False positive orrr?

jjohns50

Reaction score
Can you guys please help me out! I am on cd 60, I have been having long cycles but normally only around 45 or so days. FI & I had sex on cd 12& 15. It's been quite a while so I decided I would take a test tonight. FI went into the dollar store and got a clearblue blue dye test. I checked on it before the three minutes were even up and it looks like half a vertical line popped up by its very light and not the full line. I've been having nausea And headaches a lot recently. I read online that some women have retested at eight weeks and found that their tests got lighter than when they originally tested so maybe that's what's going on?... Please help!

I would test again...on a better test. FRER

I took a picture but I have an IPhone 6 and it does his action shot thing where there are like 3 pics in one. And by the time it settles on the last shot the color is so washed out you can't tell. I know you're not supposed to look at them after the time is up but I always do and they always stay negative, except the next morning that one was obviously positive no way it was an Evap line. I got 2 more digital and a red dye rest and they were all positive. I am about 8 weeks. Thanks all for your help!

Congratulations! Sometimes women who are further along can get negative or questionable tests due to something called the hook effect. Too much HCG can have issues bonding to the antibody strip. I can't remember exactly how it works, and I'm too lazy to Google it, but that's basically the gist of it. LOL.

In any case, wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"