February 2013 Love Bugs

I'm back!!!

Well this little one had us all wrong and it's a boy! He was a little pickle and first and wouldn't uncross his legs but with a bit of jiggling we saw his winky!

My little girl was a bit sad she won't be getting a sister but once I told her it means she doesn't have to share her barbies she was ok ;)

Core I'm going to have my hands full with this one ganging up with my Jack- double trouble!! :lol:

congrats on team blue! :happydance:

6 weeks to go till my next scan :growlmad:

Big Hugs to everyone who is feeling rubbish today. :hugs:

I too am another headache sufferer. Pre pregnancy it was mostly migraines but since becoming preganant they have changed to consistent headaches. I also suffer with my sinuses and topped with hayfever it really can be grim. Today I am feeling happy because I do not have a headache at the moment :thumbup:

After reading about some of you guys having dopplers I took the plunge and ordered one and it came today, just been testing it out and managed to have a little listen in, lasted almost a minute then the little one moved and I couldn't find it again, anyway the HB was 152 up till the point it moved so confident it was baby. I was laying there with my stopclock, the first time I got to 80 for the minute then realised that it was my own HB, doh! so changed positions.

Still struggling with sleeping at night which I think is contributing towards the headaches. Thanks to everyone for your replies about maternity wear, I feel a bit more comfortable wearing it all now knowing there are others also wearing at my stage of pregnancy.

These LOs move SO much at this stage! I used to be able to get a nice steadydoppler reading, but not anymore! LOL He/she wiggles and jumps all over the place, and most of what I hear is movement. I catch the HB for a few seconds here and there, and sometimes I get lucky and get right on it and it's super loud, but most of the time baby is moving WAY too much. I seem to have the best results when I listen first thing in the morning after I go to the bathroom but before I eat anything. I get up, go pee, and lay back in the bed with the doppler. Then I can usually hear the HB really well because baby is being more quiet. Once I eat though, all bets are off and LO is literally bouncing off the walls in there!! :haha:

Well after my success yesterday morning hubby asked to have a listen when he came home from work and all we could hear was whooshing and bashin and clashing, sounded like Peanut was having a party in there. Hubby did not believe me and kept saying it sounded like I had wind, had a hard time convincing him it wasn't. :haha:

Also felt my very first flutters last night as well :happydance:

How often does everyone use their dopplers, are they safe to use everyday? Sorry just realised I may have asked to worlds most stupidest question there, doh!

I uses Doppler about 3 times a week, not sure how often your meant to use them a d how safe they are, I
Would use it everyday if I could just don't want to over do it.
I'm suffering with headaches and sinusitis too :( my head feels like its going to
Explode :(

thanks hun. my friend had it wen i was pregnant last and i managed to find our sons hb strait away, but can not remember how far gone i was:wacko:

is ure one the one with a pink and white round thing that u put on ure tummy and u listen through head phones, did u use the gel?

think it comes with a cd and things. does the round thing u put on ure tummy have a strap?

sorry so many questions:haha:

:hugs:

Yes it is that one. I used it with my daughter too, I found her HB at 14/15 weeks but I didnt have til then.

No it doesnt have a strap, you just move it around your bump, the baby will probably be quite low down at this stage and you might need to experiment with having a full or empty bladder when you use it.

I never had the gel that came with it, I have used a water based lube though and that was good. KY jelly isnt great though. I have just bought some proper ultrasound gel from amazon for about £2 and that is brilliant, I can hear the HB much clearer.

I *think* it comes with a cable so you can record the sound onto your laptop/PC but I am not sure :flower:

I'm back!!!

Well this little one had us all wrong and it's a boy! He was a little pickle and first and wouldn't uncross his legs but with a bit of jiggling we saw his winky!

My little girl was a bit sad she won't be getting a sister but once I told her it means she doesn't have to share her barbies she was ok ;)

Core I'm going to have my hands full with this one ganging up with my Jack- double trouble!! :lol:

YAY Congrats on your little BOY!!!!!! :blue::blue::blue::blue: Ahhhh so surprised!!!!!!!! :haha: Shows how great my instincts are--so mine is probably a little boy too! lol

The lady that I got my doppler from said she used it every night when she went to bed! I think I will try and do it a couple of times a week. I might use it again tonight after OH gets off work though!

I use my doppler every day. Asked my OB about it at my 12 week appointment, and he said if it makes me feel better he doesn't have a problem with it.

Congrats on your blue bump Em! Great news!

I use my Doppler daily - not for long tho - find the HB (which is easier now), have a quick listen (baby usually kicks like mad) and then turn it off. Roughly 30-40 seconds maximum. It used to take longer to find the HB in the early days when baby was lower down but I still didn't use it for longer than a couple of mins. I haven't researched how safe or not it is to use that much but it gives me so much reassurance and really reduces my anxiety!

I use my Doppler daily - not for long tho - find the HB (which is easier now), have a quick listen (baby usually kicks like mad) and then turn it off. Roughly 30-40 seconds maximum. It used to take longer to find the HB in the early days when baby was lower down but I still didn't use it for longer than a couple of mins. I haven't researched how safe or not it is to use that much but it gives me so much reassurance and really reduces my anxiety!

Couldn't have said it better myself! I am the same--now it only takes a couple seconds to find baby because I know where he/she is usually hiding! Only occasionally is it harder if I've had a lot of sugar and baby won't stop moving. I try to do it when I'm quiet and laying still, either in the morning or at night. I have much better luck that way. After my 3 losses it just calms me down so much to hear the little heart beating away! :thumbup:

Couldn't have said it better myself! I am the same--now it only takes a couple seconds to find baby because I know where he/she is usually hiding! Only occasionally is it harder if I've had a lot of sugar and baby won't stop moving. I try to do it when I'm quiet and laying still, either in the morning or at night. I have much better luck that way. After my 3 losses it just calms me down so much to hear the little heart beating away! :thumbup:

Exactly - I just think that me and bubs have made it through another day when I hear the HB. So wriggly at this stage tho - can just imagine him or her dancing away in there! :thumbup:

:hugs: for your losses too xxx

I used my doppler pretty much daily with my daughter but then lent it to a friend at about 24ish weeks because I didnt want to rely on it when I should have been counting movements.

Some days I use it more than once, if I need the reassurance. I dont think any proper studies have been carried out to be honest but I tend to stick to short bursts and aim for only once a day.

Exactly - I just think that me and bubs have made it through another day when I hear the HB. So wriggly at this stage tho - can just imagine him or her dancing away in there! :thumbup:

:hugs: for your losses too xxx

So sorry for yours as well :hugs: They certainly make you more anxious...every little thing makes us worry!! :wacko:

I have not even heard the HB yet, only on scans! I would like a doppler but I would get OCD with it. x

Team blue for me!:blue:
congrats! love the blue jellybean ticker. :)

We need a running count on the first page---how many pink, blue, and yellow so far???? I'm lazy and don't like looking down through all of them! LOL

maybe when things calm down a bit after everyone's had their gender scans i can add them all up for you, if that's okay with you - just trying not to miss anyone's EDD or gender updates in their posts is kinda my focus right now. :blush:

Hello everyone! :yipee:
Just come back from my mw and heard the heart beat :wohoo: sounded just like a horse racing!

awww, yay! :happydance:

Just back from my appointment with the midwife and got to hear baby's heartbeat for the first time. I could have cried.

wonderful news!!! :happydance:

congratulations! :blue:

I have not even heard the HB yet, only on scans! I would like a doppler but I would get OCD with it. x
i feel i would be the same way. hope you get to hear yours soon at an appt. :)

Team blue for me!:blue:
congrats! love the blue jellybean ticker. :)

We need a running count on the first page---how many pink, blue, and yellow so far???? I'm lazy and don't like looking down through all of them! LOL

maybe when things calm down a bit after everyone's had their gender scans i can add them all up for you, if that's okay with you - just trying not to miss anyone's EDD or gender updates in their posts is kinda my focus right now. :blush:

Hello everyone! :yipee:
Just come back from my mw and heard the heart beat :wohoo: sounded just like a horse racing!

awww, yay! :happydance:

Just back from my appointment with the midwife and got to hear baby's heartbeat for the first time. I could have cried.

wonderful news!!! :happydance:

congratulations! :blue:

i feel i would be the same way. hope you get to hear yours soon at an appt. :)

Of course! No worries LOL

Just thought it would be fun to see, yes especially when we know more genders in a few weeks! You're doing a great job! :hugs:

congrats on ure gender scans ladies so exciting. i cant wait to find out wat were having. really hope i can find out on tuesday other wise its gonna b a long wait till the 4th october, just wanna know now im really hoping its a boy but if its a girl i wont mind mind that much to honest as long as the baby is healthy im not to fussed. but a boy wud b easier for us:hugs:

thanks hun. my friend had it wen i was pregnant last and i managed to find our sons hb strait away, but can not remember how far gone i was:wacko:

is ure one the one with a pink and white round thing that u put on ure tummy and u listen through head phones, did u use the gel?

think it comes with a cd and things. does the round thing u put on ure tummy have a strap?

sorry so many questions:haha:

:hugs:

Hey future hopes I have this Doppler, hope you don't mind me answering your questions. Mine is the pink and white one with the headphones, you get a small tube of gel which I used both times I have used the doppler so far but the instructions also say you can use water? Not sure if anyone else has used water and had success?

It does not come with a strap, you just hold onto it, I find this good as to can just move it around to try and locate baby.

I also got CD etc which you can use to record the heartbeat. Had a mini panic at first when it came because I realised it needed a battery, was so relieved to open it up and find it does come with a battery :thumbup:

ah thats cool i was wondering aboout baterys and stuff. im really looking forward to it ariving now but because its bank holliday its gonna take longer.

i shud of ordered it a while ago maybe i wud of heard baby hb by now. but im hoping ill get to hear it tuesday ay my appointmant:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->