fasting

Status
Not open for further replies.

dizzyisacow

wife,mother & myself
Reaction score
has anyone here fasted? i once did a 20 day fast,no food only drink, but i screwed up at the end when i didnt ease into eating and ate like a pig.
anyone up for doing this with me? or is it still considered unhealthy? :wacko:
i suck at eating healthy,portion control and diets, its either all or nothing for me.

this is a link for religious fasting,it helped me last time. https://www.freedomyou.com/
:coffee:

what did you do it for to lose weight? isnt it pointless if your just going to pig out at the end of the fast? have you tried just a calorie controlled diet? its hard but it works if you stick it out, if you can go without food for 20 days I would have thought its easier and healthier to try a low fat diet x

That is very unhealthy.
Plus your body goes into starvation mode so when you do eat again, even if you don't pig out, it all turns right back to fat. Making your weight yoyo like that without a solution to weight loss you can live with can really hurt your body. I'm sorry, nothing against you, but this is a horrible horrible idea.

I've done a week before and felt great :D but after I had finished I had a day of juice only and slowly intoduced foods back. I lost a bit of weight too :) I'd do it with you but can't as I'm still BFing :hugs:

Here Is an article about fasting

Is fasting healthy?
While fasting for several days (assuming your fluid intake is sufficient) is not harmful, there’s no evidence supporting its benefits. However, fasts lasting for more than a week, even with some minimal amount of calories, can damage your health. You need to consume protein for body’s needs. If you don’t have eat protein, your body starts to break down your muscle (which is protein) in order to get the necessary amino acids (the building blocks of protein). A long-lasting fast can damage your heart, which is a muscle, as well as your liver and kidneys, which can decrease in size, if you don’t ingest enough protein. Insufficient protein will also impair their functions.

Are you crazy? :wacko: Even when people fast for religious reason, like in Islam, they eat when the sun goes down.

lol didnt expect so much negativity!
im in a good humour so will sit on the fence waiting for more replies before i respond.

I don't think it's a good idea but you're going to do it no matter what anyone else on here says so just make sure you know what you're doing, do some reading & stay healthy.

When I want to loose weight I only eat an evening meal which is really bad, but it works for a short period of time, then when I start eating again it goes on very quickly. I personally think calorie controlled diets are better than just skipping meals.

x

I don't think it's a good idea but you're going to do it no matter what anyone else on here says

x

not really. im like an elastic band. i bend towards any way im pushed. if im convinced i wont do it! but so far not so much. :flower:

i suck at eating healthy,portion control and diets, its either all or nothing for me.

Eating healthy and portion control is the ONLY path to lasting weight loss - it is a lifestyle, not a gimmick. Fasting does nothing but deprive your body of nutrition and lead to a loss of muscle mass. Even muslims eat after sundown, and they are often lethargic during the month they fast. They eat their calories after sundown and slug it out through the day.

You say you are all or nothing, but the truth is, if you aren't ready to dedicate your lifestyle to eating healthy and portion control, then you won't see lasting weight loss or long-term health.

"Athletic" healthy people tend to eat 4-8x per day, smaller meals packed with nutrients. Food is NOT the enemy :nope:

I wouldn't be able to fast as I'd miss food too much.

How did you cope for that amount of time without food? Were the liquids just water or did you take supplements? Sorry to be nosey!

it sreally really not healthy for you to do that hun! like some one said your body start to store any fat when you do start eating again and you will just end up putting weight on!

oh family fast as there muslim but they get up and eat early in the morning sleep all day then eat at night!

is there not other ways you could loose weight? x

So in other words you did it for no reason because then pigged out at the end?Starvation isnt a way to loose weight...I really dont see why you even did it...the only way it would work would be to never eat again and then you would die???
I'm gonna stick my neck out here and suggest that some of your posts are made to cause a reaction?

to be far i cant see it as been healthy at all..... to totally starve your slef for 20 days shit i would be starving lol..... i mean your body could nick what it needs from fat right hence thats why you will loose weight..... but i think your stomach would shrink too making it hard to eat after woulds....... from most diets that i no about you have to keep up with them to keep the weight my mum has done every diet there is lol she so self concious but once she down to the weight she wants to be to diets suggest stopping them now you've hit the goal but then she would just pile the weight back on..... so now she is on a constant diet she lost the weight and now she balances the diet and eats every her body needs daily and nothing else..... she does have a time out day usually when on holidays or christmas or once a month meals out with the girls but generally keeps the weight off now..... i no when she did the atkins diet years ago she was told to cut out all carbs for 2 weeks and she looked and felt awful and that was only carbs she was cutting out..... and now that diet has been prven that is is shit for your health because of crashing the carbs to nil....... its totally up to you like but i couldnt do i would be sooo hungry i would cheat and not tell you pmsl xxx

to be far i cant see it as been healthy at all..... to totally starve your slef for 20 days shit i would be starving lol..... i mean your body could nick what it needs from fat right hence thats why you will loose weight..... but i think your stomach would shrink too making it hard to eat after woulds....... from most diets that i no about you have to keep up with them to keep the weight my mum has done every diet there is lol she so self concious but once she down to the weight she wants to be to diets suggest stopping them now you've hit the goal but then she would just pile the weight back on..... so now she is on a constant diet she lost the weight and now she balances the diet and eats every her body needs daily and nothing else..... she does have a time out day usually when on holidays or christmas or once a month meals out with the girls but generally keeps the weight off now..... i no when she did the atkins diet years ago she was told to cut out all carbs for 2 weeks and she looked and felt awful and that was only carbs she was cutting out..... and now that diet has been prven that is is shit for your health because of crashing the carbs to nil....... its totally up to you like but i couldnt do i would be sooo hungry i would cheat and not tell you pmsl xxx

ermm double post lol and there was an add at bottom of page says diet dont go hungry hahahahaha i thought that was well funny lol x

Eating healthy and portion control is the ONLY path to lasting weight loss - it is a lifestyle, not a gimmick. Fasting does nothing but deprive your body of nutrition and lead to a loss of muscle mass. Even muslims eat after sundown, and they are often lethargic during the month they fast. They eat their calories after sundown and slug it out through the day.

You say you are all or nothing, but the truth is, if you aren't ready to dedicate your lifestyle to eating healthy and portion control, then you won't see lasting weight loss or long-term health.

"Athletic" healthy people tend to eat 4-8x per day, smaller meals packed with nutrients. Food is NOT the enemy :nope:

spot on.

Its quite good for giving you energy at the beginning, ive done it before but for pretty wrong reasons, if you ease yourself into it and work your way back to solids slowly then go for it i think! You lose tons of weight but its a lot easier to just do slim fast trust me! :haha: Its fun though, after 3 days you dont feel hungry its mad!

Its fun though, after 3 days you dont feel hungry its mad!

That's because your body goes into ketosis, which is the beginning of organ failure. At least people on diets eat something. Fasting is not fun, and certainly isn't something that should be encouraged.

You also wouldn't be using up just fat, but also protein and braking down your muscles. Organs just happen to be muscles, so if someone plans t fast for 20 odd days, then they will start to weaken their internal organs, muscular system, digestive system, etc.

The reality is that fasting deprives the body of nutrients. The result is low energy, weakness, and lightheadedness, headaches, etc not real weight loss. Any loss is water and muscle, not fat, and you regain the weight when you start eating again. Fasting does not clear toxins from the body, either — just the opposite: Ketones can build up when carbohydrates are not available for energy, and that massing of ketones stresses the kidneys and can ultimately be harmful to your health.

Its fun though, after 3 days you dont feel hungry its mad!

That's because your body goes into ketosis, which is the beginning of organ failure. At least people on these diets eat something. Fasting is not fun, and certainly isn't something that should be encouraged.

:hugs: dont work your self up hun some1 already suggested that this thread was maybe to get a reaction...... there is just no advising some people :hugs: we no its not safe to do so this is how people will end up with eating disorders and stop eating all together..... its kinda like been a bulimic starve your self then pig out its wrong and like you say its not healthy.... and could land some people in hospital maybe the op shouldnt be taking some of these replys as negative more a long the lines of people on here actually do care about others and wouldnt wont to see you damage your self in a way and end up in hospital xxxx:hugs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"