February 2013 babies

Hi Loompylooloo and SarahSausage!
Would everyone like me to put an estimated due date in the 1st post for quick reference? Anything else: age, # of current children, etc?

Hi Seity, think my due date is going to be around the 16th. May change after dating scan but can use this date as an idea. I have DD 12, DD10, and DS 3.

Hi SarahSausage,

I am also 40 in Oct! Hopefully you didn't get Halloween for your birthday like I did! My DH is also 40 this year and we were going to have a big party. Think my due date is around the 16th. How similar!

How spooky! I'm Halloween too!! Not sure what my plans will be now as I'll have a big bump!
Lol.

Hi everyone,

Im due Feb 11th, based on lmp,but apart from sore boobs I dont really have any symptoms. I have a 6 yr old boy and i remember feeling really sick when i was preg with him. Im a little cautious as i had a miscarriage about 2 years ago at 12 weeks. Fingers crossed this baby will stay. How are the rest of you feeling? Any symptoms, etc?

My breasts are a little tender and feel fuller and I get bloated in the evening; otherwise, I feel great. I didn't really have much in the way of symptoms the first time either. Just some bloating and extreme hunger in the first trimester. So far, this pregnancy is similar to that one, except with tender breasts and the occasional abdominal twinge added in. I seem to recall the hunger didn't start until 6 weeks, so I'm not worried that I haven't had that yet.

I have felt a little nauseous but nothing too bad. I suffered with hyperemesis (severe sickness) with all 3 of my other pregnancies and had to take lots of medication and was hospitalised with 2 of them. It usually starts around 7 weeks so am waiting for that joy. At the mo I feel great but a little tired.
Glad you are all feeling ok.
Thanks for the dd list!
C
:thumbup:

oh loompy i hope it's different this time. oh the bloating and heavy/senditive boobs are in full swing here. Today is monumental as my las 2 pregnancies ended on this very day, but this time I'm 5 weeks and haven't had any cramps. Was supposed to get a 6 week scan but they called me in super early. So I had an ultrasound a few days ago. Not much to see yet but it was reassuring to know a sac has developed.

Hope everyone has a great week.

Hi SarahSausage,

I am also 40 in Oct! Hopefully you didn't get Halloween for your birthday like I did! My DH is also 40 this year and we were going to have a big party. Think my due date is around the 16th. How similar!

How spooky! I'm Halloween too!! Not sure what my plans will be now as I'll have a big bump!
Lol.

That is so weird! Do you think you will get an early scan? I usually do as I have very irregular cycles so they need to date me. Would be even weirder if they gave us the same due date. Keep us posted!

Don't think I'll get an early scan. Under what circumstances can you get an early one?

I get an 8 week dating scan, so they can be certain to schedule my NT scan in the correct time frame.
If you've ever had a miscarriage, they generally schedule an early scan (I haven't).
I think they do early scans for those who do ivf or iui too.
Not sure about other reasons other than emergency ones when a problem is suspected because of severe cramping or bleeding.

Ah-my hospital don't offer NT scans. We have to pay privately & go to a different clinic for one.
I'm not in a high risk group for anything that I'm aware of, at least I wasn't with my previous 2 pregnancies.

If you're over 35, you qualify for the NT scan here.

Ah-my hospital don't offer NT scans. We have to pay privately & go to a different clinic for one.
I'm not in a high risk group for anything that I'm aware of, at least I wasn't with my previous 2 pregnancies.

Hi, not sure what country your in but I'm in the U.K and they offer the NT scan as a general rule. This is especially for women over 35 and Seitys right, you need to get the right time frame for the scan. If your absolutely sure of your dates and have a 'normal' cycle maybe this is why you've never been offered an early scan. I had an iui baby first and clinic wanted to check how many babies there were before they discharged me, after that my other two were from the most irregular cycles and I really didn't have a clue! If I had gone on my LMP with my second I would have been 3 months further along than I was! I'm seeing my doctor tomorrow to get my midwife referral so we will see what happens. Have you seen anyone yet?

Hi Ladies,

I am currently feeling absolutely great. I need to pee more which is annoying me already! Sickness usually kicks in at 6 weeks for me and each pregnancy has got worse so I am dreading it. Plus point is that my skin has gone really baby soft, even my hubby noticed it. Minus point is that my hair has gone really greasy and I have to wash every day otherwise it looks like you could fry and egg on it, lol! Had abit of cramping for a few days but that seems to have gone too. I know it's early days but anyone thought whether they are going to find out the sex of the baby? I had a surprise with my first, found out with my other 2 and quite like the idea of a surprise this time as this will be my last. Think DH wants to find out. Any thoughts anyone?

I'd never be able to wait. It's just as much of a surprise at 20 weeks as at 40 and I like to plan. The labor is enough of a surprise for me and there's no way in heck we'd manage to come up with a boy and a girl name we agreed on.

I'm in the UK too but my hospital don't offer
Nuchal scan-just 16 week blood test. I was 38 with my last baby & didn't get an early scan & I had to pay for nuchal. I'm presuming it'll be the same this time round but guess I'll find out when I see my doctor in 2 weeks. I haven't seen anyone yet.

I am so surprised! I had a nuchal offered with every pregnancy, so just presumed it was the norm. Cant believe that they dont offer such an important scan at every hospital with an antenatal unit on the N.H.S. I moved last year so have a different G.P & hospital this time but checked online and they do do it.

Seity I totally get where your coming from. We didn't name our son for 6 weeks after he was born because we couldn't agree, and we found out at the 20 week scan, lol. If I am having another boy we are going to struggle, so maybe I should find out. Also I love clothes shopping for the baby so would be a nightmare not to be able to buy things I like. Just like the idea of a surprise this time, am confused!

Hi Ladies... can I join?

I'm being cautiously optimistic... after 7 years of trying and 3 miscarriages under my belt (hence, the caution *sigh*), I got a + HPT on Sunday. Based on LMP, I'll be 4w tomorrow and due Feb 20th. I'll be 38 in August... if I'm counting right, just shy of a week after starting T2.

We have twins in the family (fraternal... so there's the possibility of heredity... and back when I was charting, several charts suggested double ovulation, so who knows... we may get a bonus baby to offset how long we've had to wait). Here 'triple-screen' testing (NT + some other stuff) is pretty much standard, and pretty much non-negotiable for over 35s...

For those of you doing NT scan... if it shows anything 'abnormal', will you be proceeding with amnio? I'm torn, both because there's no way in hell I'd terminate (not after all we've been through to get here), and because of the increased risk of m/c (slim as it may be, I'm paranoid I guess)

Hi ladies,

Mind if I join you?

I am very cautiously pregnant after ttc for 42 mths and 2 losses. We had actually stopped trying and I was due to start bc again. We only bd'd once as other half works away and was only home for a flying visit.

I'm 41 and so is my OH, I have a 12 d/s and this will be our first together. I'm due on Feb 1st and i had a reassurance scan today......saw our little bean and his/hers heart beating away!

I am elated and I'm just praying this little bean sticks xxx

Good luck to all you ladies :kiss:

Hi Darklady big congratulations to you:happydance: personally Alarm bells would ring if my Nuchal & bloods suggested a high chance of abnormality as with my other pregnancies my odds came out very low. Not sure what I would do though. Oh and twins would be fantastic, keep us posted.

Hi oorweeistyin big congratulations to you too:happydance: it's lovely when you see that little bean

Poasfiend, hope the dreaded day passed uneventfully for you.

Wishing sticky, sticky beans all round xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"