February 2013 Love Bugs

Has anyone else been having depression problems? I was diagnosed in my early teens, but I'm normally very good at keeping it under control. Lately it's been bad though. I don't want to leave the house, I don't really talk to anyone, and with my husband away for work until the 31st I get very little human contact. All I want to do is curl up on my sofa all day. I know this isn't healthy for me, but I don't know what to do about it...

I was really down for weeks and did the same as you. But as I'm getting closer to the end of the first trimester it's improved loads, partly because my hormones are finally settling. At my booking appt I told my MW that my mum has a history of post natal depression, and I used to be anorexic but i've kept it under control for years and years. She said that pregnancy can trigger things off again, so I should let her know if this is happening. So, maybe you should call your MW so she can help you. It's much better for baby and you to get help sooner rather than later. xxx

Hi ladies!

I haven't gained any weight and just look like I'm fat rather than pregnant too. No bump yet. I'm only 5ft 1 and have no hips so i'm expecting to get a bump a little earlier than normal (whenever that is!).

Got my first scan this afternoon and I'm so nervous. Going straight into work after so it better be fine! I know this is going to sound weird, but I'm really worried that they're going to put my dates back and say I'm only 10 weeks or something like that. I'm so desperate for first tri to be over that I'd be gutted. Am I crazy? I think I'm focussing my worries about the baby's health on the dates, if that makes sense? xxx

I'll be honest and say I've felt incredibly during this pregnancy, but I'm finally starting to feel more like myself :)

ALSO! I have my scan date finally for Monday at 10am!!!!

YEY for scan day hun!

I was feeling down because I was scared and felt so ill. I have felt MUCH better since hitting 11 weeks and I am 12 weeks today =) I was moved back 2 days at my scan but I doubt they will move you more than a few days if you are sure of your LMP. xx

p.s I have not had water birth but I was in the pool until point of pushing with my first child. I thought it helped but I would have liked the water hotter (lol) I know you cant have it to warm though!

Thanks Midnight_Fairy! Problem is my periods are soooo irregular that I can't go on my LMP. Oh well. Only 3 1/2 hours to til I find out :)

good luck :D xx

I have already been told I cant labour at birthing centre :( booo but I did have a positive GBS swab so its better to be safe than sorry. I am allowed water birth but has to be at hosp xx least I know early I suppose. Only prob is hospital is 45min away and my first was born in 2hrs and DD was born in 55mins!

Gosh, they were quick labours! Shame there's nowhere closer for you x

hoping that I just recognise the early signs and get there ASAP I hope! hehe x good luck again, I am off now but I will be back later x

YEY for scan day hun!

I was feeling down because I was scared and felt so ill. I have felt MUCH better since hitting 11 weeks and I am 12 weeks today =) I was moved back 2 days at my scan but I doubt they will move you more than a few days if you are sure of your LMP. xx

p.s I have not had water birth but I was in the pool until point of pushing with my first child. I thought it helped but I would have liked the water hotter (lol) I know you cant have it to warm though!

Aww hun, Im hopefully moving house next month, I can't even start packing till I know for sure, plus Im going away for a week with the kids :dohh:

I have no idea about my LMP, I only know my dates because I had a early scan at 6w 6days so hoping it was accurate, I have a funny feeling this one will be born the 14th! Seeing as Jack is the 4th and Lily is the 24th :haha:

I would LOVE a water birth, a warm bath takes away any pain I'm feeling but they've told me that because of my bmi they won't allow it:nope: Im willing to fight on this on though, it's my labour :shrug:

I'm loving all the bump pictures! I'm so jealous :) I'm not showing any signs of a bump yet (I think I just look bloated) and actually can't wait til I'm showing a bit!

Has anyone else been having depression problems? I was diagnosed in my early teens, but I'm normally very good at keeping it under control. Lately it's been bad though. I don't want to leave the house, I don't really talk to anyone, and with my husband away for work until the 31st I get very little human contact. All I want to do is curl up on my sofa all day. I know this isn't healthy for me, but I don't know what to do about it...

I was really down for weeks and did the same as you. But as I'm getting closer to the end of the first trimester it's improved loads, partly because my hormones are finally settling. At my booking appt I told my MW that my mum has a history of post natal depression, and I used to be anorexic but i've kept it under control for years and years. She said that pregnancy can trigger things off again, so I should let her know if this is happening. So, maybe you should call your MW so she can help you. It's much better for baby and you to get help sooner rather than later. xxx

i have bipoler hun i am on meds but still get my bipoler dayz where i dont want to leave the house and just wanna sit round in my pjs all the time and everyone to leave me alone. ive been very snappy and have bouts of feeling very low since being pregnant. never b ashamed to talk about it it is a illness and not in our heads as meny people believe. its a horrible illness. they kept telling me for years and years it was deppreshion but no anti depresents wud work i got diagnosed with bipoler last year, my mum has it to:wacko:

hello ladies so all my symptoms seem to of stopt today no sore boobs no sickness etc i dont understand cuz yesterday i really thought it was the start of it, the sickness i mean i felt sick on and off all day and only eating wud stop it. but today nothing? also my bbs have been sore since i found out and again today not a bit of pain. really worrying so took a test and still very positive i hope everthing is ok. i hate it that pregnancy is sooooo worrying and i hate the first trimester. just wish i new for sure that all is ok. wont no till my scan :nope:

really hope all is ok at scan. I have had no preg symptoms for about 2 weeks now, so glad nausea has eased off though! xx

hello ladies so all my symptoms seem to of stopt today no sore boobs no sickness etc i dont understand cuz yesterday i really thought it was the start of it, the sickness i mean i felt sick on and off all day and only eating wud stop it. but today nothing? also my bbs have been sore since i found out and again today not a bit of pain. really worrying so took a test and still very positive i hope everthing is ok. i hate it that pregnancy is sooooo worrying and i hate the first trimester. just wish i new for sure that all is ok. wont no till my scan :nope:

my symptoms came and went untili hit 12 weeks where they have decided to stay and bug me:haha:

we changed both of ours at birth and DD's was changed few weeks after she was born, I know it always changes when you see them :) I like to just let a random name come to me. We did have a boys name we liked but we probably wont talk about it will babys born! haha x

We've got 2 boys names and a few girls names but only one I love! I've had both our kids names from early on. This time we're keeping it all a surprise! I'm guessing already that it's a boy from the nub but even before I thought it might be :winkwink: just a feeling

I think I am having a boy! I have a boy and a girl and I really have no preference as to what I would prefer this time!

I am so happy I just managed to eat a proper lunch for first time in weeks!

Has anyone done the baking soda test yet? I haven't but some people swear by it? x
I've also got one of each so no preferences either :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->