Family hates babies name

Dream.dream

SAHM to 2 beautiful boys
Reaction score
And they Arnt being quiet about it either . They knew we had names picked early one but did t want to share them. We agreed to after the gender scan because they all asked and now they are being jerks .

My grandmother is suggesting other names constantly , my mom says that his name sounds redneck and with my first being Levi its to weird and mother in law is saying she won't call him by his name of we name him what we want to.

So annoying . I don't care if it sounds redneck I'm from southern Alberta, it works, and they knew we were set on names already so it's frustrating , I already call him by his name and so does my son :(

Ugh, this is why I'm afraid to tell my family the name before baby is here. I hope they get over it!

the family members got to name their kids already.

If she won't address the kid by its name then she wont be referred to as her chosen grandma, nana, nona, what-have-you.

simple.

Very upsetting so I realize yes its not that simple. That's the risk taken when divulging the name early. It gives people a chance to critique. The problem is they weren't asked for their opinion they were told the child's name.

I say, stand up. Say to whomever is giving grief over your name selection, that they were not asked.

I'm curious as to what the name was, since their knickers are in a bunch.

we are considering wyatt, love it - it is very south American sounding (i love old west names) but not at all redneck to me

tell them where to go, cant believe how rude they are and i agree with not letting her see the child if she acts like that, my MIL called social services over a fight when me and her son broke up for a few months (she later apologized to me and social services but by then damage was done) so I cut her out, she humbled very quickly when she learned she doesn't call the shots or actually have any say or rights to how MY son is raised

note: there was never even a fight between me and the OH we where just stressed, she literally got involved and cause problems because she didnt think i was good enough for their family

Ah, Wyatt is NOT a redneck name, I love it, very old fashioned and American! Maybe this list of real redneck names will chear you up..!

Chain
Beuford
Cooter ( my fav)
Billy Bob
Billy Ray
Earnest
Bud
Buddy
Cleon
Cletus
Jim Bob
John Deere ( I have actually seen this if you can believe it)

Ah, Wyatt is NOT a redneck name, I love it, very old fashioned and American! Maybe this list of real redneck names will chear you up..!

Chain
Beuford
Cooter ( my fav)
Billy Bob
Billy Ray
Earnest
Bud
Buddy
Cleon
Cletus
Jim Bob

Lol!!!!! Too funny!!! Cooter huh? Wow! Interesting!!!! Thanks for the laugh!!! :)

Ditto above posters! Wyatt is a lovely, classy name! Not redneck!! They already named their kids, they will get over it. Tell them to put all their complaining energy into biting their tongues! Beautiful name!

Chain
Beuford
Cooter ( my fav)
Billy Bob
Billy Ray
Earnest
Bud
Buddy
Cleon
Cletus
Jim Bob

Lmao um with my first his dad actually wanted to name him bud and cooter and I had a buddy named Beauford we called him ford . Lmao

I'm sticking with it I've already attached him with the name so to speak, the MIL says she will give him a nickname instead , *roll eyes* good thing I don't like her anyways

It's stupid because they were the ones who wanted to know !

WTF, that is a beautiful name.

Unfortunately, regardless of the name you choose, people are going to have an opinion on it. My in-laws had concerns about Asher's name - they were convinced people were going to call him Ass-turd.

We don't plan on telling anyone this baby's name either because I am not interested in opinions. I choose what I love and what fits our family. End of story.

Chain
Beuford
Cooter ( my fav)
Billy Bob
Billy Ray
Earnest
Bud
Buddy
Cleon
Cletus
Jim Bob

Lol!!!!! Too funny!!! Cooter huh? Wow! Interesting!!!! Thanks for the laugh!!! :)

Ditto above posters! Wyatt is a lovely, classy name! Not redneck!! They already named their kids, they will get over it. Tell them to put all their complaining energy into biting their tongues! Beautiful name!

is cooter not slang for where a baby comes from :winkwink:

The same thing happened to me when I was pregnant with my first! My mum is awesome but she is very loud with her opinions. She said she hated the name Sophia and wouldnt call the baby that. If we named her that then she would call her by her middle name. She then proceeded to give me suggestions of other names which were far better such as "Paris Angel" or "Ginevra". Anyway i named my baby Sophia and she has gotten used to it, calls her Sophia, and absolutely dotes on my dd. If you love the name just go for it, it will grow on the family once your lo is here.

WTF, that is a beautiful name.

Unfortunately, regardless of the name you choose, people are going to have an opinion on it. My in-laws had concerns about Asher's name - they were convinced people were going to call him Ass-turd.

We don't plan on telling anyone this baby's name either because I am not interested in opinions. I choose what I love and what fits our family. End of story.

how???

how do you get ass-turd from Asher it doesn't even sound similar :wacko:

The same thing happened to me when I was pregnant with my first! My mum is awesome but she is very loud with her opinions. She said she hated the name Sophia and wouldnt call the baby that. If we named her that then she would call her by her middle name. She then proceeded to give me suggestions of other names which were far better such as "Paris Angel" or "Ginevra". Anyway i named my baby Sophia and she has gotten used to it, calls her Sophia, and absolutely dotes on my dd. If you love the name just go for it, it will grow on the family once your lo is here.

your daughters lucky to have you as Paris Angel sounds like something Jordan would name her kid

After learning this the first time where loads of names where ruined on me and people upset me picking apart my choices I never told any one again. Second time and this time its constant asking if we have names and we just say we dont. Or be truthful and say we arnt telling till birth. People can be knob ends and not think when they are slating your choices, cant even fake they like it just pick apart and be negative. Immediately mocking it and assuming bullies will do it too. I did like the name darcey and stupidly said I did once and it got called "arsey darsey" so that went out the window.

your daughters lucky to have you as Paris Angel sounds like something Jordan would name her kid

Yeah I know! After hearing that I felt extremely lucky my mum gave me a normal name and Paris Angel didnt occur to her back in 1985 :haha:

I think the name you picked is Beautiful. Very strong name. I say go with the name you love. As everyone has said, these rude family members have named their children..It's your turn. My parents, especially my stepdad are very opinionated when it comes to naming my children. My mom refused to call my first Dominic the entire time I was pg. She kept calling him Nicki.....a girl name...but she likes his name now...when I chose Malakai for my second, my stepdad made fun of it because of his assumed spelling of the name "malachi" and he would pronounce that phoneticly..malacheeeee. uurrgg...my mom on the other hand...the first thing out of her mouth was "seriously, Amber, children of the corn?" I said, "seriously mom, read the Bible!" Our first choice for son #1 was Damien, but we got a lot of flack for it....from "The Omen" so it was constantly referred to as satan, or devil child, or blah blah blah....Even though we are not pg now, we are discussing names....I've grown a back bone since the birth of my first, and I hate to break it to them, but Damien is back in the runnings. And so is Lucien....which my my mother references "Lucifer" to....Do as you please:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->