February 2010 Love Bugs :)

:hi: I'm bacckk :) it went perfectly. Finally got the sands stickers to stick on my notes :) and the best part... I get 3 EXTRA SCANS :D :D :D The first extra scan is on 19 Nov, 2 days before we get married :headspin:

Heard babies heartbeat it was perfect, was moving around a lot, still cant feel it yet.

I cant believe my scan is tomorrow... oooh what will it be??

Congrats on being 18 weeks BW :D I cant believe what they did with your dress Aimee, I hope you get the compensation you deserve!!

Hope everyones ok, the weather here's ok actually really windy but sunny :D xxx

glad everything went well haley pity the first scan wasn't 2 days after the wedding that way your new name would be on the scan pic then again you've still got your other 2 for that!

Just read in my magazine:-

Births are easier and less painful for mothers if hospital beds are removed and maternity rooms are more 'chilled out' according to a canadian study. Professor Ellen Hodnett says that traditional hospital beds should be replaced with mattresses on the floor, and there should be mood lighting, relaxing music and wall pictures of peaceful scenes.

Any thoughts?

Glad everything went well hayley.

you gunna b able to get on the net tomoz.. we need to know the sex as soon as you do lol xx

Congratulations hayley! Thats fab news, glad they are giving you extra scans, that will be reassuring for you as well!

I know when I booked my private scan they are going to put babies surname on the pics and dvd which is fab!

Im not sure about matresses on the floor random, sounds a bit dirty to me! other than that the other things sounds great! Im thinking of having a water birth, at least for some of it, whats everyone else thinking? xx

I know Random thats what I thought but we're planning on having the 4d one on the 23rd so we can have a fantastic wedding present as I dont really want to go away anywhere yet and leave Alex (I still go to him everyday)

BW - I'm sure I can get on if OH will let me (its his B'Day) if not I will text Callie, I'm sure she wont mind updating :thumbup: Eeeee I'm too excited!!

Random - I'm not sure I like the idea of giving birth on a mattress on the floor :shrug: How are the midwives meant to get a good view up there, they cant bend down that far :rofl:

xxx

i want a water birth with the hypnobirthing aswell hopefully lol!

i didnt like the sound of the mattresses either how the heck are you ment to get up off them if you want to walk about but everything else sounded quite good xx

Congratulations hayley! Thats fab news, glad they are giving you extra scans, that will be reassuring for you as well!

I know when I booked my private scan they are going to put babies surname on the pics and dvd which is fab!

Im not sure about matresses on the floor random, sounds a bit dirty to me! other than that the other things sounds great! Im thinking of having a water birth, at least for some of it, whats everyone else thinking? xx

I really wanted a water birth but had pre eclampsia :( You have to have the 'perfect' pregnancy to have a waterbirth no complications whatsoever!! xxx

she keeps reminding me that if there were to b any complications then the hos im at.. is 45mins drive away...
and that if any complications do take place. least i would be in hospital and they could take care of it straight away.
I know what she is saying. but she has'nt mention the positives about having a water birth

with my last. paris was born with the cord around her neck... she came out blue.. was horrible not hearing her cry straight away :(

x

I am really worried about pre-eclamsia, my mum had it with me and we were both really poorly. The midwife said they'll keep a good eye on me. My hospital is about 35 mins away from the cottage hospital where I can have a water birth so I have been thinking the same. But from the state of that hospital I think I would rather be at the cottage one if I can and just keep all the fingers crossed!

Hayley- fab news about scan! :thumsup:
And wheather or not you reach a comp tomorrow- you better text me as soon as you are out of the room! :rofl: lol
What time is it?! :fool:

I really want a water birth, but my MW keeps putting me off te idea too! :(
She was saying there will be blood and poo in there and she certintly wont be getting in!
She was great though about if I wanted a home birth- but no, im deffo going to be at the hospital.

xxxx

she keeps reminding me that if there were to b any complications then the hos im at.. is 45mins drive away...
and that if any complications do take place. least i would be in hospital and they could take care of it straight away.
I know what she is saying. but she has'nt mention the positives about having a water birth

with my last. paris was born with the cord around her neck... she came out blue.. was horrible not hearing her cry straight away :(

x

Thats how Alex was born too :( I just remember them holding him struggling to untangle his cord :( the relief when they suddenly start crying, well alex didnt really cry, just a wimper haha xxx

Hayley- fab news about scan! :thumsup:
And wheather or not you reach a comp tomorrow- you better text me as soon as you are out of the room! :rofl: lol
What time is it?! :fool:

I really want a water birth, but my MW keeps putting me off te idea too! :(
She was saying there will be blood and poo in there and she certintly wont be getting in!
She was great though about if I wanted a home birth- but no, im deffo going to be at the hospital.

xxxx

:rofl: what a supportive midwife!! Its so different in the different areas. I dunno about everywhere else but we have 1 midwife we see at our appointments unless theyre ill or on holiday then we get a stand in person. Then when it comes to giving birth you just get whoever is on duty at the hospital!!

My scans at 10am so should be out by 10.45 :thumbup: I soooo cant wait :) I will text you straight away. I'm really unsure what I think it is now, probably girl I think.

Im watching baby programmes on home & health.. and by god im now remembering the pain... from watching these, i will be defo having the gas & air again. i managed to survive on just that last time xx

Afternoon ladies..

Aimee that's ridiculous about your wedding dress!! I would be fuming too..I would slate their name everywhere you can..these places make enough money without having to do the customers

Hayley that's fab about your extra scans!! I'm still saying boy tho :p

PC my hubby proposed at his passing out parade and it was embarassing but was really special and everyone clapped afterwards my face went bright red!!

xx

well i went to toys r us today so i could finish my xmas shopping but paul forgot the money so i couldnt get anything, it was so annoying, i saw lots of bits for Reese & Roxie though so will go back in a week or 2!!

I have been so tired today, defo having an early night tonight.

Cant believe its your scan tomorrow Hayley, its come round so quick. Hope you get some good pics :happydance:

PC my hubby proposed at his passing out parade and it was embarassing but was really special and everyone clapped afterwards my face went bright red!!

xx

OMG! thats exactly what I am going to be like! I want to let him do it how he wants to though as I think its his decision!

Who was saying about the poo in the water thing? Sorry baby brain! I asked about that as it was my main worry and she said dont worry you wont even know about it we just fish it out the water! Gross but made me feel happier about it not floating around!

Also about the midwifes, I get 1, but still havent seen her, I've seen 4 other people now! Then you get whos on duty when you give birth. But there is only 6 of them so hopefully i will of met them all by the time it happens :laugh2:

Im watching baby programmes on home & health.. and by god im now remembering the pain... from watching these, i will be defo having the gas & air again. i managed to survive on just that last time xx

I am to scared to watch those programmes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->