February 2013 Love Bugs

Lol I had to tell my colleagues earlier than I.wanted coz they all thought I was hungover for 3 weeks. I'm not in the us I'm in Ireland, the north so classed as UK and have nhs, so I've seen gp and a midwife already and awaiting a scan date. Should have a scan at 10weeks apparently. I also have been testing like a mad woman, seeing the lines darken on the ics is a lovely reassuring sight, isn't it? I haven't tested in a
week now though.

I am in Northern Ireland too, when I called my GP they didnt even want to see me, all I have done is spoken to the midwife on the phone at 5 weeks and then got a letter.

I have my booking in appt on wednesday when ill be 10 weeks and 3 days so I should know more then although from yesterday Ive been having brown spotting (only a tiny bit) with light cramps, im hoping that it is just from things stretching to make room. I cant even phone anyone because my doctors dont accept calls during the day except for emergencies (life or death) and I dont have details for my midwife as the one that I spoke to was in a different hospital to the one that I am going to.

I hope that everyone is feeling ok today.

I saw my gp at 5 weeks, he did bp, weight checks, check what antenatals I was taking asked about general health and referred me to midwife. I seen her the following week. She took urine sample and discussed issues, questions and queries with me. And asked me a few questions, like what hospital I want to give birth in and told me how it all works.
Got a letter through the post this morning which hubby has told me over the phone that I have a scan on 30th July ill be 11 weeks and then another appointment on 15th august which I don't understand what for, so ill have to wait till I get home to have a look. But so far they have been attentive and supportive. This is my 1st with no mc or previous problems and I'm 27 and in good health. So no reason for special treatment. :shrug: I'm south Antrim trust.
Sucks that they aren't supporting you much hun, where abouts are you? Could it just be
postcodes? You doctors surgery doesn't sound to approachable either.
Oh, and I have a number for the community midwife that she said to call if I have any questions at all. I'm really happy with it all so far.

Your cramps and spotting is normal, I'm sure its just stretching and baby settling in. I talked to the midwife about it and she said to expect it, especially around af time. If spotting turns red or pain becomes prolonged I'd go see someone to be sure.
Xxxxx

I'm wondering if it's your 16 week appointment? This is when there will listen in with a Doppler, more blood and urine tests etc.

I know last pregnancy in february-April... When I seen my midwife at 9 weeks, she told me that when I go for my 12 week NT scan I needed to phone her and let her know how many weeks and days my scan said, so that she can book me in for a 16 week check up. Only unfortunately the scan didn't reveal good news, so obviously I didn't need to go.

I'm in the north east of England, and so I dare say things are done abit differently here.

Morning ladies, how are we all?? Xx

I'm good thank you Hunnie... Bleeding has returned but thankfully its very dark brown and in small doses... Just hope baby is snuggled in tight x

Had an awful night :cry:. Read this thread: (https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-first-trimester/1083667-officially-terrified-2.html)

Told mom this morning I'm pregnant and she's far from happy, staying at a friends now and my OH is home tonight but I don't know what we are going to do as she is refusing to help anymore :cry:

could be very likely babee, ill have a wee look at the pack when i get home, hubby gave me the info over the phone and he doesnt have a clue what its all about, lol, so who knows. :shrug:
how are you doing today anyway? xxx

Had an awful night :cry:. Read this thread: (https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-first-trimester/1083667-officially-terrified-2.html)

Told mom this morning I'm pregnant and she's far from happy, staying at a friends now and my OH is home tonight but I don't know what we are going to do as she is refusing to help anymore :cry:

She'll come round hun :hugs:

I'm glad you have told her... At the end of the day you and your OH have made the decision to have another child not you parents.

My partner is on a low income and so we get some council tax benefit, working tax, child tax and child benefit... It's not a great deal, but the extra money we get is like my partner working full time and it helps put food on the table etc. we bought our own house so we can't get housing benefit, but we have rented before and got housing benefit. X

could be very likely babee, ill have a wee look at the pack when i get home, hubby gave me the info over the phone and he doesnt have a clue what its all about, lol, so who knows. :shrug:
how are you doing today anyway? xxx

Yeh I'm ok Hunnie, I've got more bleeding today but it's dark brown, in small doses and only when I wipe :) x

Wow, this thread moves too fast for me to keep up with. I don't post much because I'm one of those annoying ladies who feels fantastic her whole pregnancy. Just had my morning coffee and I'm looking forward to seeing the midwife for the first time this afternoon.

Hi here. Unfortunately it looks like I won't be having a baby in February :nope: had a pretty nightmarish week in A&E and the EPU and there's nothing on my scans. My HCG was rising at a snails pace and yesterday I was sent home and told to prepare myself, and today it's started.
Wishing everyone else a H&H nine months xxx

:hugs: So sorry. :hugs:

Nothing in the world makes me angrier than incompetence!

NP I saw yesterday was pretty useless. After telling her I have a 33 day cycle and my LMC started on May 22 she said, length of your cycle doesn't matter. I didn't trust that but whatever. Go in for a scan, my empty gestational sac is measuring 5w5d. U/S tech asks about the length off my cycle. Says, o you are right where you should be, the NP just miscalculated how far along you are. Great, everything is fine. NP responds to the scan: "you may have a blighted ovum. We will do beta today and Saturday. I will have those results Monday. Schedule another ultrasound fo next Thursday." Then I mention my cycle length again and she says "o, that's great! We will still do the tests but you are right where you should be" I seriously could have rang her neck.

On my way back to work after that, I get rear-ended. (gently, but still damaged my car)

All night I slept on the reclining sofa with my loving husband suffering on the love seat. I was up vomiting and had severe diarrhea most of the night. Then woke up at 6:30 for work. Still feel terrible. Only holding down toast and water...everything else makes me wretch. Blighted ovum my arse, I fully expect to see a baby next Thursday with a little heartbeat!

Lots a babies...

I can't believe she didn't have a clue that your longer cycle than a average cycle will affect dates etc... Silly woman and fancy saying blighted ovum to you! Surely it's too early to say that right now.

I had a blighted ovum discovered at my 12 week scan and there was no doubts about it, but I would of punched anyone suggesting a blighted ovum at 5 weeks that's just plain daft grrrrr

had a scan today 5/6 weeks,,, the sack is a funny shape and i am miscarrying. its in my cervix right now :(

So sorry hun. I had a mc a couple of months ago. Know what your going through.

My midwife dated me at 11weeks this Sunday going by my lmp- when I said about my 35 days cycles she said it doesn't matter!
But I know it does, with my second I got put back a week and I know I ovulate ob day 20, so I know this baby is due 3/4th Feb!
There so annoying! X

Sorry for the miscarriage xxx

I'm so hormonal I quit my job! I work from home doing customer service and I had a very difficult customer, so I asked one of our support staff to help and then SHE was a jerk to me so I finished the call, signed out, and sent a resignation email to my boss. DH says I should email her back and tell her I'm hormonal and sorry but I'm sure that won't work :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->