February 2013 babies

I'd like to join you ladies. I'm 39, 40 in November and cautiously 5 weeks pregnant today, due on Feb 12th. After 3 failed IUI attempts, and a doctor who told us that due to my age I will not get pregnant and if I do it will end in miscarriage, here I am naturally pregnant the month after our last IUI hoping and praying that this is a healthy, sticky bean.

Congrats to all you ladies here. Let us all have sticky beans please!

Congrats Casper72! Sticky :dust: for you.

Congrats Casper72. I'm 39 too, 40 in October. I'm a week behind you though-just 4 weeks. Wishing you a healthy & happy full term pregnancy!

It's always just a little sad when I finish the last of my morning coffee. :cry:
I have to wait a whole day before my next cup. *sigh*

Well saw doctor today, she was lovely. Did say I would be classed as an older mother and would be looked after more closely. She said bonus is that I will get more scans, yay! Had heartburn all day today, hope not due to pregnancy already!

Hello and congrats to the new ladies x

Sarah-thanks and same to you. H&H 9 months. I'm hoping that since I will have a c-cection again I will get to go earlier than my due date. We'll see.

Bumpity-Good for you having a doc who recognizes that you are of 'advanced maternal age' (sorry, I hate using that term) and they will keep a closer eye on you duriing your pregnancy. I was hoping for the same, but my OB won't see me until week 10. So my first appt is scheduled for July 18th and they will do an ultrasound at that time.

Hey ladies!!!
Welcome to all the new members - so nice to meet you all!!! I wish you all a healthy and happy pregnancy!!!
I am feeling very nauseous again today! I had to take 3 metacloperamide yesterday and 1 so far today. I am also SO tired and have managed to do nothing apart form drag 3 little horrors round the supermarket this afternoon which was not fun!
Anyway.....looking forard to bedtime!!!
C

That's great news Bumpity! Did this happen with your last pregnancy too? I'd love extra scans lol. I'd really like an early one just to set my mind at ease.

Thanks Sarahsausage,

I was 35 when I had my DS and I didn't get treated any differently then. I only had the early scan for dates. The extra few years obviously make a difference,lol. Im not sure exactly what it entails, hopefully midwife will enlighten me when I see her. I hope you get the extra treatment as I do think it's nice being able to have an extra scan or two, just for reassurance and to say hello! You were 38 with your last, did you have extra appointments if not scans?

Thanks casper72,

My doctor did call me 'older' apologetically! She is of a similar age so think she understood. Let us know how your US goes, it seems so far away but hopefully time will fly.

I was 35/36 with my first and classified as 'older', but I didn't feel like I got any extra or different treatment than if I'd been younger. I don't really expect it'll be any different this time either even being 3 years older. I guess because I had such a healthy, easy pregnancy they didn't need to monitor me any more. I'm expecting the same this time around.
I suppose technically I get the 12 week NT scan as an 'extra' scan.

Can I join you all? I'm 41, will be 42 in October, and got a VERY unexpected BFP on June 8. I think I'm due around Feb 16th, but all these due date calculators say Feb 13th. Just hoping this one sticks around for 40 weeks regardless of when that 40 weeks ends :).
I have 5 children ages 21, 19, 17, 14, and 5. I lost one almost 4 years ago. I never even doubted I would carry number 6 to term so was completely wrecked when I lost "her" at 7-8 weeks. I'm currently obsessed and terrified of another loss. Trying to stay optimistic, and the forums help :).
Congrats to all of you, and hopefully we can travel this journey together!!

BTW, I called my doctor's office and called MYSELF a "geriatric OB patient". :winkwink: and I don't even care! My main worries are increased risk of loss, still birth, and Downes syndrome. I will get a level 2 u/s around 16 weeks I think. My first doc appt isn't until the 13th of July! I'll be around 9 weeks then. I'm not sure if an early scan would be reassuring or not since I saw a heartbeat the last time and started to bleed 3 days later. I just keep telling myself this time that I'll take it one day at a time and see where it leads. Lots will change if this one comes home in February!

Hi PerpetualMama. Welcome to the group. My due date based on LMP would be the 13th, but I know exactly when I OV'd, so I use that date.
Wow 5 kids! I was one of 5 and I have no idea how my parents did it. If this little surprise hadn't come along, I'd have been quite happy with only the one little terror in my life.
Here's hoping your latest surprise is a sticky little BFP.
BTW - My husband has some cousins who live in Newport, RI!

I'm praying for that too! I don't think I could handle another loss :/. I have to stay positive! I'm doing everything I can to give lil one a good start. Gave up coffee completely *gasp*, no junk food, drinking plenty of water, and so on. Hoping extra efforts help!!

Wow, good for you! I don't give up anything except alcohol and that's only until I'm out of the 1st tri. The best part of my day is my 1 cup of coffee in the morning.

Wow, good for you! I don't give up anything except alcohol and that's only until I'm out of the 1st tri. The best part of my day is my 1 cup of coffee in the morning.

I LOVE MY COFFEE!!! I MISS my coffee! I'm just so paranoid right now. I don't know why I had the mmc, so I will give up anything I have heard could have some effect on the baby. I think I'm dragging @$$ for lack of caffiene :wacko:

Hi Bumpity - I didn't get anything extra because of my age but I took a rash-pityriasis rosea-and went back to my gp twice to tell her I found research saying it could affect my baby so she referred me onto a consultant rather than the midwives I'd been seeing. From then I saw a consultant each time & got a scan each time but no extra appointments.

Hi Sarahsausage

I hope everything was ok for you in the end. I wonder if they will treat you differently this time as you will be 40 by the time you deliver. Let me know what they say. I have a friend who had a baby last year at the age of 45 & she is at the same doctors as me, so same midwife and was supposed to have her baby at the same hospital, ( she didn't, long story). Shes on holiday till tomorrow but will ask her how different, if at all her treatment was.

Hi PerpetualMama and welcome! I am sending you big sticky vibes for baby number six! How exciting!

Hi PerpetualMama and welcome! I am sending you big sticky vibes for baby number six! How exciting!

Thank you Loopylooloo! Very exciting indeed. I've been walking around with the phrase "sticky beans" in my head all day yesterday! :haha:

Good morning ladies! I hope you are all doing wonderfully this morning and feeling however it is you hope to be feeling :winkwink:...have a beautiful day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->