FEB IUI Group - Looking for buddies for this cycle

Husband and I were able to purchase a at home IUI kit and we plan to give that the ol try this time around. I usually end up after my round of provera to start my period then starting my clomid shortly after, yet this time my obgyn is wanting to see if Femara will do us the trick. I have yet to finish my provera but excitedly await the next steps <3

Good luck Made2Mother!

Just curious, is it an IUI kit or an ICI kit? I only ask because our OB that did our IUI said that that if the semen wasn't washed away from the sperm before injecting it directly into the uterus, it would cause anaphylactic shock. ICI, inter cervical insemination would not require the wash.

I hope it works out for you!

Where did you find the kit at? I might look into it if this doesn't work out, it has to be cheaper than going to the OB and doing the IUI!

TTCJan I was told to start progesterone Sunday morning. (Day 5 after trigger shot). I read somewhere that taking progesterone too early can increase chances for ectopic pregnancy.

I was wondering about the at home kit as well, sounds interesting. I was told the same thing you have to wash the sperm in order to insert interest the uterus.

Ugh, only going to get one follicle right now it is 21 and another at 15
IUI either tomorrow or Saturday
Trying to relax but it is hard, really wanted multiple follicles. :(

That 15 can definitely grow more! The trigger shot will boost it, and 15 can still contain a viable egg.

I agree. I wouldn't count that 15 out yet.

So today I didn't feel real upbeat about my TTC journey. It sucks when you are so up and down about it. Worrying about everything you can't control.

Office called today. Hubby had some white blood cells in his sperm yesterday and they called to say they are going to start him on an antibiotic.

What does everyone pay for an IUI cycle? I think this month will be around $1800 including ultrasounds, procedure, labs (LH, estrogen, progesterone, and beta), meds, and sperm wash.

Wow Rq! Is a lot of that for your meds?

Our I think will be about $500. I only did 1 ultrasound, no bloodwork and Letrozole (which is covered because it's not a fertility med)

I'm 9dpo. Bfn this morning, but it was an IC blue wondfo that I've never used before. I hate the new FRERs, the old ones were the only tests I would ever buy before, expensive but accurate, but these new curved ones are evil with indent lines. But I may pick some up after work. I've almost always had a positive on the old FRERs at 9dpo. But I'm super bummed. If it didn't work then I'm stopping the Letrozole and the IUI and trying naturally for a month or 2 while I get back into shape. I have gained so much weight in the last year and a half and I need to stop it from getting out of control. I haven't conceived since Letrozole, but we did it on our own before it, I think it's stopping us somehow, but I have no idea how.

Just bummed out and want to go home and lay in bed.

I know its so frustrating but still have hope.

Rq i pay 800 for back to back iuis and ovidrel all other stuff like blood work, ultrasound is covered in Canada and hopefully i get money back when filing for taxes.

I pay $700 for back to back, but the medication cost about $800 even with our coverage - also in Canada so ultrasounds and blood work all included.

You aren't out yet, don't get too disappointed. Wait until day 14 that is what my clinic recommends.

Ok so we have our IUIs booked!! Saturday and Sunday back to back. Feeling ok, we still are only getting the one follicle but that is what it is. Nothing else I can do about it at this point. Having a family party tonight so glad I have something to keep my mind off of it.

How is everyone else doing?

Good luck myshelsong!

Must be nice to have fertility stuff covered. My insurance won't pay for ultrasounds and blood work because it is directly related to fertility. So it's all out of pocket. And yes, the cost does go up on a medicated cycle because you need a baseline ultrasound and extra labs. My IUI was only $425. Sigh, I really hope this one works so I can spend money on other stuff rather than medical all the time. Fingers crossed for me and all you lovely ladies.

I am taking my federal board exam to get a pharmacist license in Florida tomorrow so today and tomorrow I'm quite occupied with studying. I'll have to pick up crafting or something during my TWW after this exam to keep my mind off the wait.

Good luck with your exam!

Now you can send us all of the good meds! ;)

Thanks Tiny! Couple more hours and it will be all over!

Have you tried progesterone Tiny? Just wondering with your history of chemicals?

Hi

I am also looking for cycle buddy. I am 12dpiui 14dpt.
I have hypothyroid, pcos and unknown infertility. Never been pregnant in last 5 yrs of ttc.
I have been feeling very obsessed with these two weeks symptoms. I had iui done on 9th feb. I am not tracking bbt as I forgot to start from day 1 so I let it be.

1-3 dpiui - cramps in lower abdomen and lower back probably due to HCG trigger. lots of gas. felt bloated in lower pelvic area.
4-7 dpiui- no particular symptoms.
8 dpiui- lots of gas and cramps at night. Took HPT to test the trigger is out of body or not. Showed :bfn:
10 dpiui- sore nipples. felt weekness since morning. Took rest. Hot flashes in evening. Later checked temperature raised to 99.1 at night but it got back to 98 within an hour or two. Performed HPT again out of curiosity. :bfn:
11dpiui- too much sore nipples and boobs.hot flashes during day. felt sleepy throughout.
12 dpiui- felt wet in morning as if AF is coming.Some mucous .Super sore boobs and nipples. These are the symptoms I get before AF. So not sure this is AF or BFP. Feeling scared to test as I dont want to see a negative again.
My doc has asked to test on 15dpiui. Waiting and keeping positive thoughts.

Please share your symptoms and how you felt in these two weeks. Keep posted :thumbup:

Good luck vitimarks. I don't have any symptoms to report because I'm very early in my TWW. I had extremely sensitive nipples for the last few days but I'm sure it is due to the extra hormones with 2 eggs.

Here is my comment!! I have I idea how to work this site quite yet lol forgive me!
I got the kit on amazon and have been doing about a month of daily reading of all sorts of personal experienced with both washed or raw(unwashed). The worst case from what I have read is cramping. I would like to was the semen though just because I already suffer from Endo and don't need to add to my cramping. Although I was wondering if putting the "needle" in about an inch and applying the semen just before the cervix to ensure it can still be naturally cleansed if that would give me the same results as going further into the uterus. Several people tend to do that but I can't find many people who continue to comment after. Now that can be maybe because they had a bfp and because they were so excited forgot to comment again on they site they posted or they died.... Lol what do y'all think? I finished my progesterone 2 days ago and am waiting for my period any day, I sure am cramping enough for it to show up any second!

HI ladies,
I'm new to this, I was hoping you can help me. I had my first iui on Feb 13th with a shot of pregnyl 2 days before. My doc said to wait until March 1st to test. I'm dying to know... Is it too early to test now being 9dpiui? Btw I'm on progesterone suppositories. Is it the progesterone that causes the nausea? I'm also feeling lightheaded &#128532;
Baby dust to all of you

I was suppose to have my follicle monitoring Sunday but they changed it to this morning. I am on cd 8 and I have 3 follicles 1 at 16 and 2 at 13. I will probably try another iui this cycle.

I am a big believer of NEVER testing unless I am late or done by the Dr. The only reason is that I can't take another negative and 9 dpiui is super early.

Had my IUIs 20/21 of Feb so nothing to report, going to start progesterone tonight.

So the at home IUI is not fully in the cervix that makes sense. Good luck on that, I am sure some people have gotten pregnant that way so that is exciting! Where are you getting the soerm, is it donor?

good luck baby Jan, those look like good numbers

Had a horrible headache for most of the day today. I go in to get my progesterone tested tomorrow morning. Beta is next Tuesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->