Feb ivf buddies!!

Hi everyone! Not sure how I missed this thread, but I am also starting ivf in February! I am on similar dates to beneath and will start on my next af mid feb.

Amoreamy, sorry to hear about the side effects :( hopefully in a few weeks it will all have been worth every symptom and side effect. I know what you mean about being excited to start your injections, I can't wait. I think it's because t feels like you are actually doing something positive to pearls getting pregnant!!

Hi everyone! Not sure how I missed this thread, but I am also starting ivf in February! I am on similar dates to beneath and will start on my next af mid feb.

Amoreamy, sorry to hear about the side effects :( hopefully in a few weeks it will all have been worth every symptom and side effect. I know what you mean about being excited to start your injections, I can't wait. I think it's because t feels like you are actually doing something positive to pearls getting pregnant!!

Welcome and thank you! Will you be on short protocol like beneath? This is my first ivf cycle too, so it's lovely to speak to fellow newbies!

I totally agree with you that it's so great to feel like you're finally making progress after such a long time. :flower:

Sooo, I was sick this morning just out of nowhere, so that can be added to the list of symptoms ha! How is everyone else getting on?

And a general question, what is your support network during the process? Do many people know about your treatment?

Hi amo, sorry to hear you we're sick Hun, these hormones are horrible aren't they! Hope it was a one off!

I think ill be on short protocol as my dr hasn't mentioned the bcp. They just said drugs for a couple of weeks.

Support network..... My mil and fil know as since my mmc last January there have been there for us every step of the way. So I do talk to and email her. I have also told a friend at work so when I just need to get out of the office we go for a walk and a chat so that's helped. I must admit, it has out a strain on my marriage and we do argue and bicker more than we used to. I also use bnb as a big support. How about you guys??

Amoreamy, Hope you feel better soon!!

As for a support network. A few more people knew during my first IVF, but I decided to tell less people this go so I have less people to tell if there isn't good news again. That was the hardest part for me. BNB honestly is my biggest support. The girls on here are just amazing!

I've only told my sister so far she's very supportive. When I even mentioned IVF as an option to my mother she didn't seem very supportive saying it cost too much and this would be my second baby Ive had one without IVF.
I wish I were already starting my injections I'm still waiting on that appointment all I have been on is the BCP.

Feel better Amoreamy! Did you talk to your doc about the side effects?

Welcome Mrs W 11!

My mil, dad, and boss know directly. A few friends & family knew we were thinking about it. My mil likes to gossip so I'm sure everyone in the family knows... My bil came in the room and subsequently overheard me consulting with my mil regarding the needles. Then they had a side convo about needles, so pretty sure he knows what's going on. Unfortunately not a big secret over here...

My mil has been a huge support when dealing with endometriosis, so I def need her support for this (even if she gossips).

I'm doing long protocol but didn't have to take bcp (can't take it). Suprefact going well so far... My skin is getting a little dry on my abdomen though (from the alcohol).

Hi all. :flower:

Longtime lurker, first time poster.
First IVF cycle this month. Waiting to start my meds any day now.
Beyond excited.

Spreading baby dust all thru the thread xx

Hi all. :flower:

Longtime lurker, first time poster.
First IVF cycle this month. Waiting to start my meds any day now.
Beyond excited.

Spreading baby dust all thru the thread xx

Welcome!!!! Good luck to you, hun xx

I wanted to do the screening but my doctor as well did not advise for us either. My egg count is to low and for that you need a lot of eggies for. Right now Im on Lupron, Bravelle, and Menupor, sorry for spelling the boxes are across the room. Im also on ten days of Bactrim and OH doxi to make sure there is no infections. The bravelle /Menupor burn like heck when I take it.

Thanks everyone, it's really cool to hear about everyone's different situations. I think (or i thought) one of the most difficult things is to go through all this stuff and keep it hidden from people. I've gone from being very private about everything in my life to having quite a lot of people knowing intimate things about me! I guess it's helped me open up a bit more which can only be a good thing.

My problems continue though :( i have a tonne of water retention and swswelling. My face has puffed up and my throat is incredibly painful. But, no more sickness or muscle pain so there is an upside. Oh and my boobs are out of control! I feel like my whole body is actually!
Sorry to be the moaning one!

Oh and yes we had spoken about side effects and she mainly mentioned mood changes, particularly after the pill has finished (which is tomorrow for me) s. She also said about forgetfulness etc x

Oh and yes we had spoken about side effects and she mainly mentioned mood changes, particularly after the pill has finished (which is tomorrow for me) s. She also said about forgetfulness etc x

So sorry you are feeling this way!!! Hope you get better.

Good luck Midwestern2!

Hope things get better amoreamy!

7th day of Suprefact... expecting af Sunday.

Ugh amo sorry to hear about all those side affects, it sounds really tough. It's all for a good cause though, make sure you are taking it easy and looking after yourself, lots of treats and snuggles on the sofa when you can!!

Rosina hope af arrives on time!!

I heard from my IVF nurse today I have an appointment next Tuesday to get my calendar/protocol. She said I will most likely be starting Lupron on Feb 13th.
I'm getting nervous as well as I am getting a breast biopsy done this Friday. The timing for this came at a bad time.

I heard from my IVF nurse today I have an appointment next Tuesday to get my calendar/protocol. She said I will most likely be starting Lupron on Feb 13th.
I'm getting nervous as well as I am getting a breast biopsy done this Friday. The timing for this came at a bad time.

Oh, wow! Hope the biopsy goes well and nothing is wrong!!!

Thanks Beneath

I've read about horrible side effects for Lupron like bone loss,joint loss psychotic episodes etc.... Do These things happen when used for IVF or for someone on them for extended amount of time. This is scary!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->