February 2013 Love Bugs

My boobs aren't sore anymore, had no sickness and tiredness easing. Just feel bloated. I it wasn't for the scan trlling me im still pregnant I feel pretty normal!

Thanks embo for the welcome and congrats on being a plum.

Sweetpea my symptoms disappeared at 10 weeks and faded even more by 11 I was sure it was all over. Around this time the placenta takes over hormone production so some like myself start to feel normal again.

My last pair of jeans stopped fitting yesterday so I have resorted to full time maternity wear. Have even washed my maternity work trousers that I had from when I had dd to start wearing next week. Defo now have a big blump.

the ONLY symptoms ive had constantly and are still here is the tiredness, on and off nausea and heavy boobys 12 weeks tomoz:happydance:

Hi ladies!

I am so bloated, my clothes aren't fitting (but I've only gained a few pounds, if that). I did a 13 hr shift today and am doing a 13hr one tomorrow :( and it's so hot on our ward. My poor patients are going to get a rubbish nurse tomorrow!

xxx

I cant get in my uniform any more and we arent getting any more/replacements as we are changing our uniforms soon (yeah right more like 18-24 months) so apparently im supposed to 'deal with it' :growlmad:

Thats lame! Aren't employers suppose to make accommodation for pregnant women. Some times I think we still live in the stone age.
Im showing. Last time I was about 20 weeks before I started. Sigh I think I need to do physiotherapy too because my stomach muscles are separated to much.

Ive had a quick look through the policies at work which state that as soon as the employee informs the manager the manager has to do a risk assessment (hasnt been done) im entitled to mat uniforms (none avaliable) and any maternity related sickness does not count towards your overall bradford/sickness score (manager went ballistic on me for ringing in with migraine as ''your bradford score is too high, you have to go to occy health for review, well i can only take paracetamol and that does nothing)

Hello ladies I think I feel ready to join.

My brief history is that my OH and I have been ttc for 2 years and in that time I have suffered 3 missed miscarriages (hence the late joining)

I had my dating scan on thursday last week and everything was fine, measuring 3 days ahead so edd is 5 th Feb.

Next task for me is starting my pregnancy journal.

Hi debzie! Welcome! Great news about your scan :thumbup:

I've got a history of loss at different stars in first tri so I understand the massive anxiety of early pregnancy. My scan yesterday showed a wriggly little baby measuring 12+1 which has given me great reassurance too.

Looking forward to your journal!

Wheee! I'm a prune! :happydance:

Those who have been following my journal will know I've had a bit of a rough time of it recently, as I was admitted to hospital last week for hyperemesis gravidarum and dehydration. I would say that I still have constant nausea, which is the worst symptom! I'm very tired and, because of my hospital stay and weight loss (13lbs as of yesterday), I'm also very weak. Making breakfast leaves me short of breath. :( I'm currently signed off work, and am going back to see my GP tomorrow about getting another week (my third) off. :(

Hope you feel better soon Mrsswaffer! Poor you.

Rota, can't believe how bad your manager is! x

rota take it higher... when i worked in a call centre i was preg with my son and i called in sick alot i had to say i was getting morning sickness as they wouldnt exept fatigue as a valid excuse and some days i just rang and said i had been sick so like mon and tues id say ms and then wed i would say sickness well they pulled me into office and said my sickness was thru the roof and it was cause the person answering the phone didnt class sickness as morning sickness (dumbass) but it did get sorted and the only risk assesment i got was dont bang your bump on the desk!! i ended up on early maternity leave as i was getting ratty with customers and i just wanted to be at home as i hated the job! the job im in now is only a part time bar job but as soon as i told them they were great asked if i wanted to cut hrs down which i declined and are fine if i ring in sick and they did a risk assesment straight away im not allowed to lift glasses in and out of washer and not allowed to bottle up fridges and stuff like that and ive been kept from working the restaurant as the smell of the food makes me ill!! i really think you should go higher if ur boss is being a pain x

as for symptoms... my boobs are gonna fall off if i take my bra off im sure they are that heavy and swollen and sore its like lying on two rocks!! ms still comming and going which freaked me out at first and im still sleeping for team GB!! had a stuffy nose and now getting up in the night to pee!! sense of smell is thru the roof and my appitite is not what it used to be! i have another scan on tuesday morning lets see if the measurements differ from last weeks i was measured at 8+3 last wed which was 4 days out from my calc so that makes me 9 weeks today and 9+2 on tues i think if it remains the same ill change my ticker reluctantly lol!! was gonna wait till my 2 week one as its more accurate x

Hello ladies I think I feel ready to join.

My brief history is that my OH and I have been ttc for 2 years and in that time I have suffered 3 missed miscarriages (hence the late joining)

I had my dating scan on thursday last week and everything was fine, measuring 3 days ahead so edd is 5 th Feb.

Next task for me is starting my pregnancy journal.

welcome!! truly hope this is your healthy rainbow baby. :flower:

Omg Im a plum plum plum!!!! :happydance:

yay - congratulations!!

Wheee! I'm a prune! :happydance:

Those who have been following my journal will know I've had a bit of a rough time of it recently, as I was admitted to hospital last week for hyperemesis gravidarum and dehydration. I would say that I still have constant nausea, which is the worst symptom! I'm very tired and, because of my hospital stay and weight loss (13lbs as of yesterday), I'm also very weak. Making breakfast leaves me short of breath. :( I'm currently signed off work, and am going back to see my GP tomorrow about getting another week (my third) off. :(

congrats on the prune! so sorry you're having a tough time of it and hope you are able to gain soon. :hugs:

Anyone else stressing about pregnancy cravings and weight gain? I'm having strong cravings for junk food (crisps and cookies) this weekend, and because I'm feeling ill and sorry for myself I've been giving into them. But now I just feel like a disgusting lump of fat. Doesn't help that at mo I look fat rather than pregnant. Ugh.

yer im craving strawberry and lime kopperberg! which obv i cant have i tried a non alcaholic mixed fruit one but it didnt cut it! :( and salt and vinegar squares!!

i know scans can be +/- 5 days at this stage but when does it become the most accurate? my scan last weel put me 4 days behind my dates?

Im sure they always go by the 12 week scan, that will determine your due date x

yer im craving strawberry and lime kopperberg! which obv i cant have i tried a non alcaholic mixed fruit one but it didnt cut it! :( and salt and vinegar squares!!

I've been eating salt and vinegar squares on a daily basis!! :blush:

Welcome debzie :)

Well nearly 12 weeks... It's flown by. hope all is well on my scan. Only 4 days. Got ob appt on wed but will probably be discharged and back to midwife care.

Welcome debzie :)

Well nearly 12 weeks... It's flown by. hope all is well on my scan. Only 4 days. Got ob appt on wed but will probably be discharged and back to midwife care.

Good luck at your scan! The first trimester has gone pretty quick for me too which has been good :thumbup:

Bumpy at my first scan at 6 weeks I was put back 3 days then at my 12 week scan I was put forward three days so somewhere I gained 6 days lol. My edd has gone by my 12 week scan even though I know when I ovulated I am now 3 days ahead.

I still haven't got a date for my 12 week scan and Im 12 weeks now :lol: I will be ringing them up again tomorrow :/

yer well the scans im having weekly are not "official" ones and i dont get any documentation from them they are just reassurance as ive had 6 losses and the epac just put me in the weekly clinic to keep my mind at ease they said that they wouldnt interfere with my 12 week scan or anything but some one just told me they get less accurate as u go on just a bit bumbed that im 4 days behind lol ah well ill see on tuesday what they say then x

Both of my early scans (at 6 +4 and 9 +1) have put my EDD at exactly what I thought it was - Feb 24th. :) Hopefully it won't change too much at my 12 week scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->