Favorite Color

SarahBear

Reaction score
My daughter developed her favorite color super early (probably just after 2 years old) and was able to verbalize her favorite color by about 2 and a half. Now at 5, her favorite color is still orange. On her third birthday, I gave her an orange blanket which she still loves and her grandmother gave her a cape that is orange on one side for her favorite color and purple on the other side because of her name.

Because of my daughter, I've been trying to decipher my son's favorite color since shortly after he turned two. He has, however, been more of a typical kid - he hasn't really settled on one or really understood the concept. At about 2, it seemed like his favorite colors were red and green. At another point it seemed like pink. While he has liked other colors such as purple or blue, the three most common ones to pop up as highly preferred colors are red, green, and pink. Now at just short of 3, he has verbalized a favorite color. He has been saying "Mine favorite color is pink!" So perhaps we have a favorite. Perhaps next week it will be green.

How old were your kids when they verbalized a favorite color?

Violet - 2.5(ish)
Leo - 2 years 11 months

My son is almost 6 and still doesn't have one, he's not interested in colours as long as it's 'not pink'. :dohh:

My daughter from just turning 3 I think decided hers was pink and it still is. :)

My son was about 2.5 maybe slightly older when he was able to verbalize it.

Edit: he has maintained his favorite color is green since he could verbalize it. Even before he could verbalize it he definitely preferred it.

My daughter is almost 4 and her favourite colour rotates each day/week...even though almost every inch of her room is pink per her request. But I think it varies from child to child.

Mine dont have a favourite colour. Paige will say hers are violet, yellow and gold but none are a definite favourite and she doesn't always choose these colours if she has a choice of things.
Ella and Hannah don't have a favourite at all. If it is bright and pretty, then they like it.

DD1’s is pink and has been since 2.5. She also likes red and purple and anything girly.
DD2 has loved blue since she was again about 2.5. We always say it’s ‘our’ favourite colour. I’m not 100% if it is or just because she wants to be different to DD1. She will always pick the more ‘boy’ things whereas DD1 has always been very ‘girly’.

Gracie has always gravitated towards orange, even before she could verbalise it. Mainly because she loved oranges!

Now if asked she will always say orange, her orange bricks are always the first she goes for, and all pictures contain orange. If we let her choose out her own clothes she always chooses orange.

She’s honestly shown a preference for it since she was about 18 months but similarly would tell you she likes orange once she got to around 2. She likes pink and aqua and purple, but dislikes green and red.

Im 29 and I don't have a favourite colour. I say light blue if someone asks me... but I don't like it any more than most other colours. I just say it to give and answer because people don't believe that I don't have a favourite!

DS- doesn't have a favourite colour
DD1- pink and purple, since she was 2
DD2- purple, she's been saying that since she was 2yrs 2months but showed a clear preference for purple since maybe 1.5. Blue is her back up favourite.

Thomas has only just now decided it is blue, he's never shown a preference before.

Sophie has always liked pink. Probably started saying it was her favourite around 3? I hate pink so that's been fun.

Emma doesn't care about colours, but I could tell you with 100% what her favourite game is, Dark Souls 3. Goes bonkers when it gets turned on, yells "where are you?" at the TV when it is turned off.

Holly says her favourite colour is red. She is very girly though and wears a lot of pink colours.
James doesn't seem to have a preference just yet.

I can't really recall the age she first verbalized it; probably around 2 or so. She's always loved blue. Until recently, if I asked what other colors she likes, she'd say none, but over the last month she's said she likes green and red too, although blue is still her favorite.

When lo picked her playschool rucksack (2.5 yo)it was a blue-teal colour , and her other bags that she chose at a later time were also blue. When ou ask her she most often says blue and green but often she also adds all other colours. but then most her pics are usually quite colourful too .so ultimatvely blue green but she likes other colours too.

I’m 34 and I’m not sure I have a favourite colour. :lol: It’s not really a must have thing for a kid. I like anything on the blue-green-yellow spectrum so asking me for just one colour will either get no answer or a different answer on a different day. Same goes for kids, they aren’t necessarily going to be able to give you a concrete answer to this question.

My 5 year old seems to like orange and blue the best as if given a choice between different colour things he’ll often choose orange or blue, but if you ask him what his favourite colour is it changes or he’ll list 5 colours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->