February 2010 Love Bugs :)

I am taking Kayden trick or treating on halloween, he keeps asking for a glow in the dark skeleton costume so i need to get that this week.

I was just reading another thread about breast feeding. Who is going to do it and how do you feel about doing it in public? I did it for a bit last time and will this time but i didn't do it in public as i felt very uncomfortable which i didn't think i would.
My MIL came yesterday and she was trying to talk me out of doing it!! She said she never did any of hers and doesn't see the point. I do see the point at first when they are getting the good stuff so i told her i will be doing it for a month or so providing i can.

i havent breast fed before, mainly because of an operation i had when i was younger. I am not sure if i will try this time, dont know if i want to or not :shrug:

My scan is on saturday! Bring it on!

I am going to breastfeed, I am really lucky that OH, Mother and MIL all want me to do it, and obviously I want to so hopefully I should get support. Both my mum and MIL didnt do it all that long ago, we both have 3 year old sisters, so they will be great for getting help! I am not sure about breast feeding in public I will have to see how I feel. I wouldnt think anything of doing it somewhere where there is lots of mums but not sure about general public! Although if its between my baby getting fed or not I know which I will chose lol!

Im going to breast feed as well, well thats my intention. OH is all for it too.
I want to get one of those cover slings from mothercare though, I think it will make me feel less concious when out in public, incase I need to breast feed.
When I told a friend I would bf in public, she looked horrified!
I think I am only going to bf for about 2-3 months at the most though, as I want no leakage or milk smell breasts for my wedding in the oct lol.
Plus I think after that time, it will be nice for oh to bottle feed baby for a little while before i wean him.

I had a dream last night that i was breast feeding him though, but no milk was coming out!
I think its from when my friend said she couldnt produce enough milk and so couldnt bf, and she got really down and depressed aobut it, so she told me not to put too much pressure on myself to bf, so thats how im trying to think xxx

It seems my DH's family are against it for some reason but i don't know why. I know hubby wants to help with the feeds so i see that point but why his mum is against it im not sure. I think i might just express in to bottles or do bottle and breast for a while. I will do at least 2 weeks feeding my self though.

My friend breast fed her little girl for 18 months as she couldn't take a bottle. She didn't breast feed this time incase the same thing happened, she got really depressed last time as she couldn't go out an have a drink and she was really tied down.

No way I am breast feeding for 18 months! I will try for three lol, thats what I am aiming myself for!

You can always combination between both formula and breast if you dont produce enough, a lot of women do that? Better than not at all.

NP I bought sling on sunday at the show, its a brilliant one, I looked round all the places and that was the best by far, it costs me £30 I'll try and find out who it was from, I cant remember off the top of my head!

Still undecided about whether to breastfeed, Paris didnt take it to at all, and it was painfull.

Well i wasnt sure if i was having my 4D scan to early.. but when i rang up to make the appointment he told me. 26 weeks i will still get some lovely pics, but it seems a lot wait till 28 weeks? dont think i could wait much longer lol

x

I was told 26 weeks was the optimum because the baby still has room to move around and get lovely pics xx

Iv seen some lovely pics when people have had there scans done at 24/25 weeks.... cant believe tho after the 4d scan thats the last time ill get to see him till he is here x

Cor thats a scary thought! I have one at 36 weeks to check placenta, and hopefully I will have my married name by then so will try get a piccie with my married name on if I can! hehe

How you finding the wedding planning Claire? id be pulling my hair out by now with all the stress lol x

Ok now I have sorted the venue thanks BW! I am sure there will be something else soon to stress me out! Its keeping my mind off OH being away which is good, something to concentrate on, finding it really hard now I am getting bigger him being away, but hopefully will be better once I am on Mat leave and not out of the house most of the day.

Thanks PC that would be great :)

Aimee- my intention was to express but now im going to try and bf, maybe for a couple of months, then express? but i think whats the point of spending £80 on a pump if il only use it for a couple of months :shrug:

BW- love the new halloween piccy of Paris :D xxx

Oh and still no movements!
Im going to see the mw at the drop in clinic next tues eve if still nothing, il be 23+6 then so im sure they will scan me or something? xx

I couldn't express with Kayden, he could feed but i couldn't get it to come out lol! So i switched him on to the bottle as he was so hungry, in between i did a both.
My friend got a breast pump for £25. Maybe the more expensive ones are better. The one i couldn't do was an avant hand pump thing.

I think they will scan you if you still feeling nothing.

Morning ladies..

Ooo can't wait to see your piccies ladies..am still working on hubby..think he's gonna get one for my christmas :)

Halloween is a toughy in my house..Alex is terrified of everything. He doesn't like people with painted faces, doesn't like santa never has. We were in Asda the other day and he picked out a transformer outfit so a walk in the right direction lol I get a little sad at christmas cuz everyones kids go to see santa etc and Alex is terrified..this is his 4th christmas and every year has screamed his head off. He likes the idea of santa but won't sit on his lap so might try again this year and see how it goes fingers crossed lol

My consultant appointment for my section is booked for january 8th cuz wasn't sure if i was gonna have a section or vbac but cuz of spd etc have decided to have a section. So was thinking 2 weeks isn't enough to get mil to get holidays organised etc so have called to change it and it's changed to 4th of december so will hopefully have my date for my section before christmas wooo hooo and i get a scan..made my day that lol

How was everyone's weekend? mine was quite quiet..just worked. Going to see mmy aunt and cousins tomorrow and do a big shop at asda tomorrow night..might try and do a bit of christmas shopping too to get it out the way xx

Oo about the breastfeeding did it with alex for a few days but changed to bottles before i left hospital but gonna try for 6 months with Kellan. I bought an avent electric pump so going to express sometimes so daddy can get up through the night and so i can have a few nights out xx

hello ladies

i bow down to all of you who are breastfeeding for some reason i just cant do it i dont know what it is but everytime i get asked if im going to NO! comes out my mouth before ive even thought it lol!

MS- are you going to the linwood one for your shop you know its soooooooooo much better than govan lol

ive got my 20week scan 2mz and this is the last time im going to see my little man as OH is freaked out by 3d/4d scans :growlmad:

Oooh MS cant wait until you have a date!

LOL bless him! I was in asda last year and I remember there was this baby, prob about 10 months and was there in the trolley with his mum & her mate and his mum put this scary mask on and just turned and made a frighting noise LOL poor kid! Started crying in histerics :rofl: :rofl: It was so funny!

And last night we had teh washing dryer line holder thingy lol sorry in the lounge and our little dog went underneath it to get his toy, he looked a bit wary to go and get it and as he went in, LOL, OH did a really loud barking noise lol and our poor dog, lol im laughing thinking about it, his head went one way, his a*s another lololol it was SO SO funny lol :rofl:

xxx

Hahaha NP..that's a wee shame lol

Hubby is going to the rangers game so just gonna park there and do my shopping while he's watching them lose :p i like the linwood alot better but means we can get back for last ferry at 10:30 xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->