~*~Feb Lovebugs Baby Club :)~*~

Anyone who's formula feeding...how much does your LO take? I'm worried Edward is having too much. He's feeding every 3 hours and we've just had to up his bottles to 5ozs as he was repeatedly draining 4oz bottles. The side of the aptamil tub says he should be having 3ozs every 4 hours :shrug: I reckon he's getting through about 4-5ozs 7 times a day. This morning he took 6ozs in one go! :wacko: HV says it's okay, but it seems an awful lot more than he supposedly needs, especially with him weighing a lot less than your average newborn.

I managed to do my food shopping eventually, it's really sad that this counts as a major acheivement :lol: xx

You got out of the house katy! bitch! (lol only kiddin) I snuck out for 10 mins to book my car in for its service and show off bubs to the girls at the garage (they are freinds) and she started howling so had to come home.

Oh no! I waited till he'd just been fed and then went straight away so we'd be back before he woke lol xx

Anyone who's formula feeding...how much does your LO take? I'm worried Edward is having too much. He's feeding every 3 hours and we've just had to up his bottles to 5ozs as he was repeatedly draining 4oz bottles. The side of the aptamil tub says he should be having 3ozs every 4 hours :shrug: I reckon he's getting through about 4-5ozs 7 times a day. This morning he took 6ozs in one go! :wacko: HV says it's okay, but it seems an awful lot more than he supposedly needs, especially with him weighing a lot less than your average newborn.

I managed to do my food shopping eventually, it's really sad that this counts as a major acheivement :lol: xx

Hi katy, dont panic, I dont think edward is taking too much. He may be going through a growth spurt, one happens around 10-12 days old, especially if he was on the smaller side at birth. Fraser was 7lb 7 and takes 4 ounces roughly 6 times a day at 6 days old. I would expect him to be taking some 4-5 ounce feeds by 2 weeks old. If you are overfeeding which i doubt, edward would probably posset a lot, and may have greeny poo, rather than yellow.

His poo is very yellow (yuck!) so sounds like that's okay. Thanks :) I think I just worry too much :dohh: It's nice to hear that it's probably normal xx

HELLO GIRLS
was told to get my butt over here that i was missing out:winkwink:
and looks like i have been... god iv been missing 3rd tri sooo Much :shock:

Hope you all and your lil ones are well :hugs:

KATY

Cayden the same hun 5oz , looks for food all day every day
and poo is yellow too, almost paste like..

well poor lil divel actually constipated at the mo :(
its uncomfie for him ii thinks he keeps crying​

Awww poor Cayden. Hope he feels better soon. What milk is he on? xx

Katy you've done well I still haven't got out! I'm feeding him now and plan is to go next! James has been pooing all day loads so wondering if that's what's been unsettling him. I'm going to get the infacol anyway and see how tonight goes. Fx I get more than 2 hrs tonight!

Welcome over girls! What's your real names as we're trying to keep our identities!

aww poor cayden, my eldest suffered bad with constipation when she was a babe, so bad they gave me suppositories to put in her bottom to make her go! You could try a wee bit of orange juice in cooled boiled water, but not too much as orange juice is citrus and can irritate the tum of babies. Failing that, you can try stimulating him to help him go...use a wipe and gently rub his anus in a circular motion...sounds yucky but it does work sometimes.

aww poor cayden, my eldest suffered bad with constipation when she was a babe, so bad they gave me suppositories to put in her bottom to make her go! You could try a wee bit of orange juice in cooled boiled water, but not too much as orange juice is citrus and can irritate the tum of babies. Failing that, you can try stimulating him to help him go...use a wipe and gently rub his anus in a circular motion...sounds yucky but it does work sometimes.

That would explain why Edward always tries to poo on my hand when I clean him when I do his nappy :rofl: xx

isabelle used to take in large amounts of formula - i dont think its anything to worry about - she never seemed to have any troubles xx

well done on getting to the supermarket!! however,,,,,,,,,, oh the bliss of internet shopping!! you are braver than i am! i just cant face shops just now, i literally ran in and out of boots this morning - it was too much!

I agree, i went to get Vinnie registered this morning then had to pop into a shop to pick up some curtains and by the time i got home my c.sec scar was throbbing and i was exhausted. Little man fed for 15 minutes then we both fell asleep for 3 hours....bliss!!!

Anyone elses little one make noises while they sleep?? Vinnies breathing gets faster every now and again and he whimpers as though hes having a nightmare...it always wakes me up and i cant get back to sleep for ages then because im worrying about him!!
xx

Morning all :)

Vinniepeanut (sorry need to check your first name!) Fraser does the sleep thing, whimpers and twitches. I think they are in a deep sleep when they do that. I joke to my DH that he is dreaming about the birth lol.

Well we had a good night here, I darent get my hopes up that it will continue, but for the last 4 nights Fraser has woken around 11pm for a feed, gone down for 12ish, woken at 3.30am for a feed and woken around 6-7amish. I know as soon as I think he might be getting a little 'routine' it will all go to pot, especially with a growth spurt round the corner but just now the nights are not too bad at all. He is still taking 4 ounce a feed just now, I imagine it will jump up to 5 or so with the growth spurt.

Wohoo BnB is back! :happydance:

TMI
p.s now my iron tablets has run out - omg my poo stings!! :cry:

Ouchy Gill eat plenty of bran flakes and drink loadsa orange juice!!! That always gets me "shifting"
xx

Lucia- Edward makes loads of noise in his sleep, and same is you it wakes me up every time and then takes me ages to get back to sleep.

Went out again today. My dad bought loads of clothes for Edward, but he's outgrown tiny baby already so went into town and literally went in 2 shops just to change those clothes and buy him some stuff with a gift voucher we were given for him :) was nice getting out. I've not braved going anywhere without OH yet though and I always make sure to go out just after he's been fed and changed so he just sleeps until we get back :lol: xx

Yeah me - Shelby took a bottle of EBM just now! wohoo! I might have a chance to have a bath or do the tesco shop in peace once night so hubby can feed her!

Yay Gill :)

That is one good thing about formula, it means me and OH can share so I can shower etc xx

How is everyone today?

I'm soo tired. Sleep was something he seemed to have completely forgotten how to do last night :dohh: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->