Family hates babies name

Ah, Wyatt is NOT a redneck name, I love it, very old fashioned and American! Maybe this list of real redneck names will chear you up..!

Chain
Beuford
Cooter ( my fav)
Billy Bob
Billy Ray
Earnest
Bud
Buddy
Cleon
Cletus
Jim Bob
John Deere ( I have actually seen this if you can believe it)

Lol!!!!! Too funny!!! Cooter huh? Wow! Interesting!!!! Thanks for the laugh!!! :)

Ditto above posters! Wyatt is a lovely, classy name! Not redneck!! They already named their kids, they will get over it. Tell them to put all their complaining energy into biting their tongues! Beautiful name!

is cooter not slang for where a baby comes from :winkwink:

Yes.

After learning this the first time where loads of names where ruined on me and people upset me picking apart my choices I never told any one again. Second time and this time its constant asking if we have names and we just say we dont. Or be truthful and say we arnt telling till birth. People can be knob ends and not think when they are slating your choices, cant even fake they like it just pick apart and be negative. Immediately mocking it and assuming bullies will do it too. I did like the name darcey and stupidly said I did once and it got called "arsey darsey" so that went out the window.

Whats Arsey Darcy?

After learning this the first time where loads of names where ruined on me and people upset me picking apart my choices I never told any one again. Second time and this time its constant asking if we have names and we just say we dont. Or be truthful and say we arnt telling till birth. People can be knob ends and not think when they are slating your choices, cant even fake they like it just pick apart and be negative. Immediately mocking it and assuming bullies will do it too. I did like the name darcey and stupidly said I did once and it got called "arsey darsey" so that went out the window.

Whats Arsey Darcy?
Apparently if I call my child Darcy they will get called that in school.

For a laugh once I told my mum I would call my son Constantine, she actually hit the roof and screamed at me. This was after her freaking out that I wouldnt choose her names which included Ruddolf and Ruppert, oh and my dogs name Bruce at the time.

Have to butt in to say Ernest isn't a redneck name! Importance of Being Earnest, anyone!? It's an English gentleman to me!

Oh, and Wyatt is fine. Ignore!

My inlaws still hate the name Parker...and FIL refuses to call him by it. they had a family meeting in which they discussed how to get us to change our minds.

sod erm is what i say.

This time we told every one were calling baby Danger...and they all believe us. you should have seen there reactions...priceless. (little do they know my hubby really wants the middle name to beDanger.)

My inlaws still hate the name Parker...and FIL refuses to call him by it. they had a family meeting in which they discussed how to get us to change our minds.

sod erm is what i say.

This time we told every one were calling baby Danger...and they all believe us. you should have seen there reactions...priceless. (little do they know my hubby really wants the middle name to beDanger.)

Oh my gosh. Do you know how much tail a guy could pull with that? :rofl: "Hey, baby. My middle name is Danger. It's on my ID."

I love the name personally. I don't think its redneck at all. I think it is a very masculine name that works for both a child and an adult. I will admit, your story is why we don't tell anyone the names we are considering. I'm sure they will get over it as soon as your little guy makes his arrival.

I dont think Wyatt sounds redneck, I like the sound to it, its a fine name.

I agree that you need to put your foot down and tell these people that you didn't ask for their opinion, and they need to be quiet and keep it to themselves.

sod erm is what i say.

They had a family meeting? You mean to tell me they got together to discuss you without you or your hubby being there over the name of YOUR child??? ahhhh

Also, Danger as a middle name would totally work especially with such a story behind it.

Wyatt Mathew is a gorgeous name..

How could they possibly want anything else.. This irritates me so much.

I really love the name Wyatt! It's a great name!

Don't pay any attention!
This is precisely why we aren't telling a single soul our baby's name till he/she pops out!
People will ALWAYS give their opinion, asked for or not, and it seems to be that just because baby isn't here yet then it's ok to insult it. You'll find that once the baby is here they won't care what it's called.

A name is a name and it is the choice made by the child's parents. Why should family think that they have a say? It's not their right...

Wyatt is a perfectly respectable name like any other! The famous British chef, Jamie Oliver called his son Buddy Bear Maurice Oliver. And that's not a joke!!!

A name is a name and it is the choice made by the child's parents. Why should family think that they have a say? It's not their right...

Wyatt is a perfectly respectable name like any other! The famous British chef, Jamie Oliver called his son Buddy Bear Maurice Oliver. And that's not a joke!!!

See I can see if I was naming him something silly or wierd they could say something but I picked classic names with good meaning :-S

I'm hoping it grows on them I've told them if they don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all, but even my mom when my sonsays his baby brothers name is Wyatt she tells him not to rub it in

Tell them "ok,I won't call him wyatt....I will call him nevaeh! Backward for heaven" you can't go any more redneck than that. Names are just names. Its the people who decided it is going to be redneck or not.

Tell them "ok,I won't call him wyatt....I will call him nevaeh! Backward for heaven" you can't go any more redneck than that. Names are just names. Its the people who decided it is going to be redneck or not.

Haha I tell them I changed it to rainbow sunshine

Wyatt is a pretty cool name, I would not consider it redneck. It sounds really good with Levi, I would use it. You can also suggest they use a nickname. I despise my brother's daughter's name, so I call her by an adorable nickname I came up with and they really like.

Wyatt is a pretty cool name, I would not consider it redneck. It sounds really good with Levi, I would use it. You can also suggest they use a nickname. I despise my brother's daughter's name, so I call her by an adorable nickname I came up with and they really like.

why would you despise someone elses name :wacko:

to hate a name so much is just silly imho

a few of my friends have kids names im not a huge fan of but I would never make up names for them or say I despise it, there just name I wouldn't personally pick

Stick with your choice it's your bubs and I'm sure he will suit it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->