February 2010 Love Bugs :)

Leelee- hun, did you complain?!
I would of! Or asked for another sonogramist?
xxxx

I was just so upset and angry that I just walked out of the hospital and got on the first train out of there.

I was meant to be ringing all of my friends last night but went to bed early as I was in such a disappointed mood. I feel I should wait for the results before telling anyone. I'm just so glad the experience last week was better.

They certainly know how to make you feel like s***. He told me nothing. Do most of them not give you some sort of measurements?

:hugs: bless you I really hope you get a much better person at your 20 week scan. We got told the NT measurement and CRL measurement, but I could also see the measurements as I saw her doing them, she turned the screen to me which the lady at my 12 week scan with Alex didnt, I saw him for about 2 mins!!

xxx

i had cravings for sausAge, chips and curry sauce from the chippy yesterday- so i got it :happydance: it was yum!

I would defiately complain too, its really unfair to be treated like that... stupid people. I had a really really nice lady this time, I really hope I get her at 20 weeks, she even spent time getting decent pics for us :)

They cant make you have an amnio... dont let them persuade you, you have both already decided you dont want one so thats that!!

I know my scans 7 weeks today, ok that sounds ages away. I dont care :)

ok random, that really is a random dream!! lol.

xxx

Thanks Hayley,

I think I will talk to my midwife about this next week as she is lovely and ask her if they usually give measurements or at least try to reassure the parents to be. He just kept telling me to stop breathing and freaked me out.

:cry: and you didnt even share... I want that now... yummmm :)

Im going to have some fishcakes with vinegar now, I'm starving!! xxx

leelee sorry you had a bad experience. my sonographer couldnt have been more lovely :hugs:

Leelee- hun, did you complain?!
I would of! Or asked for another sonogramist?
xxxx

I was just so upset and angry that I just walked out of the hospital and got on the first train out of there.

I was meant to be ringing all of my friends last night but went to bed early as I was in such a disappointed mood. I feel I should wait for the results before telling anyone. I'm just so glad the experience last week was better.

They certainly know how to make you feel like s***. He told me nothing. Do most of them not give you some sort of measurements?

:hugs: bless you I really hope you get a much better person at your 20 week scan. We got told the NT measurement and CRL measurement, but I could also see the measurements as I saw her doing them, she turned the screen to me which the lady at my 12 week scan with Alex didnt, I saw him for about 2 mins!!

xxx

Yeah, I thought they should have given them measurements to me. I might ask in 2nd tri do they usually give them. I think it is a disgrace to make a woman feel so bad after coming out of her scan.

:lol: well theres always one i guess

Yeah but there shouldn't be one like that. That means every woman that goes to him experiences the same thing as I did. It is meant to be a lovely experience, not where you come out feeling more nervous than you did coming in :(

maybe you should report him?

Yeah am seriously considering it but will discuss with the midwife before as I could be reporting something that is accepted as the norm. Have an awful feeling that they are allowed to carry on like that.

Anyway keep your fingers crossed that I don't get any phonecalls today or tomorrow.

Wow alot has happened in an hour lol..

Beautywithin- sorry to hear about your scan..mine was the same..why i'm having mine at a different hospital..

My gender scan is in 11 days!!! woop woop..right what does everyone think they are havin?

Me- hoping a girl but have a feeling a boy..only symptom is sore boobs and craving salt and vinegar crisps and irn bru

Hayley-i say boy..don't know why just have a feeling

Beautywithin- i say boy xx

repost your scan piccie and a bump piccie and I'll make my guess :D xxx

Hi Beauty Within,

I had a very similar scan experience yesterday :(

We went in and sonographer did an abdominal and internal scan but the baby wouldn't budge for him to take measurements so we were sent away for me to eat chocolate and sweet things.

We were called back in an hour and a half later and he muttered 'This is worse than before' but it musn't have been as he took measurements. He did what he had to do and didn't point out anything to us. He had said earlier that the heartbeat was 'fine'. He told us that the system was down (you usually get the results immediately) & we would get a phone call today or tomorrow (if the risks are high) and a letter if they were low.

I left feeling so deflated and he gave us a photo that you can't see a thing. Luckily we had a scan last week and the sonographer told us everything was as it should be or we would have been totally freaked out.

Sorry for the rant but he made me feel rubbish. I have decided I am getting a private scan. I would like someone to spend a bit of time with OH and I showing us the baby and not being silent and frightening us.

Thats terrible they are bloody arseholes. i would rather find the cash somehow and go for private scans.. then be left feeling annoyed and angry by the NHS ones x

im still waiting for my letter re 20 (19 week in my case) scan letter. i wanna know so i can get exicted!!!!

I just got back from the hospital, I had a glucose tolerance test. I have GD for the third time and given I'm only 14w+3d it's pretty severe. Doc said that looking at my fasting glucose I'm a borderline diabetic and I'd get type II diabetes later in life, 99% for sure. He gave me until after the weekend to try and lower my levels with diet, but I don't think I can, so I´ll probably have to shoot insulin next week :'(

God ive missed loads and only been gone an hour!

thats me in work stuck here until 6 but ive got cake and fruit pastille ice lollies :happydance: and some irn bru (the good scottish stuff)

oh yeah visiting my wee cousin 2night and her friend a hairdresser is going to do my hair for me thank god is been depressing me because my roots are terrible but i know theres no way i could sit in a hairdressers for 3hours without feeling sick or having to pee bout 80 times lol

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->