~*~Feb Lovebugs Baby Club :)~*~

I'm not too bad. She was a bit of a pest last night but I went into the living room and she settled down really quickly and we slept on the sofa for a few hours until hubby came and got me to go back to bed.
Ive got her strapped to my chest using a pashmina just now so I can make cups of tea and toast :haha: Can't wait for my sling to arrive!!

Did your snuggle nest arrive yet? I'm still debating whether to get one.

I'm feeling really down today. I don't know if it's just normal baby blues still or maybe something more? :( I'm really struggling to come to terms with BFing not working out for us xx

Hey Ladies, Hope were all well??

just been to get harrison weighed, hes now 4 weeks and is 9lb 6, he was born at 7lb 3 so hes gaining LOADSSS!!

I've just got it this afternoon so will let you know tonight how it is. Don't be down, you tried your best and thats all you can do. Just concentrate on giving him lots of love instead!

Congrats on the weight! You've got yourself a little muncher there!

Yay for Harrison's weight gain.

Edward seems to be gaining really quickly too, he went from 5lb13 to 6lb10 by the time he was 13 days old! xx

Did your snuggle nest arrive yet? I'm still debating whether to get one.

I'm feeling really down today. I don't know if it's just normal baby blues still or maybe something more? :( I'm really struggling to come to terms with BFing not working out for us xx

Hi katy,

I remember feeling much the same when breast feeding didnt work out for me and my first. I felt i was a failure as a mum, that i hadnt tried hard enough...I really beat myself up over it. I do believe it was partly the guilt I felt that lead to me developing PND.

I would hate to see the same thing happening with yourself. I was told by a very kind health visitor, that the most important antibodies are passed over in the first few days of breastfeeding, in the colostrum. So the important part is already done. Yes its still beneficial to keep on breast feeding after that, but it gave me some comfort to know that even though I hadnt managed to breast feed for long, my baby had still gotten the best start.

Try to let any guilt go, edward is gaining weight like a trooper, there is nothing to feel guilty for xxx

Thank you :hugs: It's really getting to me, even on here when I see someone with a BFing blinkie I end up almost in tears :dohh: xx

Katy :hugs: try not to worry. Like already said Edward is gaining weight so well and he looks such a happy, content, healthy little man. Dont beat yourself up just enjoy him cuz hes gorgeous xx

If it helps any, I was exclusively pumping this time round too, not because Fraser wouldnt latch, but purely because i struggle so much with breast feeding itself and fear risking developing pnd or losing my bond with my baby from it. I stopped yesterday, so only a week of it, but it was just too much. Maybe because he is my fourth, but I dont feel guilty, i know Fraser will be fine just like my other three and that the way he is fed is not a reflection on the mother I am. Chin up xxx

Thanks guys. I really hope I can get over it soon because I don't want it to ruin my first weeks with him. I just wish I knew why he wouldn't latch xx

Katy- the other girls are completely right. Def speak to your hv if you still feel like it!

Glong- I had James weighed at 3weeks plus 4 and he was 9lb 9oz and was 7lb 1oz at birth and that's right on track, so we're both doing really well!

I am so sleep deprived! Ahhh lol hugs to all x

Morning all, hope there was some sleep gotten....my dh let me have a night off. Fraser went down at 10.30pm and didnt wake till 3.40am, had a quick feed and went down at 5.10pm until 8.20am. Husband was very pleased. I was feeling a bit blue last night and apprehensive about husband going back to work, so having the night off was just the ticket.

Fraser was weighed yesterday and is now 8lb. He was 7.7 at birth, 7.10 by day three and 8 lb by 8 days old. He had his first 5 ounce feed today, so perhaps entering his growth spurt now.

Snuggle nest is fabby! I love my snuggle nest! She loves her snuggle nest too! I can just pull down the mattress to bf her at night then pull it back up and not worry about squashing her. Its sooo great!

Think I shall be getting myself one then! Might put a wanted on here actually. Do you find there's enough space in the bed with it?

I'm so tired I can't even remember what times he woke up last night :lol: OH took him this morning though and let me sleep from 8am till noon :) still knackered though, that's pretty much all i've had for a couple of days xx

I've got a king sized bed so there is plenty of space for both of us and the nest.
The dimensions are on this site so check your bed if its a double that you've enough space but i'm sure you will.
https://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-...avel-Cots/Summer-Infant-Snuggle-Nest(0035198)

I tend to stretch out a lot as does hubby and we've both still got plenty of space. If its tight you can always make sure the nest if touching the headboard and put your pillow down a bit so you are below the nest and you'll have the leg room below the nest to use.

I wish I'd got it sooner. Its soo much better not having to worry about rolling onto her.

One tip though - I put the nest mattress into one of my pillow cases so it smelt like us and the bed, I just folded over the excess fabric underneath. She had no problems sleeping in it. I think if it wasn't for that she wouldn't stay as it doesn't smell like the bed but with it it does so defiantly do that too.

I've got the worse headache ever. Had it since last night and it won't go away :cry: although we had a lovely sleep this afternoon so I'll just struggle through the headache.

Hello girls! Katy I know how you feel, 4 hours is the most sleep I've had since hubby went away. I am still struggling to get him to sleep in the day unless we're out so I can't get anymore!

I've completely forgotten what else has been writen, I'm in such a daze!

I can't believe James is a month old tomorrow!

awww claire you'll have to go get a one month birthday cake ( and eat it all yourself of course!):haha:

Wow Claire, a month already. Time flies way too fast :(

Gill- Thanks for the tip, will try it when I get mine. We have a king size so should be fine space wise then :thumbup:

xx

ETA: Do any of you still have "baby blues"? I'm worried mine are lasting too long and possibly turning into something more :(

My blues have gone now but I did take evening primrose oil since begining of week 2 to help regulate hormones so I think that helped calm it down. If you've got any evening primrose take it, it took a couple of days to help but I could tell when it did.

I got my roobaby sling today too, I love it! Its great! Shelby falls asleep in it so I can do my washing up and make dinner. Claire, you should maybe try baby carrying - it might help him sleep a bit what with hiom being so close to you it might remind him of being in the womb? I practiced with Shelby by tying her to me with a pashmina to see if she would mind being tightly wrapped to me and she loved it.

Daddy is currently feeding Shelby a bottle of EBm and she's making a right racket :haha: I'm trying my hardest not to nag him on how to do it, its soo hard not to tell him what to do!

WARNING RANT ALERT!

f***ing mil has just rung complaining that we don't let her see shelby and that we're refusing to let her in our house. I turned her away once laszt week when fil was due to arrive from 150 miles away for his frist visit as Shelby was sleeping. She gets really disturbed with lots of visitors and our night is usual screwed when people come to visit as Shelby ends up crying half the night and being a right pest.
I knew she would be like this, when I turned her away - by saying - "sorry, i'd invite you in but Shelby is sleeping and fil is arriving any minute so don't want to wake her as she'll be stroppy tonight if she doesn't get enough sleep" - she then left dragging her feet, face turned into a frown as if i'd told her her fricking mother had died. Grrr. She really does my goat! And I know she'll be blaming me for being selfish. Also she keeps offering to babysit even though I've already explained to her a milion times that we're bfing and she won't be able to look afetr her until she weaned. I don't have enough ebm to leave her with her and I don't want a million different people feeding her as she'll end up rejecting my boob. She's my baby god damn it!
I knew fine she'd be trying to take over as she has f**k all hobbies and life, and has been waiting desperately for this baby to arrive to give her something to do. It's perfectly fair she only see's her a little bit, my own mum livers 700 miles away and has to spend a fortune to come see her and that will only be every few months as they don't have much money. God why are mil so fricking pishy! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! :devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->