17-20dpo. The only real good dye stealer I’ve got on a frer was when I was pregnant with my son and wasn’t tracking…it was the beginning of covid and I was under a lot of stress. I was already almost 7 weeks when I took it.

AFM- No ovulation yet. It’s been a real annoying week. Thanks to school being in session my kids brought home germs and I’ve been down for the count for two days. I’m starting to feel better, but you know everyone else will be next. Hoping ovulation waits til everyone is feeling better so we don’t miss it!

I’ve had horrible wicked pink evaps before on tests before (different brands) that looked convincing so I will continue to remain skeptical unless proven otherwise.
Sorry to hear about your terrible experience with evaps! That must suck. It's Thursday today!! Waiting for your tests!!

@gigglebox I can understand the anxiety of wanting a proper dye stealer. But like you said, a few more days to your first ultrasound and that's more important. In the meantime, enjoy the fact that new life is growing inside you and that you're still early enough to not have crazy first trimester symptoms yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->