February 2013 Love Bugs

Question for those of you who already have little ones...about how long can they stay in an infant car seat? Most say up to 30 lbs but I have no idea when that would be for an average baby. I'm trying to decide whether to get a convertible car seat or infant seat. The infant seat seems better because you can just pull the seat off the base and carry baby into a store or into the house without waking them up or having to take off the straps, etc. Once they grow out of them, though, you have to buy a whole new car seat. The convertible seat is obviously more cost effective because they can be changed to front facing after they hit a certain weight, and then some can even be changed into a booster seat later. Of course with the convertible I would have to take baby out of the seat every time I go somewhere, bad if they are sleeping!

I am so torn on what I want to do!! I know it's early but I want to try and get some of the bigger purchases out of the way so I am not stressing about them later in the pregnancy.

I am struggling with this too. The convertables are also huge - not so good if you have a small sedan....

The one I like is the Diono Radian. It's a little smaller and has more room in a sedan or more narrow SUV. I have a small SUV and there's not a ton of room in the back seat. Here it is on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Diono-Radian...id=1345491941&sr=8-1&keywords=radian+car+seat

Hello lovebugs :)

Welcome to all the newbies!

I have been suffering in the heat so much over the past couple of weeks and it's finally cooling down now thank god. I've not experienced any itching yet but have starting putting a little bio oil on my bump and I'm starting to grow :happydance:

13+3 today and really starting to feel like I'm coming out of the icky ness of the first tri now. Headaches have really settled down and I'm excited about eating food again, woop! Still signed off sick until after the bank holiday so can have a few days rest. Had to order some maternity jeans as I'm now finding my wardrobe is becoming limited. Any else in mat clothes yet?

Hi ladies, I'm on a night shift and jealous of you all about to go to sleep!
My girlies stayed in there smaller car seats until they were 14 months! I think they have to weigh 19lb something before they can move up- mine never weighed that amount because there tiny! My 3 year 4 month old only weighs 26lb now and my 18 month ols only weighs 18lb! Ha ha.

I am just about in normal bottoms. Although everyone is saying how big I am! Ita summer so I guess we can get away with wearing maxi dresses.
Xx

Hello lovebugs :)

Welcome to all the newbies!

I have been suffering in the heat so much over the past couple of weeks and it's finally cooling down now thank god. I've not experienced any itching yet but have starting putting a little bio oil on my bump and I'm starting to grow :happydance:

13+3 today and really starting to feel like I'm coming out of the icky ness of the first tri now. Headaches have really settled down and I'm excited about eating food again, woop! Still signed off sick until after the bank holiday so can have a few days rest. Had to order some maternity jeans as I'm now finding my wardrobe is becoming limited. Any else in mat clothes yet?

I have been in maternity clothes off and on for a couple weeks now, mainly because they are so much more comfortable. I can't stand anything that snaps, buttons, or zips up...I don't want anything pushing on my abdomen, it's just uncomfortable. I still wear some of my regular skirts and yoga pants, but only because they're stretchy! If I want to wear jeans, they have to be maternity.

Here's my bump first thing in the morning: 20120820_1.jpg
A lot of it is probably still bloat...and I feel like I'm in that phase where when I go out people are looking at me and thinking, "is she pregnant or just ate too much?" :haha:

Hay ladies hope ur all good. Sorry ive not been on for a few days just been so busy. Been getting morning sickness all day long for the last few days its really kicked in now crazy considering im 14 weeks. Also suffering from constipation. Im gonna get on my lap top tommorow so i can hav a good read of everything and catch up on u all.

Ive missed u guys :hugs:

Linda Lou - I had to email myself the photo and then upload on a pc, I haven't figured it out from an iPhone yet!
With carseats, we're going for the Maxi Cosi Cabriofix, OH's DS was in his until he was 1, and that was just when OH decided to buy him a front facing because it was what the wee boy was used to in his mums car. Pram wise, we're paying up a Mamas and Papas Zoom that we ordered in the local pram shop, it was reduced from £450 to £299 for main unit, suitable from birth and a carrycot, MIL paid a deposit o
it for us :) we had looked at the Graco Evo too, I thought it was lovely! But I couldn't resist the bargain on the Zoom and it's a bit lighter for me lugging up and down the stairs to our flat.

Thanks for the guesses so far on the scan ladies!

I meant to post a long time ago, the last mc was really hard for me. It happened in June, only 4 weeks along! I feel better now with talking about it, I wish you ladies a happy and healthy rest of your pregnancies and I cant wait to see those beautiful bundles of joy in February!

Awwww hunny im so sorry u had to go through that m/c r awfull and i think u r so brave coming bak on here and its so nice of u to wish us all well. God bless u sweetheart. Xxx

hey everyone. I havent been on here for soo long, but that is because i have had an awful first 3 months. i was so ill, and tired, that i kept faling asleep on the couch and my son had to keep waking me up!!! its getting tons better now thankfuly!!! I am 16 +4 at the mo, and showing a very proud bump!!! I dont know the sex yet, but find out in 3 weeks. All i do know is this one is energetic and fiesty, no wonder im so exhausted!!! The last week or so, i;ve started to feel little kicks, which I forgot how amazing it feels!!! I am so excited, just cant wait to find out what I'm having!!!

Sorry for your loss.

Yay your back, I was wandering what happened to you! Glad your better now now.
So your due date is still the 1st, mines the 2nd now.

Ive still not felt her move, never had anterior placenta with my previous pregnancies.... Not liking it at all, desperate to feel those first kicks :(
Xx

Jem- I so want to feel something but I have an anterior placenta. Would love to know what a kick feels like!

I have an anterior placenta too, no kicks for me for ages yet :(

Finally taking myself to the doctors today as I have been ill for weeks now and it got worse last night and today :( x x x

Linda Lou - I had to email myself the photo and then upload on a pc, I haven't figured it out from an iPhone yet!
With carseats, we're going for the Maxi Cosi Cabriofix, OH's DS was in his until he was 1, and that was just when OH decided to buy him a front facing because it was what the wee boy was used to in his mums car. Pram wise, we're paying up a Mamas and Papas Zoom that we ordered in the local pram shop, it was reduced from £450 to £299 for main unit, suitable from birth and a carrycot, MIL paid a deposit o
it for us :) we had looked at the Graco Evo too, I thought it was lovely! But I couldn't resist the bargain on the Zoom and it's a bit lighter for me lugging up and down the stairs to our flat.

Thanks for the guesses so far on the scan ladies!

We had the cabriofix for dd and the zoom :) still have both an will be using again! Plus if you get the adapters (eBay is cheaper) then you can put the car seat on the frame too. So easy x

So glad I'm not the only one who can't feel baby... I will be 17 weeks on Saturday! It's not reassuring is it. I guess at least out placenta's are not low lying, that's worse.
X

I think the extra waiting will make it even more special when we eventually feel it :) x x x

We´ve booked a gender scan for Friday. Yey!

Been in maternity bottoms for a while now - jeans, shorts, trousers etc. Had to buy maternity tops last week as only my most baggy shirts are fitting me.

I thought I could hide my bump a bit and it just could pass as pies but when we told some of our friends they were saying that they thought I was pregnant and just didn´t want to ask and that day was when I was wearing a man sized rugby shirt! It gets worse, I was out on Saturday and a woman offered me her seat!!!!!! Good grief, it´s only the start of the second trimester.

Haven´t told my work yet. I´m a teacher so we start back in September, gonna be a bit of a surprise for students and colleagues I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->