FEB IUI Group - Looking for buddies for this cycle

Myshelsong

LTTTC Success Story
Reaction score
Hello all, I am hoping to start a thread for those of us that will be going through IUI this month. That could be medicated or natural, whatever you and your DR have chosen to do. IUI's can be hard physically and emotionally, so I thought it would be fun to get a group of us together so we could chat about what is going on, and keeping us updated on your progress.

So I will start by introducing myself.
My name is Michelle and I had 4 failed IUI cycles last winter/spring/summer.
After the last failed cycle we had more testing done and it appears my hubs sperm had some serious fragmentation issues, which is why the sperm were never meeting the egg. After months of vitamins and what not we have been given the green light to try ONE MORE ROUND of IUI before we move onto IVF.

Today is Day 1 for me, so I will be going into the Dr office tomorrow for bloodwork and US and start my Femera in the evening! I am doing Femera, gonal-f and progesterone. Last two cycles i had this same combination, and got 4 viable follicles so fingers are crossed I see the same this time around.

I'll be your buddy. First IUI planned this cycle w/ femara, follistim, and progesterone. CD1 was sat 2/6

Hey Buddy!
So I had my US and blood work this morning and will be starting femera tonight.

Is this your first IUI? How are you doing with the medication so far. I didnt find anything bad with Femera alone except a few headaches the first week.

Hi I'll be your buddy :d

I've been ttc year and a bit I have pcos. I have been going to fertility clinic for 4 cycles. They put me on letrozole cd 5 to 9 and trigger shot. First cycle was great had two good size eggs on both ovaries but had bfn. Second cycle my hormones were all over the place estrogen dropped so that was a bust. 3rd cycle I had a cyst. Now I'm on cycle 4 had two good eggs and decided to do iui my husband sperm was 65 million after wash and we did back to back iui secon iui he had 35 million. So everything sounds good but I'm 10 Dpiui and feel no symptoms and did a test and bfn so feeling really discourage:(

Don't feel out yet, you still have a few days to go before testing.
Are they doing a beta?

Those numbers look great for IUIs, we are doing back to back as well.

Thank you Michelle hopefully your right. I have a beta test Thursday.

What cycle day did you start femara? I was wondering if 3-7 would be better than 5-9.

I just got a positive opk today and a peak on my monitor, so DH and I have our first IUI scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. CD 17 tomorrow, had a scan on CD12 and had a 17.5 and an 11 that the nurse didn't think would catch up (though she swore I would ovulate last weekend even though I kept telling her it would be CD17) 5mg Letrozole days 2-6. I really hope that 11 has caught up! We need more follicles to create more embryos so that there is a chance that one isn't affected by DHs translocation. Our Dr will only let us get to 2 follicles, Maybe 3 he said. Anymore and he will cancel the cycle. I just don't think he understands statistics with the translocation.

This is our first IUI. I'm really not nervous. At least not yet. Should I be?

Good luck to everyone!

Hi TinyLynne don't be nervous it is very quick the only thing you will probably feel is the speculum like a Pap smear.

Good luck!

Thanks ttcbabyjan. I'm sure I'll be a little more nervous tomorrow. But after the paps and the scans etc, I felt like this will be another walk in the park. But I know that some ladies so end up with a lot of pain. I guess I will find out tomorrow!

Don't be nervous, I found the last few IUIs were easy and painless. The speculum is the worst part! But I understand being nervous because you want it so bad. That is what gets me every time.

Here is what my drugs look like this time around.
Day 2-6 Femara 7.5 mg
Day 5 - until IUI 150iu Gonal-F
Night before IUI Ovidrel
2 back to back IUIs then progesterone
The last two IUIs we had 4 follicles over 18mm, so hoping this will be the same this cycle.
The one thing I remember is that with the Ovidrel trigger shot it gave me crazy pregnancy symptoms, so I must keep telling myself not too symptom spot this cycle.

Just had my baseline scan today. Started the femera last night. Taking it though Friday and then starting Follistim Friday. I have an U/S next Tuesday w/ labs.

Yes, this is my first IUI. The femera was fine for me last month. I didn't notice side effects except during my TWW.

NP said my lining was 7 today at CD 3-4. Injectables are on their way and being delivered tomorrow.

TinyLynn, this is my first IUI. Last month I did femera and had one follicle. We did trigger and timed intercourse. Doc went immediately to follistim and IUI this month. He says he wants more than 1 egg. His office tells me they will allow 4

I would love 3-5, it would make me feel so much better to have a chance of a normal embryo. I may switch doctors if this doesn't work after a bit. But I'm going to stick with this guy for now. Good luck with your stims, I hope you get 4 good ones! Let me know.

Alright so I am Day 4 and the Femara is doing a number on my sleep. Does anyone else get vivid dreams on these fertility drugs.
Feeling good and trying to be positive! Have my next scan tomorrow before we start Gonal-F tomorrow night. If everything goes as it did last two IUIs we will be having the IUIs next Friday and Saturday.... We will see how this cycle goes!

How is everyone else feeling? Do you have any plans on getting through to the IUI, an then the TWW after?

That hurt so bad. I was not expecting it to at all. Even an hour later I am in pain. I bled quite a bit too. I started cursing because it shocked me. I guess she had to 'straighten out' my cervix with some tool? Is that normal? I really hope I don't have to do this again any time soon.

I'm sorry if I frighten anyone, I don't intend to. I just want thinking it would be like a pap like everyone else said, and I was shocked and how painful it was.

I hope it goes smoothly for the rest of you!

I personally feel like crap today. I had a headache and slept like crap last night.

I'm new to this stim/IUI stuff but my doc is really good about the timing of labs and ultrasounds. I don't have to go back until CD10 for a scan and a lab (just a LH level they say). Last month I just did Femera and I had a mature follicle on CD12 so I hoping I will have good news on my U/S next week and won't have to go in every few days like some women do.

It looks like I'm one day behind you Myshelsong

Thank you Rq120

Oh no @ TinyLynne I bled a little after on my first one but didn't hurt that much. How are you feeling now?

Good luck on your scan rq, the Letrozole gave me a lot of hot flashes at night so I slept horribly too. I'm sure it's the meds. The things we do to have children...

Ttc - It still hurts. I think it was just the cervix straightening tool that did it. But I'm definitely glad it's over.

Im sorry tiny, I have never had that tool used. They should have warned you before using it! Let's hope that u will never have to have another one.

Rq120, yay cycle buddies! Sorry you had a crappy sleep. Hopefully it will be better tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->