February 2013 babies

Morning ladies,

Hope you are all good and feeling well.

Looking through this site I have come across the Chinese gender prediction calendar. Alot of ladies seem to use it. I wondered if any of you have used this and it was correct. I have just used it and it's predicting a girl for me! Do any of you fancy doing it for fun, then we can see how accurate it is.

It was wrong for me with my son. He's definitely not a girl.

It's saying 'boy' for me... but timing and fertility challenges suggest it's much more likely a girl. Hopefully we'll get to find out!

Ugh, this gas is so severe I can't eat! -- Thank god I have my own office...

Bumpity, it was right with all of my surviving 5 kids. It says this one is a boy. My DS (17) wanted me to do the needle on a thread trick to predict if it was a boy or girl and it seems to have me birthing quadruplets, 1 g and 3 b's LMAO. I don't know if that needle on a thread thing takes into account lost babies or not too otherwise it's quintuplets teeheehee. I told DH -who wants a boy- that I don't care what it is as long as it's alive :). the boys of the house want a boy, the girls want a girl. I just want to bring it home!

The moon phase thing was right for me for when the baby would be born. Pretty much all the old wives tales, etc were wrong. My husband was born 3 days after a full moon and so was my son. Theory is that means if the labor is natural, this one will also be born 3 days after a full moon.

Darklady & perpetual,

Thanks for taking time to do the prediction calendar. Wow perpetual that's amazing! 5 right so far. There's a lady on another post that it has predicted all 8 of her's correctly, so thats what got me thinking it would be fun for us to see.

Wishing you both very sticky beans xxx

Darklady & perpetual,

Thanks for taking time to do the prediction calendar. Wow perpetual that's amazing! 5 right so far. There's a lady on another post that it has predicted all 8 of her's correctly, so thats what got me thinking it would be fun for us to see.

Wishing you both very sticky beans xxx

It's got a 50/50 chance of being right. Maybe I'm just lucky with the odds hahaha, unless some ancient chinese calendar governs my DH's sperm :rofl:

It is fun though and will be interesting to see what everyone has. I hope to find out what it is at my level 2 u/s. I never found out with the first 4, but seeing as I gave away EVERYTHING after my loss I will want to know which friend or family member to hit up for baby stuff (My Goddaughter will be almost one when this one arrives so lots of girl stuff there, and my nephew was born right about the time this one was conceived, so I might just get lucky!) I'm glad I saved all the maternity stuff "Just in case", at least I don't have to spend hundreds like I did last time!

Seity...please change my due date to Feb 15, that's what my doc said. Of course, not too happy with her right now since she failed to call in the prescription for prenatal vitamins with the proper folic acid levels for "women over 35" and I've gone in twice since Thursday.
My doc told me I should be getting 4 mg of folic acid because the risk or neural tube defects increase with maternal age. Regular prenatals have only 800 mcg. Anybody ever hear of such a high dose being prescribed?

Perpetual,

Sorry cant give you advice on the folic acid issue. We seem to have a different amount in our prenatal vitamins, a standard 400 mcg. From what i can gather we are advised to take a higher amount (600-800mcg ) if there is a history of neural tube defects. I am 40 in Oct and haven't been told by my doctor to take a higher amount because of my age. It's funny how different countries have different guidelines!

Oh forgot to mention,

I have a scan booked for the 3rd July. I will be 7 weeks and it is my DH's 40th birthday that day! Have decided to pay privately to have it done as have loads of friends visiting the following weekend and we are all going out for dinner and drinks, not me obviously! But if everything is ok we will tell them as otherwise they will find it very odd me not drinking alcohol. I could try to tell a lie but they know me too well!

I got a prenatal with 1mg. I've never heard of needing 5mg just for being older. I only took OTC stuff with 800mcg last pregnancy and I was 36. :shrug:

Oh forgot to mention,

I have a scan booked for the 3rd July. I will be 7 weeks and it is my DH's 40th birthday that day! Have decided to pay privately to have it done as have loads of friends visiting the following weekend and we are all going out for dinner and drinks, not me obviously! But if everything is ok we will tell them as otherwise they will find it very odd me not drinking alcohol. I could try to tell a lie but they know me too well!

yay! early scan!
Going to my dad's 4th of July, hoping nobody thinks it odd that I refuse alcohol. Although I changed my way of eating last August and have since become less tolerant to alcohol anyway, so they'll probably attribute it to that I hope!

I thought it was odd that she recommended more than one mg, but I'm taking my regular daily multiple as well as a folic acid supplement which brings me to 1 mg. I eat another several hundred every day in the foods I eat. The doctor said our bodies only absorb about 60 % of what we take in. First I've ever heard about high doses.

We have a big post season hockey party (my OH and I play) next Saturday. I plan to bring some root beer and put a beer cozy on it, so nobody knows I'm not drinking beer. Us hockey players are all big beer drinkers, so it would look odd if I wasn't drinking.

We have a big post season hockey party (my OH and I play) next Saturday. I plan to bring some root beer and put a beer cozy on it, so nobody knows I'm not drinking beer. Us hockey players are all big beer drinkers, so it would look odd if I wasn't drinking.

so you'll be drinking (root)"beer"....good choice of sodas lmao

Yup, the local brewery actually makes a really good rootbeer and ginger beer.

Is everyone taking prenatal vitamins as well as folic acid? I have chosen not to due to sickness and my Dr seemed ok with that. I feel so nauseous most of the time and the meds I am taking are making me soooooo sleepy! I can only eat rubbish at the moment and would love to eat healthy greenery but can't quite manage it yet! Stodge, stodge and more stodge and chocolate for breakfast!
How are you all feeling? Well I hope. I have had 2 hospital appts come through and I have no idea what they are for.....any help gratefully appreciated. 30 June is an outpatient referral midwife episode appt which I am guessing is a booking appt. the second is an Outpatient referral Obstetrics on 2 August. I am assuming that is not a scan as it doesn't say it is but I will be 13 weeks by then. Anyway, if anyone has an idea please share!
Hope all of you are happy and feeling healthy!
C

Hi there. I'm new here and expecting my little one on 10 February. I'm 41, and this one was a complete surprise so I'm freaking out ever so slightly

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->