February 2013 Love Bugs

Congrats to all who found out the gender!!! Yay!!

Can't wait to find out mine--we have our early gender scan in only a week and a half now! Hoping they will be able to tell at only 15+1, but they seemed very sure they could.

Someone mentioned their belly itching...I am itching ALL over, especially at night. My elbows, back, belly, and legs are the worst. My nausea has also come back for the 4th day in a row--fun! :(

OMG My mummy is the best!!!!! Me and OH are crap at saving up so she said to pick whatever pushchair I want and pay her back monthly!!! :happydance:

We are getting this: https://www.mothercare.com/Britax-B...578,LU1713,LU2121,LN2712,LD1533,LR1661,495630

images

Very nice! That's so sweet of your mom!

I changed my mind already, I read up on the reviews on the Britax and while it is amazing for ickle babas it would be no good for my toddler (destructo-girl), plus I would need to buy sooo much for it, like raincover, cosytoes etc etc, so finally settled on this

images

https://www.mothercare.com/Graco-Ev...anding-_-Graco%20Evo%20Pushchair%20-%20Chilli

The reviews are good, it does everything I want (lays flat and parent facing, huge basket), it comes with everything I want and its so pretty, I just need to run it by OH then my mum will order it :D x x x

I'd love to have another scan at 30 weeks or there abouts (just because 20 weeks seems like SUCH A LONG TIME to wait to see baby again), but it's so expensive and that £90 could buy a cot...

Whilst I'm here, I was wondering if anyone had any guesses for my 12w1d pic taken last week based on nub or skull theory? I think it looks girly but I honestly have no idea lol. With the nub, I keep thinking that if you look at the way it lies with the spine (because Stormageddon was a little curled up), it's parallell, even though it looks like it's initially sticking up? But I don't know. :shrug:

I'd say girl! That's just what came to mind at first. I have a place nearby that does gender scans for £48 but even that hubby thinks is too much! I guess he's right but I would pay it anyway! 5 weeks to go to the 20 week scan! It's going to be a loooooong wait x :coffee:

Stay beautiful- id guess girl.

How do you post pics from iPhone?

Congrats to all who found out the gender!!! Yay!!

Can't wait to find out mine--we have our early gender scan in only a week and a half now! Hoping they will be able to tell at only 15+1, but they seemed very sure they could.

Someone mentioned their belly itching...I am itching ALL over, especially at night. My elbows, back, belly, and legs are the worst. My nausea has also come back for the 4th day in a row--fun! :(

I have itchy belly, I think its the skin stretching so I rubbed BioOil in and its settling down :)

I'd love to have another scan at 30 weeks or there abouts (just because 20 weeks seems like SUCH A LONG TIME to wait to see baby again), but it's so expensive and that £90 could buy a cot...

Whilst I'm here, I was wondering if anyone had any guesses for my 12w1d pic taken last week based on nub or skull theory? I think it looks girly but I honestly have no idea lol. With the nub, I keep thinking that if you look at the way it lies with the spine (because Stormageddon was a little curled up), it's parallell, even though it looks like it's initially sticking up? But I don't know. :shrug:

I'd say girl! That's just what came to mind at first. I have a place nearby that does gender scans for £48 but even that hubby thinks is too much! I guess he's right but I would pay it anyway! 5 weeks to go to the 20 week scan! It's going to be a loooooong wait x :coffee:

Ours is £90 but my nan offered to pay so we can out the money we would of spent towards the 30 week 3d one instead :)

Awwwww how lovely of your nan to pay :flower:
I know £48 is a bargain! There's a few bits that I definitely need to buy over the next few months so I guess it's going towards that.... Blaaaaa! x

Awwwww how lovely of your nan to pay :flower:
I know £48 is a bargain! There's a few bits that I definitely need to buy over the next few months so I guess it's going towards that.... Blaaaaa! x

I hate money! Wish baby things were free!! And yes that is a bargain!

Any of the girls that found out done the baking soda test or fancy doing it for me?! I've just done it and it came up girl! Would just love to see how much there's to it? Pretty pleaaaaaase! :blush:

Ive been told to be ready to deliver beginning of January, My placenta is already way past my belly button already and shes a big baby developly too.... makes me kinda of nervous which means this is going a whole lot faster!!!

Question for those of you who already have little ones...about how long can they stay in an infant car seat? Most say up to 30 lbs but I have no idea when that would be for an average baby. I'm trying to decide whether to get a convertible car seat or infant seat. The infant seat seems better because you can just pull the seat off the base and carry baby into a store or into the house without waking them up or having to take off the straps, etc. Once they grow out of them, though, you have to buy a whole new car seat. The convertible seat is obviously more cost effective because they can be changed to front facing after they hit a certain weight, and then some can even be changed into a booster seat later. Of course with the convertible I would have to take baby out of the seat every time I go somewhere, bad if they are sleeping!

I am so torn on what I want to do!! I know it's early but I want to try and get some of the bigger purchases out of the way so I am not stressing about them later in the pregnancy.

Ive been told to be ready to deliver beginning of January, My placenta is already way past my belly button already and shes a big baby developly too.... makes me kinda of nervous which means this is going a whole lot faster!!!

Wow! How far ahead is she measuring?

Dylan outgrew his infant carseat at around 10 months, Bethany is still in hers, but we will be getting her a big girl carseat soon as her head is starting to get close to the top now. x x x

DD came out of the first carseat around 10months. She's tall tho so her head was over the top which isn't allowed! It's usually up to 1 year tho. The carseat she's in now will last til she's about 3-3 & 1/2. Both are maxi-cosi. My mum had the convertible one which was a pain when she was asleep plus it was awkward when she got bigger to get her in and out so she bought a new one anyway, lol!! Loved my maxi-cosi and will be using it again this time round :thumbup:

Question for those of you who already have little ones...about how long can they stay in an infant car seat? Most say up to 30 lbs but I have no idea when that would be for an average baby. I'm trying to decide whether to get a convertible car seat or infant seat. The infant seat seems better because you can just pull the seat off the base and carry baby into a store or into the house without waking them up or having to take off the straps, etc. Once they grow out of them, though, you have to buy a whole new car seat. The convertible seat is obviously more cost effective because they can be changed to front facing after they hit a certain weight, and then some can even be changed into a booster seat later. Of course with the convertible I would have to take baby out of the seat every time I go somewhere, bad if they are sleeping!

I am so torn on what I want to do!! I know it's early but I want to try and get some of the bigger purchases out of the way so I am not stressing about them later in the pregnancy.

I am struggling with this too. The convertables are also huge - not so good if you have a small sedan....

I am struggling with this too. The convertables are also huge - not so good if you have a small sedan....

The one my mum had was massive compared to the one we had! I loved how I could just clip her in and out of the unit so easily - could put her in the carseat in the house too which was good then unclip her and bring her straight in after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->