Fear of Needles....

I am a nurse, and I am SO afraid of needles - I can hit you with a needle and be fine - but turn the needle towards me and I totally have a panic attack, sweaty palms, hyperventilating etc - then I faint.

I havent had any jabs in YEARS because of this and I refuse all vaccines because of my fear. Blood tests are awful too :( I get upset WEEKS before I have to get them, and I get panic attacks just thinking about when I am getting the jab :(

I feel your pain

(PS I used to faint at the SIGHT of needles)

Oh gosh, how can you stand giving others needles? That would make me super squeamish too.

On a lighter note I've gotten better in my fear of needles since becoming pregnant! I wasn't a baby about it at all the other week when I did my glucose screening. Proud of myself! :happydance:

I could never get an epidural though, that freaks me out.

I was very afraid, i would usually pass out whenever i had my blood taken, i tried to be brave once and give blood but i fainted at the finger prick test!! Suffice to say they never let me give blood.

Since i have been pregnant i had to have more than your average number of blood tests, blood/iron transfusion and most recently IVF so injecting myself daily for 5weeks (towards the end it was twice daily).

Now i don't have any issues with needles, i still don't like them but after all of the above i had to just get used to it for my health and my babies health.

I'm not suggesting anyone have IVF to get over the needle phobia but the more you have to face needles the easier it becomes, the anticipation is the worst part.

Oh i forgot i have to have B12 injections every 2months for the rest of my life also, they hurt! A bit like being stung by a wasp!! I just can't escape them lol

It will get easier and just remember its literally 2seconds then over with, try and focus on what you are doing after the injection/blood work. It helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->