February 2013 Love Bugs

oooh the downside to having to drink more is the constant need to pee arghhhh! feels like my bladders going to explode

Hi all, just back from scan xx All looks totally fine but I declined the downs syndrome screening, anyone else not have the screening? Got 3 pics to add later. xxx

p.s I am dizzy too my BP is 90/60 xxx

Oh wow, why did you decline? Just out of curiosity. :)

When there was a mistake when my blood was taken (and she didn't have the Down's paperwork), the phlebotomist made me feel wrong because she thought I had refused the test. In fact, I had given consent for the test, but I wasn't yet 12 weeks, so the test she was doing was for something completely different. She made me feel really bad because she thought I had refused it! I felt like saying, "Why is it your business, love?!"

Glad the scan went well hun :)

I declined the screening with my son, not realising it would mean that we would only get a 20 week scan in this area, so I opted for it since then as I want a 12 week scan x x x

we have opted against the downs test too mostly due to cost as the health insurance don't pay it but there is no history of such things in our families and we are not risk age so doc hasnt pushed it on us

She said you still get scan even if you decline (obviously lol since I was there) I declined it ages ago. Didnt see the point really, I had 2 children without the screening as it was not offered then so it never even crossed my mind. My MIL had the screening and got a VERY high risk, spent whole pregnancy worrying and the baby was fine.
I have a son with autism so attend lots of special needs groups, I know of 2 people who have had baby's in the last 2 yrs, had the screenings and all came back clear and they had baby's with down syndrome (who are gorgeous I may add). So, just didn't really feel the need. I would not have had the amniocentesis test following any result anyway so just didn't seem any point in having the first screening really.

:cloud9::cloud9:

Attachments

• 2012-08-17 14.34.26.jpg
    2012-08-17 14.34.26.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 2012-08-17 14.34.59.jpg
    2012-08-17 14.34.59.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 7
Awww gorgeous piccies!!!

Yea no scan here at 12 weeks without the screening, I don't care about the results, we would love baby regardless. x x x

Have you got a date for your 20 week scan? x x x

Mine was wriggling around too. The radiographer had to push down really hard to get baby to turn so we could get some good, classic profile pictures. :haha:

baby did wake up when I coughed and laughed. The Sonographer said they do funny jerky spasms at this stage due to new muscles xx :D so funny when they move when you laugh.

Mine was wriggling around too. The radiographer had to push down really hard to get baby to turn so we could get some good, classic profile pictures. :haha:

im hoping he/she is more behaved at my next scan as hoping to get to see the flava:haha: but so far they havent allowed us a decent photo even when she was pressing and making me cough it was being stubourn and just bouncing around:haha:

We had the same! they pushed really hard and wiggled about as baby was doing head stands in its sleep! I was surprised at how hard they push!!

Hope you get to find out what flavour is cooking :D

me too im dying to decorate and start buying:haha: plus my mums going nuts not being able to buy anything yet shes convinced im having a boy but wants to wait to get confirmation only 1 month tomoz:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->