Family Dollar tests

Pne1985

Reaction score
Somebody please tell me these tests are horrible! I took a frer a couple days ago and the test line was darker than the control and bought these to use for progression and obviously the test line is lighter than the control. It makes me nervous. Also, on another note, what is the hook effect and when does it happen? Maybe that’s why also?

D8E4325D-A864-4E66-B6D1-6FB4243CB2F9.jpeg

That's pretty dark though for a cheapie test! And definitely could be the hook effect. I think you're fine mama, I would try a frer to see if it does the same

That's pretty dark though for a cheapie test! And definitely could be the hook effect. I think you're fine mama, I would try a frer to see if it does the same
I know it is pretty dark, and I need to do a frer. I have 1 left and I was trying to wait another week to use it. But I might break down this week. Haha

Can you get in to see the Dr anytime this week? I normally do for my beta hcg's. It would kinda give you some definite answers after 2-3 blood draws. But in my opinion from the test I think its looking good baby is just snuggling in. Try to enjoy this time as much as you can dont let the worry keep sneaking in, congrats btw!

They are crappy! This is my frer from this morning. It gives me peace of mind now!

5337F20B-B418-41C0-A936-EC5B3D00D99C.jpeg

I know, the comparison is crazy!! Thanks for looking ladies!

Ya, that FRER is perfection! I was just going to say that some dollar store tests aren’t even close to being as good as FRER and their progression sucks! I had one dollar store test hanging around and it took ages to even develop and the line was soo faint, but my CB digital registered at 3+ :dohh: happy for you mama! Enjoy your pregnancy

Ya, that FRER is perfection! I was just going to say that some dollar store tests aren’t even close to being as good as FRER and their progression sucks! I had one dollar store test hanging around and it took ages to even develop and the line was soo faint, but my CB digital registered at 3+ :dohh: happy for you mama! Enjoy your pregnancy
Thank you!! I had anxiety through the night because of it! I woke up and was cramping and had myself convinced I was miscarrying. I had to take the frer to see for sure what was going on and was so relieved that it turned out the way it did! I’ll just have to buy more now to announce it to my husband!

The hook effect happens around 6 weeks and it's when the test line starts getting lighter than the control again. I freaked out because this happened to me. I was getting line stealers and then all of a sudden the test line was getting lighter and I went into meltdown.
So what u do is add half urine and half water and u shud get a nice dark result again
20190303_193914.jpg
Top test was just urine and bottom test was half urine and slightly just over half of water added to the urine and u can see a much darker result. So please don't worry hon if ure test line starts getting a bit lighter just add water to ure urine.
It's just that when u get to a certain stage of pregancy the preganacy test gets confused and will just throw out a lighter result it's because ure hormone levels are so so high.
Just thought as one who has experienced the hook effect wud share my experience of it.
Congrats again hon ure tests are looking fab. My FRER was just like ures at 5 weeks pregnant a complete line stealer and then a few days later the test line and control line were the same but did another and added water and bam. Another line stealer.

The hook effect happens around 6 weeks and it's when the test line starts getting lighter than the control again. I freaked out because this happened to me. I was getting line stealers and then all of a sudden the test line was getting lighter and I went into meltdown.
So what u do is add half urine and half water and u shud get a nice dark result again
View attachment 1056798
Top test was just urine and bottom test was half urine and slightly just over half of water added to the urine and u can see a much darker result. So please don't worry hon if ure test line starts getting a bit lighter just add water to ure urine.
It's just that when u get to a certain stage of pregancy the preganacy test gets confused and will just throw out a lighter result it's because ure hormone levels are so so high.
Just thought as one who has experienced the hook effect wud share my experience of it.
Congrats again hon ure tests are looking fab. My FRER was just like ures at 5 weeks pregnant a complete line stealer and then a few days later the test line and control line were the same but did another and added water and bam. Another line stealer.
Thanks for the info! I’m sure that’s what will happen to mine as well!

How far along are you? That’s the kind of line I’m waiting for!
I was 21 dpo when I took that, had a line stealer at 18dpo also so it took a little while for them to get that dark! How far along are you?

I was 21 dpo when I took that, had a line stealer at 18dpo also so it took a little while for them to get that dark! How far along are you?
I’m 18 dpo today. I’m going to wait a few more days to test again so I get a great line!!!

I’m 18 dpo today. I’m going to wait a few more days to test again so I get a great line!!!
Oh yea I’m sure your line will be crazy dark by then! What’s it look like now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->