Favorite toy broke

krissie328

Reaction score
So the day has come when ds favorite toy has broke. He literally carries it everywhere and even sleeps with it. I bought it from a used toy shop so I cannot find a replacement.

I don't know what to do. He won't let it go and just keeps trying to fix it and saying it's broke. I'm so sad for him. He won't accept any other similar toys as a replacement.

Any suggestions on how to deal with this would be so appreciated.

Could you make a big fuss of him giving I t away and it being replaced by a 'big boy' toy that he picks for himself (from a suitably priced selection of toys you give him 😀)

Can you post a picture of the toy, you never know if someones got one the same in an unused toy box somewhere:)

Wanna- I thought of that but I'm not quite sure that's the best way. At the moment I'm searching for a replacement. Dh was able to glue I down so we're hoping it holds until we find something.

6lilpigs- thats a great idea. I've uploaded a pic here and onto a local Facebook page.

It's from the cat mini machine line from a few years back. I've found some on eBay but they want a ridiculous amount for them.

Attachments

• 20170424_062046-1328x747.jpg
    20170424_062046-1328x747.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 33
Yes! Those are totally the sets. I cannot find that version over here. It's all an updated one that ds was not impressed we offered him. :haha:

Toddlers.

These are in USA

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Caterpilla...844284?hash=item360dce17bc:g:RjgAAOxyUfFTlcqS

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CAT-MINI-M...334903?hash=item2382fae077:g:LGIAAOSwjDZYmnG~

I guess if you can't replace it, it's a good life lesson about loss and moving on.

Is it broken so badly that it's not usable, or just a part broken that he notices is broken and won't play with it until he sees it fixed? If it's still usable without the part that broke, I'd probably reinforce that idea every time he brings it up. Sometimes things lose a part, but they still function enough to use. It doesn't have to be trash if it can still be played with without the broken piece. That's the rule I generally go by with the boys' toys.

Is it broken so badly that it's not usable, or just a part broken that he notices is broken and won't play with it until he sees it fixed? If it's still usable without the part that broke, I'd probably reinforce that idea every time he brings it up. Sometimes things lose a part, but they still function enough to use. It doesn't have to be trash if it can still be played with without the broken piece. That's the rule I generally go by with the boys' toys.

Great idea. Dh actually glued the part that broke. It no longer moves but the toy is useable. It is missing a tiny part now and I believe that's what he's obsessively pointing out. So I'll try this and see if it helps.

Thanks ladies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->