February 2010 Love Bugs :)

Hey all, wow that pram and stuff is great value for money!

Back from the scan and it was brill! She took her time and explained totally everything, showed us all the organs and different parts of the brain and stuff. He is defo a he as he gave a right flash of his man bits lol!
I have an anterior placenta but it is slightly covering my cervix which means if it doesn't move i will have to have a c sect. I have been booked in for a scan at 34 weeks to see if it has moved by then which they say it should have done as the uterus stretches but if it hasn't they will book me in for a section, scary!

Was out of the scan by 10am but it took till 11.10 to see the consultant. What a wait. Wayne wasn't happy after a 12 hour night shift.
We got loads of pics as she couldn't get a good one as he kept moving, also Huddersfield machines are so grainy so the pics aren't good really, not anywhere near the private scan quality.

Glad everything went well.. ah no what you mean my nhs pics i couldnt make head or tail of what, was what lol xxxx

glad everything went well with your scan! fingers crossed your placenta moves! are you going to post the pics?

is it just me or do alot of the lovebugs have funny placentas?

my scan pics from the hosp are pretty good!

BW- im not weighing myself lol i soooo dont want to know how much ive put on!

I shouldnt weigh myself.. it just depresses me, and i know full well iv put on weight.. is worrying tho if iv put on this much already.... how much bloody more will i put on..this is my last pregnancy..... and its the only time i seem to put on tons of weight so hopefully i can just deal with this weight gain.. and lose it once he is here! have said to OH soon as he is born im on a diet.. so tell people not to buy me choccies x

Thats fab news Aimee, I have a funny placenta as random put it! lol. Mines posterier but low so in the same boat as you!

All I ever fancy is junk food, although touchwood, my spots have actually cleared this week!! Could this be the glow coming at last? I doubt it I'll have a big fat one tomorrow :haha:

Feeling really down the last two days, dont know whats wrong with me, I need to shake it off, but its proving hard!

Thanks all, yeah am gonna av to put the pics on photobucket first to get them on here as my camera has too many mega pixels so wont upload on here so will do them now!

Here are the pics, the first one is my fave as he looks like a little orangutan baby lol! The second one he was curled right up and the third one was a face on view. The last one is a bit too blury to make much out!

https://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt197/Aimeekayden/SDC10944.jpg
https://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt197/Aimeekayden/SDC10946.jpg
https://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt197/Aimeekayden/SDC10948.jpg
https://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt197/Aimeekayden/SDC10950.jpg

Glad your scan went well Aimee. I have a low placenta too and mine is also getting checked at 34 weeks. Here's hoping it's moved out the way! The thought of a c section scares me! xx

aimee- its nice to see your little one again and glad he's 100% boy :winkwink: why do you have a sex ban?? (sorry for being nosey but us lovebugs like to know everything lol)

Well the scan showed that my placenta is slightly covering the cervix, placenta privea. The consultant said it should move out of the way on it's own as the uterus grows and they have booked me in for a scan at 34 weeks to check.
She said that sex can cause it to bleed even if only slightly tapping and this is not good. Not even orgasm! I will be a right grouchy bag for the rest of this pregnancy....

If the placenta doesn't move away the required amount (not sure how far) then i will need a c sect as the risk of bleeding will be very bad. Oh dear. Not too worried though as she said in most cases it moves up.
I did a web search on it and it says that a D&C can be the cause of having a low lying placenta. I had one in Feb. All the other risk factors aren't relevant to me so it must be that really.

i hope it moves for you then! i cant say i wouldn't be glad with a no sex ban its starting to really hurt me and is really uncomfortable! tho its pretty crap that you've got a ban it will only make you want it more! x

To be honest i haven't felt like it much but it is nice to have the option lol!!

true you always want what you cant have its human nature x

I thought they were going to tell me that as well, luckily they didnt. I havent had any issues I know about but its still low. I will see what they say on the 24th of October at 4d scan.

random-was the story on the news tonight about the little girl you were telling us about earlier in the week? xx

Well the scan showed that my placenta is slightly covering the cervix, placenta privea. The consultant said it should move out of the way on it's own as the uterus grows and they have booked me in for a scan at 34 weeks to check.
She said that sex can cause it to bleed even if only slightly tapping and this is not good. Not even orgasm! I will be a right grouchy bag for the rest of this pregnancy....

If the placenta doesn't move away the required amount (not sure how far) then i will need a c sect as the risk of bleeding will be very bad. Oh dear. Not too worried though as she said in most cases it moves up.
I did a web search on it and it says that a D&C can be the cause of having a low lying placenta. I had one in Feb. All the other risk factors aren't relevant to me so it must be that really.

Hey you I text you anyways, but just to add, as you know I was told I had the same thing, even if they were wrong in the end, but full low lying. You can still have sex, if it hasnt caused any bleeds yet you should be fine, but obviously not erm...well...enthusiastic sex LOL! I was told this by my consultant, but I did actually bleed after sex though it was orgasm irritating my abruption I know now. The placenta needs to be 2cm away from your cervix for them to class you as safe to have a normal birth. I was told that had I had partial placenta previa, there was a much much higher chance of it shifting out of the way with the growth of the uterus, so fingers crossed. I worried soooo much so I know how you feel, how bizarre that you should have the diagnosis too. And Nathan is a lovely name, I ran out of credit or I would have text you back lol!

I am going to try read back what I can on this thread before my library time runs out lol, its like being back at school, but for everyone due in feb, I hope everyone is well and bubs are all growing nicely!

Thanks Max, yes i aren't too worried as i know the chances that it will move are high, a little lower with it being anterior too but still high! Bet you can't wait to get your net back on, you would be able to spend a full week reading through this thread lol! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->