Fall is here...now to plant my little pumpkin seed!!!

beaglemom

1st Time Mom to IVF Baby
Reaction score
Hello ladies. I am continuing a thread that I have had going for almost a year now. I wish I could say I haven't been on this road that long, but oh well...hoping to find my exit soon!

So this thread is for any ladies out there just needing a supportive group. The group I have following are in all stages of TTC. IVF, IUI, clomid, femara, natural. Some have been trying for a few months, several months, years. We are here just to support each other & give feedback & advice. We want everyone to feel welcome. We are all in this journey together & we could all use some friendly folks on the way.

So a brief history of me...I have been off bcp for over 10 years. My husband & I decided to start trying again after living the childless life. We were very happy with no children once we were used to the idea. We never had testing done. So a year ago we set off on this path. We both decided that we have lived our life together fully...but now it is time to settle down & try again. We are very hopeful. I have had 3 IUIs with my gyno timed with opks using clomid. That was followed by 3 IUIs with an RE using femara, follistim, monitoring, & a trigger. All have failed. I have leftover meds & my insurance will pay for my office visits if I am NOT doing IUI (so dumb). So if this cycle (completely natural) is a bust, I will do a medicated cycle minus IUI next. I have applied for an IVF grant...hoping for a decision Oct 1. So I am hoping if not pregnant by then, I will be starting IVF in my Oct cycle. As far as our issue, it seems to all be about the sperm count. No issues with me have been found.

So please join us. We would love some new folks. We have been lucky to lose a few people to :bfp:. So we need to repopulate :)

:dust:

I'm here! Currently in the TWW for IUI #2 after mmc in Jan.

Hoping to see some new faces here and lots and lots of baby dusts to everyone!!

:dust:

I'm here too, thanks Beaglemom! I think fall is my favorite time of year. :)

This is a natural cycle after 1 round of Clomid, and it looks like its going to be a bust. We're waiting for an improved sperm analysis before doing a medicated cycle again.
Wednesday I'm seeing a gyno that my doctor referred me to in the hopes that she can do monitoring for future Clomid cycles.

Welcome newcomers. :)

Bouncing on over! Love the new name!

I am in the TWW 9dpo. We did a monitored cycle and IUI. This one is our fourth but second after surgery to remove endo. This cycle I was also diagnosed with pcos. So started 1000mg of metformin a day.
Right now I don't really have any symptoms at all so not feeling too hopeful. Also, dh and I talked about not trying anymore if this is a fail. We would start saving for IVF but we haven't decided. We also want to talk to the RE about it. It really breaks my heart to stop but at some point I think you have too. And realize it's not in the cards for us right now. Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer just one of those days. Plus had a dream/nightmare the test was - probably the source for all this negativity.

Hope to see some new comers!

Michelle, sometimes a break is very much needed. I hope the IUI works...but if not, def look in to some IVF grants to apply for. There are quite a few out there.

Speaking of dreams - I had a crazy one last night. I can't remember much...but I had a baby...it was a very fast delivery...like so fast! I was so disappointed because none of my family could be there...everyone missed it. Also I looked & it was a boy & I really want a girl...it was such a bizarre dream.

I used to dream about being pregnant and giving birth years ago - long before I started TTC. The dreams usually involved me only being a few months ago and not visibly pregnant but could already feel the baby move. And they usually ended with the baby falling out when I went to the bathroom.

Wild stuff!

Sorry Floridasian. I am right behind you (or in front of you, actually).

So bad news guys...she is coming. But hopefully she will come full on today so I can do my u/s tomorrow before my class. I do not want to make another trip to Raleigh this week! But good news - my grant application has been received! I got an email back to day confirming. So I will count down the days until Oct 1. I just called in my letrozole script & hopefully baseline tomorrow to get things started for this cycle. I am more aggrevated that I am like 3-4 days late!!! I wanted a short cycle so I can get on the IVF track sooner. But at least with a medicated cylcle, it is manipulated so I should not go past 30 days at the most. I will probably not do the P the entire 14 days just so no more delays with AF. I am trying to get to a retrieval before Thanksgiving!

Hello everyone, I had posted this question in its own thread, but no response yet. Dh and I have been on the ttc roller coaster for some time now and actually took this past cycle off. Acording to my lmp im 8 days late. I tested the first day late and also yesterday at 7 days late. Both tests were BFN with a frer. Should I try a different brand? I have never been this late. For ten days straight I had on and off cramps like af was coming. Every time I would go check nothing was there. I have had some moderate creamy cm, and sore nips starting two weeks ago then full on sore bbs starting last week. And fatigue, oh the fatigue!!! Any opinions?

Hello everyone, I had posted this question in its own thread, but no response yet. Dh and I have been on the ttc roller coaster for some time now and actually took this past cycle off. Acording to my lmp im 8 days late. I tested the first day late and also yesterday at 7 days late. Both tests were BFN with a frer. Should I try a different brand? I have never been this late. For ten days straight I had on and off cramps like af was coming. Every time I would go check nothing was there. I have had some moderate creamy cm, and sore nips starting two weeks ago then full on sore bbs starting last week. And fatigue, oh the fatigue!!! Any opinions?

I would try another test. I have heard the dollar store tests are sensitive. You have a lot of things that could be symptoms. But that late & if it is not typical for you, I would put a call in to your dr. Some women can be up to 6 weeks before it will show on a hpt.

Good luck!

Thank for your response beaglemom. Im going to walmart in a bit to pick up a cb digi and then stopping at the dollar store to get one of thier tests. I just got off the phone with my sil and she gave me the same advice, she used dollar store tests with all 4 pregnancies. so ill have a poas party in the morning! I was thinking that by 14 days late if still no BFP or af im going to see about getting some bloods and inquiring about provera

froggy - I agree with beaglemom. Also, it sounds like you are not being monitored right now. Are you temping or using OPK? If not, you could have ovulated much later than you thought. Even the most regular person has an irregular cycle once in a while.

Best of luck to you!

beaglemom - yay on getting confirmation of your grant receipt! Let's hope you get approved!!

I don't know when to stop the P this cycle. Last cycle I stopped at 12 DPO (making evening of 11 DPO the last dosage) and it still delayed AF by one day (AF arrived at 15 DPO). But if I stop any sooner then what's the purpose of taking it in the first place? As much as I want to move on and get the HSG scheduled I'm also uneasy about stopping a medication prescribed by my doctor too soon.

I am excited about next cycle - my test date for next cycle will probably fall on our 9th anniversary! A BFP would certainly make a GREAT gift!!

Hello, no im not being monitored this cycle, dh and I were ntnp this month, no opks and I usually dont temp. I really only have a small idea as to when I o'ved based off of ewcm. I was also not medicated this cycle. I always o on my own but was medicated to help amp everything up. We have male factor issues. The last break I took from letrozole was in april and I had a normal cycle then. I know it could be unlikely that we conceived, but im holding onto hope that I have a stubborn bean and a shy BFP :)

Froggy I think you have a good plan. I would do the same thing.

I am feeling the urge to pee on something lol. I'm going to hold off though until 12dpo. Which isn't too far away. Hoping for my first official BFP but prepared for it to be a bfn. But we had a lot going for us this cycle. I had two mature eggs and one on each side. Which which is what I was hoping for since the edno was so bad on my right side. Plus, I don't think it's healed all the way either. Then the metformin in conjunction with pregnitude. Then dhs count was good. Yesterday I was down today I'm up lol

Ladies...quick update before my class starts...

I don't know if I should be excited or royally PISSED. Since I hate to have false hope, I am going with pissed at the moment. No AF. And when I say that I mean no spotting, completely dry! So frustrating! So if she shows I will have to make another drive to this town for a baseline. Even if it shows this morning some time, my dr stops u/s at 11:30 & my lunch break is not until at least 12 & it is a 20 minute drive there. Ugh. I forgot to test this AM. I will try again tomorrow. I was in class yesterday & felt so bad I went ahead & took some tylenol. On my way home I got these fierce pinching cramps so bad I was hunched over. They were short but intense. So I just KNEW I would see red when I got home. Nothing. Used a tampon in case & nothing on it before bed. Same thing when I woke up this morning. I can hope a pos shows up late...but I feel like it is just my body screwing with me.

beaglemom - that is such a tough situation to be in! Fingers crossed that she DOESN'T show at all!!! I totally understand about not wanting to drive back. I wouldn't want to do that either.

Michelle - fingers crossed for your BFP tomorrow! I think you have a great shot!

Didn't test today but will test tomorrow morning. I've decided to continue with the P today and stop tomorrow morning if it's a BFN.

I've had virtually the same temps for five days in a row now. It's very odd but I guess it happens. I'm trying not to read too much into it.

Jumped over finally. I am 26 dh is 27. We have male factor infertility with low motility. We did clomid pregnyl trigger and iui this cycle. I am doing progesterone until 14 dpiui per md orders. My HPTs are almost negative from the trigger. Waiting for my bfp now.

Jumped over finally. I am 26 dh is 27. We have male factor infertility with low motility. We did clomid pregnyl trigger and iui this cycle. I am doing progesterone until 14 dpiui per md orders. My HPTs are almost negative from the trigger. Waiting for my bfp now.

I am so glad you are testing out the trigger. Some women find that second line upsetting when they know it is a lie. But I have seen so many women wait to test then doubt the test. I have seen a couple women where the trigger stays up to 13/14 dpo. I am glad a negative is showing for you. It eliminates the doubt. So now just waiting for the line to come back! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->