February 2010 Love Bugs :)

Is your friend on now NP?

If any of you want to donate clothes to me I dont mind! :haha:

oh Aimee hope you feel better soon x I am sure everything will be ok, Nathan is vey well protected in there xxx

Hey Ams,

Sorry your not feeling too great.
Are you sure its food poserning? Think OH has a bug that maybe going round at the mo xx

ive not bought anything apart from 3 outfits!! the rest of the stuff i have, ive been given!!! got none of the big stuff yet though which we will get but my mum is getting the pram for us :happydance:

hope you feel better soon aimee, make sure you keep your fluids up too :hugs:

i havent got that much yet, i have 2 drawers full of newborn stuff from Roxie so i cant really buy anymore yet, i will get some 3-6 month stuff in jan though :)

feel better soon ams xxx

when are you ladies packing your hospital bag? am gunna do mine at xmas... just incase he arrives early ( wishfull thinking ) x

BW- good question, I was wondering the same, I think i am going to pack mine in Dec sometime, just 'to be cautious' I am going away at the beginning of november, just for a weekend and there is a massieve mothercare so I am going to buy breast pads etc then and make up my hospital bag :) How many bags are you taking? Just the one or one for you and one for LO? xx

Im taking 2 this time. with P i took one big one.. and because i couldnt decide what to take... the whole bag was full of boys and girls bits.. couldnt find any of my stuff lol, im hoping i wont have to stay in the night.... thats the worst bit having to see your OH go home and your left in the hos by ya self for the night x

Yea I can imagaine, I am going to take two as well.
My mw has put down as little time as possible for me to stay after the birth.
I will ask if I can have a private room, or pay to have one on the ward.
Do you do this while your about to go in to labor lol or after baby is here? :blush: sorry lol.

of the toic but I have just ordered some colour contact lenses lol, I remember wearing these in school lol xx

Yay I just spoke to my mw and shes going to give me my Mat b1 form tomorrow as you can now get it from 20 weeks :)
And she will ahve a little listen to Max too :) x

When you did your bags, what stuff did you really need BW? And how do you choose clothes lol. If I am in overnight, I think it will be horrid, but I am sure its worse for them having to leave?

ive got a few things for my bag already like maternity pads, breast pads etc. I will pack mine near xmas i think, creeping up on us really quickly though isnt it!!

NP- thanks for that i really need to get my matB1 aswell to apply for a house

god you have all just made me realise that an actual real life sized baby has to come out of my wee wee flower thats not going to be comfortable at all!!!

what the hell goes in your hospital bag??? and what do you pack for baby???

I should get my form tomorrow hopefully! 24 week appointment tomorrow, ahhh! How scary!

me and random have decided its far to scary in 3rd tri so we're skipping it completely and staying here! Then when the baby is born we'll go to parenting!

Whos joining us? x

3rd tri is mega scary parenting forums here we come lol x

you should have a list of things you need to pack in your hospital notes???!!

i copied this from a website!!!................

You're in the final stretch, with only a few weeks to go before your due date. Now's the time to gather together all the essentials you'll need during labour and birth and for after your baby is born. Even if you're not planning a hospital birth, you may need to go in unexpectedly, so it's a good idea to have a bag packed by the time you are about 36 weeks pregnant.

Hospitals vary in their policies about what you are allowed to bring with you when you have your baby. You may want to take a few items from home, such as your own pillows, to make the environment more personal and less clinical. Check what the hospital provides and what you can bring yourself, but be aware that hospitals can be short on space. You may need to store everything in a small cabinet by your bed once you're on the postnatal ward.

If you wanted, you could pack two bags: one for labour and the hours immediately after your baby is born, and another for a stay on the postnatal ward.

If you're driving to hospital, you could leave the second bag in the car. If you have a straightforward birth, you may be discharged from hospital on the same day, so you might not need the second bag at all.

See our list below for what you'll need to take for your big day.

And we've made it easy for you to be really organised. To make sure you don’t forget anything, simply
print out our handy checklist.

What to pack for labour

•Your birth plan and maternity notes.

•Dressing gown. This will be useful if you end up pacing hospital corridors in early labour and you'll need one on the postnatal ward. Hospitals can be very warm, so a lightweight one may be better.

•Slippers

•Socks. Believe it or not, your feet can get cold during labour.

•An old nightdress or a T shirt to wear in labour. It will probably get a bit messy, so don't buy anything specially to wear in hospital.

•Massage oil or lotion if you would like to be massaged during your labour.

•Lip balm.

•Snacks and drinks for you while you are in labour. Isotonic sports drinks are good (NCCWCH 2007: 86) or bring some glucose tablets to keep you going.

•Things to help you relax or pass the time, such as books, magazines, games and so on.

•A hairband. If you have long hair, you might want it tied up.

•Pillows. The hospital might not have enough to make you really comfortable.

•TENS pain relief machine, if you are planning to use one.

•Toiletries

•Music to listen to. Take a battery-operated machine, as most hospitals won't let you plug things in. Some hospitals provide their own CD players or radios - again, check first.

For the birth partner

Advertisement

•Water spray, or a hand-held fan to keep cool down the mum-to-be while she's in labour.

•Comfortable shoes. You may be pacing the corridors!

•A change of clothes

•Watch with a second hand, to time contractions.

•Swimwear, if you want to join the mum-to-be in a birth pool.

•Digital camera or camcorder. If you want to bring a camcorder, check with the hospital beforehand, because not all of them allow them in delivery rooms.

•Address book or a list of phone numbers. You and your partner will be able to use a mobile phone in parts of the hospital, but bring lots of change or a prepaid phone card just in case, for all the calls you may want to make.

•Snacks and drinks. You don't want a dehydrated, hungry birth partner looking after you and if you take some with you, they can stay with you rather than leaving the room to search for food!

For after the birth

•A going-home outfit. You'll need loose comfortable clothes to wear while you're in hospital and for the journey home. It will take a while for your tummy to go down, so you'll be still wearing maternity clothes when you come home - sorry!

•Nursing bras. Take two or three.

•Breast pads

•Maternity pads. Bring a couple of packs.

•Nightshirt or T-shirt. Front-opening shirts are useful in the early days of breastfeeding.

•Toiletries

•Towels, hairbrush, toothbrush and toothpaste.

•Old or cheap knickers, or disposable knickers. Don't bring your best ones as they will get messy. If you end up having a caesarean, the NCT sells brilliant stretchy knickers that are comfortable to wear over your scar.

•Arnica tablets to help with bruising after the birth. Although there's no conclusive evidence that they work (NHS 2007), many women report that taking arnica helps reduce bruising and helps the healing process.

•Ear plugs, in case you end up on a noisy ward!

For your baby

•An infant car seat. Some hospitals won't let you leave by car without one.

•One outfit for the trip home (all-in-one stretchy outfits are easiest).

•Two or three sleepsuits and vests for baby to wear while you are in hospital.

•Baby blanket. Take a warm one if the weather is cold.

•Nappies

•One pair of socks or booties.

•Hat

•Jacket or snowsuit for winter babies.

•Muslin squares

Once you've got your hospital bag organised, remind yourself of the first signs of labour so you know when it's the real thing!

oh my god!!!!! are you being serious i'll need a bloody suitcase thats alot of stuff i have to take oh god a babys going to come out my nannie and need me and im going to be a mum oh god oh god im now totally freaking out oh god what if i forget something or do something wrong or dont take something i need for the baby!

ignore all of that i had to rant!!!!

Lol random I feel the same!

I am going to need a suitcase LOL, might go to the market and get a big cheap one xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->