February 2010 Love Bugs :)

That's ok what we're here for :)

my epidural faded about 8 hours after my last top up..

I stopped bledding about 4 weeks after i had alex..everyone differs tho

I don't particularly like sex lol so was about 6 weeks after we had it

As for feeling yourself again everyone differs again..they say you get baby blues a few days after due to hormones etc but i didn't have this..

Only pain i had with csection was my end stitches..that was all..toilet i had no problem with this..if you have a natural birth and episiotomy then this will differ as you have stitches down there..

xx

Thanks BW :D

Thank you MS! :kiss:
Do you keep having epi top ups until you are fully dilated? xx

I was still bleeding badly 9 weeks after giving birth.... i was so scared of going a poo i lied to my midwife and said i had been but didnt go till a week or so later and thats only because i really needed 2 haha

waited 7 weeks till i had sex again. felt like a born again virgin

Morning everyone, read through the threads but as usual cant remember what Ive read!

What I can remember,

I am sure everything is ok Rachy, my little sis knockd my tummy all the time by accident and sometimes I do get pains, but I have a lie down and they seem to go away? Feels like its my body telling me I need to take it slower!

Also who was saying about the getting fat bit? I am hating every minute of it, it must be the worst bit about pregnancy for me, I really dont enjoy getting a bump or people commenting on my bump, but I feel guilty for admitting that as well as everyone seems to 'love' pregnancy. Hmm not me, cant wait for the end result but actually pregnancy is not for me I dont think!

I am dreading the aftermath of the birth! I am just trying to ignore it at the moment and worry about the actual birth, deal with the rest after lol. Definately not letting OH peer down there at any point otherwise I dont think I could ever let him near me again! He is going head height only hehe.

Good luck with your scan tomorrow random and let us know what they say about the cyst, hope everything is ok x

you can do yea generally they ask you if you want another top up..because i had a csection they put it in and 7 hours later i wasn't dialating and need emergency cs so they topped it up again..i think they sort of let it wear off before you get ready to push so you can feel a contraction and you know when to push..xx

Well my exp'

Went in to labour at 12am in hospital as was induced. Told bich of a midwife i was in labour, she gave me codeine! After 4 hours managed to blag her to give me Pethidine which did make me out of it but i thought it was brill and wanted more lol says it lasts 4 hours but was more like 1 hour.

Went to labour room at 7:30 had epidural which was great. Sat in bed watching telly until 5pm when i was fully dilated. Started to push and got him out at 6:15pm, I had the epidural topped up just before i was fully dilated which was a mistake as after i got Kayden out i went really poorly and was really sick and i think they topped it up too much cos i couldn't move my arms and felt like i was dying.
Couldn't move at all. Didn't hold him until the next day for the first time, i think the numbness wore off around 4 am.

I did have internal and external stitches though so i am glad really that i had the epidural as Kayden was 9lb 7oz.

That is why i am looking in to this mobile epidural, need to ask the midwife.

Oh yeah, i bled for 6 weeks exactly.

morning ladies how are we all?

ive had such a crappy weekend hurt myself in work on sat night and instead of getting sent home she made me stay until 1.30am tho she gave me the sunday off! Im getting so sick of the place! Wouldn't of hurt myself if she actually done some work i was lugging crates off glasses on and off dishwasher and started getting pains in my back and tummy grrr so annoyed you'd think her having 2 kids would know better but no!

i am not looking forward to the labour lol but theres nothing i can do about it for baby to get here i have to go through labour lol and it will all be worth it in the end up x

Hey Random,

Thats terrible! People are so unconsiderate arnt they. they're the same at my place as well, people dont get it. Good you got the day off on Sunday though xx

yeah tho i wouldn't of been going in if i was still sore anyway only another week to go then back to my usual hours and none of this extra work xx

Random! Shes so rude! Ask her to give you a risk assessment- as shes ment to by law!

So no heavy lifting or constent turning, streching etc xxx

shes just the assisstant manageress the boss is on holiday but they have known for 6 weeks now that im pg and not bothered to even look into everything that they should do! My midwife appointment that i had to take my shift off for they paid me for but as a holiday so i lost a day of my holidays! xx

I think you need to remind them that by law you are intiled to attend these appointments- while still being paid!
They have to allow you time for travel and the appointment.

Ask her to do a risk assessment, it dont matter as long as she is in a managerial position.

Dont let them put you or baby at risk! Stupid moo isnt worth it xxxx

My work havent bothered doing a risk assessment either. My work is all men and I dont think they care to be honest, they have all been treating me differently since I told them. At my midwife appointment I told her about the back pain I have been getting so she told me to get a risk assessment done. Fat chance of that! My work is sacking a lot of people at the moment and I dont want to make a nusience of my self just in case!

think i'll say tomorrow after seeing the midwife and see what she says she wont have a clue what im talking about tho!

think i should get them some leaflets or smething as they haven't bothered looking into anything at all!

xx

They have to give you a risk assesment and they need to pay for your time off for appointments and antenatal classes..i got mine at 12 weeks and i basically can't do anything but take bets lol it's in the business' best interest to do this as if you injure yourself or you and baby get hurt you would be able to sue them.

really weird just there..could feel bubs kicking me just under my ribs and pushed into my fat lol and could feel wee man kicking thought this is a bit high for him just now then felt down a bit and could feel movement so at moment he's lying vertical on my right side..really weird lol am starting to get worried now tho cuz this seems a bit advanced for only 18 weeks..to a previous discussion me and rachyl had my scan measurements were about 3 weeks on from the measurements for a 16 week old but it was babybond and she didn't mention anything about measurements..wish i had another scan at 20 weeks..hoping i'm not having a big bubba lol xx

mummysuzie im with the RAH which is in Paisley if you had chosen there think you would have been able to wouldn't you?? then you get 2 scans your 12 week and 20 week im also getting hypnobirthing with them and they have aromatherapy and massages in the midwifery unit!

you would think they would have looked into these things tho i shouldn't have to tell them as its in there interests to find out if you get me! sure the stupid moo left me the delivery to unpack with cases of miller and stuff had to get the customers to move them for me shes so inconsiderate x

Its completely different down here Mummysuzie and Random, we only get one scan and that is at 20 weeks! You wouldnt think care would be sooo different depending on where you live but it is!

Heyy girls!! I never had a risk assessment in my last pregnancy, I worked up until 4 days before having my son and told them when I was 6 weeks so they had agesss to do it, just lucky for them I never had an accident. We had to do picking tills and collection so they should have really done one!

We have just been to town and bought out little girlie quite a few bits, cant wait to get home, I'll take pictures of them all and show you :)

Hope everyones ok xxx

Cant wait to see hayley!

I am so sad, I cant wait until tomorrow to see my ticker change! I really need to get a life....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->