Fave food and drink? Need inspiration!

Ajos

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm nearly 5 weeks and have already started to get the munchies. I'm not quite at Hobbit diet level yet, but I could do with some ideas for snacks and drinks. So, what are you really enjoying atm?

Greek yogurt, milk and custard!! Strawberries and grapes :thumbup:

Dry ginger ale with a twist of lime - so good!! My husband has been making me these during drinking scenarios so people are none the wiser.

Mangoes are in season here is Aus at the moment. So good! A yummy (but naughty) smoothie you could have if they aren't in season is vanilla ice cream and mango nectar, blended. Super delicious treat!

Philadelphia with sweet chilli on crackers has been a bit of a staple for me haha.

Baby Roma tomatoes with basil leaves as a snack is also yummy!

Oh and another naughty treat- Nutella on toast! *drool*

Uh oh. Now I am super hungry. My husband is out doing the groceries. I'm going to make pumpkin soup with garlic bread for dinner. It used to be one of my favourite meals, hopefully I can stomach it tonight! Stupid morning sickness keeps ruining all of my favourite foods haha.

I am loving the little snack packs of fruit you can buy from the supermarket, smoothies, cheese and crackers, crumpets.

Definitely yogurt. Almost any flavour as long as it's thick and full of protein but I really like The Collective Passion Fruit flavour, although there are days when texture of the seeds doesn't go down so well.

I also signed up for Graze boxes. They're not always awesome but you can tell it which snacks you like and don't like as you go and some of them are really really good for when I can't decide what I want and thinking too much about it makes me sick, I just pull one out and eat it without too much contemplation and it usually goes down well. At about £1 per 150 calorie snack they're pretty good.

At the moment I love drinking pure orange juice with lots of ice cubes. Foodwise there's not a lot I enjoy eating and force myself to eat as I have all day sickness. But apples agree with me and I love battered sausages in a breadcake :)

No food or snacks in particular but I've been liking hot nachos..like the kind they serve as appetizer. Ummmm pizza but veggie only and it has to be super hot. Drinks need to be very cold. I like the ginger ale with lime twist as well. Lemon lime soda with twist as well. I've kept down a beef patty (it's a snack from my country. Seasoned beef in a golden pastry)

Depending on what I can stomach, the morning sickness dictates what I can and can't have.

grapes and strawberries
I always used to be grossed out by yogurt but I'm eating that now too.
bagels with pasteurized cream cheese
soup
crackers with cheese or without
fruit popsicles

and I know this is super unhealthy but sometimes I'll have those cup-o-noodles when I'm just feeling to sick to stomach anything sweet

Can you believe I've only just had plain bagels? I LOVED them! I'd only had the cinnamon and raison ones with nutella on :blush:
I'm loving yoghurts atm too, especially black cherry!
Also, before I knew I was pg, I was complaining that the margerine suddenly tasted disgusting. I have now swapped it for spreadable butter and its delish!

My fave drink is Apple juice, my fav food is pasta with bolognaise sauce with loads of cheese and tuna mixed in, even typing this my mouth is watering lol xx

At the minute im loving cherries, baked potatoes, Peri peri chicken and anything orange flavoured...oranges, orange juice, orange pop....you name it I want it!

Just re-read this and it's amazing how much my tastes have changed in a few weeks! I can't stand any of the stuff I loved early on. The nausea killed off lots of my usual go-to treats. At the moment I'm loving jacket potatoes with lots of grated cheese and wedges hot and spread with Philadelphia soft cheese!

Toast. Anything toast. (I normally don't eat carbs as i get a migrane, if i actually eat at all during the day, so i am shocked as to how much actual food i am eating, usually i stop hunger pangs by having another cup of tea and can do this all day with no brekkie until OH and I have our evening meal!!!) but toast? Oh heck yeah!!! At the moment it's marmite and melted cheese with a mayo dip. And anything dairy, but that's nothing unusual. I could kill for cheese if i had to. Lol.

Quite partial to an avocado with a bit of chicken and mayo in. Also little steam packs of veg (i love broccoli and spinach) so ive just found lazy pre packed sachets you ping in the microwave so that's a godsend right now.

Lovin the replies!

Right now nothing, if I'm honest. I normally eat as follows:

Brekkie - porridge and an apple or banana
Snack - another piece of fruit, maybe a bit chocolate if I'm being naughty
Lunch - avocado on ryvita with some chilli flavoured seeds sprinkled on top, and sometimes sliced tomato.
Dinner - whatever we can be bothered making. I'm veggie so usually pasta or a vegetable curry or something.

Food has been an issue. My porridge has been making me heave so I have to eat really fast so I don't notice I'm eating it. Until I started typing this I had gone off fruit but now I need tangerines! I have totally gone off chocolate (normally have a few bars a week, haven't touched any since before bfp) takeaways are also a no go - had my first one tonight and I was heaving whilst eating it but my partner had went and collected it specifically because I thought I was craving it. Vegetarian replacement meat products like veggie sausages make me heave. I had fajitas at my partners parents the other day and it took everything in me to even look at it.

I am really really struggling and people are noticin because normally I'm a great eater!

Ajae, I pretty much lived on toast and cereal with last two pregnancies. Marmite on toast is my absolute fave -eat it every morning. However, in weeks 6-9 I couldn't stand margerine, then butter and the bread toasting smelled repulsive :( Luckily, we're back to business! I also, LOVE cheese! Pasta with cheese, tuna melts etc are big winners now. Just begged my boyfriend to get me some garlic baguette so I an make cheesy garlic bread!!!! I realise from writing this I am carb queen atm. I was so healthy in last two pregnancies. Think I'm embracing my inner fat cow with this one, lol...I'm not even sorry! :haha:

Anything and everything savoury! At the moment I'm loving cornflakes, oatcakes and cheese, chicken mayo sandwiches, crisps of any sort, and my absolute fave is salty mashed potato with a tin of Heinz spaghetti mixed through it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->