February 2013 Love Bugs

only 5 weeks and 2 days hopefully until my gender scan!!!!!!!!! ( we dont have a date yet but thats when ill be 20 weeks) so im hoping for that day or one of the days close to 20 weeks!!!!!

I think if I had a Doppler I'd use it constantly.
Hubby suggested getting one and I refused. I'm just Too highly strung :haha:

I don't think there is any issue using a Doppler (health wise) saying that tho I only use my once or twice a week but that's so I don't get hooked on it!

I use mine about once every day (though I have missed a couple of days), for about two minutes at a time. People ask me if I get paranoid that I won't find the heartbeat, but I just tell them it's always easy to find. And if it's not, I don't panic - I find it eventually. :) I have no reason to think this baby won't survive in utero, and have no pain or bleeding. So there's no reason for me to panic until I have those symptoms. I feel like 14 weeks is a milestone (now that I'm in my second trimester) and the chances of anything going awry now are really small. :)

Eurgh!! The noisy teenage girl next door crawled home at 3.30 this morning with a taxi full of friends (that's fine - I had a social life once :haha:) but they decided that as it wasn't raining (for a change) to sit in the back garden for an hour screaming and shouting!!!! She doesn't talk normally, she screeches!!! 4.30 they go to bed (after she shouts for ages cuz someone locks her out - maybe her friends find her annoying too!!)

We finally go back to sleep (fortunately DD could sleep through a nuclear war once she's asleep) but then DD decides at just gone 6 that it is such a nice day, it's time to be awake!!

I can't even have coffee to help me function!!!!

Edit: just to add I did get my own back a bit by putting washing on the line at 8am (well we had been up for 2 hours) and let DD run up and down the grass laughing and calling to me!! See how they like it altho they were prob all too comatose to hear us :dohh:

wow, i cant believe how many people have dopplers! my oh wouldnt let me get one. He is always saying leave the baby alone!!! Now i'm at the kicking stage, I suppose i dont need to worry about a hb. Although yesterday I didnt feel any kicks until quite late in the evening and i did freak out a bit! Its so reasuring. Looking forward to everyone else feeling their little ones kicking!!

My scan is 2 weeks away now and i'm so excited!!! My OH wants us to have a boy as we have my DS's clothes in boxes, so we would be ready, although thats no fun!!! I would like a girl, as everyone thats had babies in the last 7 years has had boys, except my sis who finally had a girl last year!!!! Time to make up those numbers!!!
Hope everyone having a great bank holiday weekend!!!!

Lol glitter, revenge is good :) sucky that she kept you awake though, some people are inconsiderate.
I didn't sleep, due to being uncomfortable between 3am and 7am and next door neighbours diy woke me a while ago, :gun: was a reasonable hour though just I was finally asleep. :sleep:
Hope you can get a nap this afternoon sometime :)

congrats on all the gender scan results. We're at least 2 weeks out on our next scan. I will find out a date after my 16 week OB appt tomorrow afternoon. I'm not sure if she'll make me wait til 20 weeks or let me have it at 18. If it's 20 weeks I still have a month to go and I'm getting antsy to see my little one with arms and legs! (oh...and a penis or lack there of :haha:)
I've just got a bill for my prenatal blood work $1285- with a statement saying "our records show you have no health insurance". Really?? What is that little white card you photocopied while doing my paperwork then? :dohh: Phone calls to make Monday :nope: it never ends with these medical people!

I think we finally have a boys name and a girl's name...although DH never really agreed on the girl's first name, he did respond when I asked for a middle name to go with it, so maybe he'll give in to me!!
We have:
Wyatt Matthew and Aneliece Marie (or Aneliese/Anneliese? what do you think for spelling? All are known variations, and I want people to be able to pronounce it and not come out with "analyze or anal-ease" which is why I chose to have an e follow the n instead of an a :haha: it is a combination of anne and elise and sounds just like you combined the two names)

congrats on all the gender scan results. We're at least 2 weeks out on our next scan. I will find out a date after my 16 week OB appt tomorrow afternoon. I'm not sure if she'll make me wait til 20 weeks or let me have it at 18. If it's 20 weeks I still have a month to go and I'm getting antsy to see my little one with arms and legs! (oh...and a penis or lack there of :haha:)
I've just got a bill for my prenatal blood work $1285- with a statement saying "our records show you have no health insurance". Really?? What is that little white card you photocopied while doing my paperwork then? :dohh: Phone calls to make Monday :nope: it never ends with these medical people!

I think we finally have a boys name and a girl's name...although DH never really agreed on the girl's first name, he did respond when I asked for a middle name to go with it, so maybe he'll give in to me!!
We have:
Wyatt Matthew and Aneliece Marie (or Aneliese/Anneliese? what do you think for spelling? All are known variations, and I want people to be able to pronounce it and not come out with "analyze or anal-ease" which is why I chose to have an e follow the n instead of an a :haha: it is a combination of anne and elise and sounds just like you combined the two names)

:haha:anal-ease sorry that made me giggle i really like both them names id say the second spelling perhaps?:flower:

I would suggest midnight fairys spelling with a double N, annaleise eliminating the "anal"

Another Anneliese fan here, I think in my whole time I've only ever come across one other person with the same name, don't think it's that common in the UK. Not sure about anywhere else though.

Thank you everyone for your comments on use of Doppler, think I might get it out again tonight. Told my mum about it today who initially thought it was silly and over the top but was soon overjoyed when I told her I would bring it round so she could have a listen, lol!

I reckon once I can feel baby kicking on a more regular basis then I'll probably not use it as much.

Went to bed with a headache last night that continued all night and was still there this morning, yet when I got out of bed it went down to a dull pain, very confused!

Think I may have a soak in the bath after my tea, feeling a bit chilly today.

I'm back!!!

Well this little one had us all wrong and it's a boy! He was a little pickle and first and wouldn't uncross his legs but with a bit of jiggling we saw his winky!

My little girl was a bit sad she won't be getting a sister but once I told her it means she doesn't have to share her barbies she was ok ;)

Core I'm going to have my hands full with this one ganging up with my Jack- double trouble!! :lol:

Congrats on team Blue :)

thanks ladies :) I'm happy to see someone out there knows someone with the name. According to babycenter's name finder it is not a common name at all, which suits me fine. But tehn again I just looked it up under Annalise and see it was actually rated at around 500, as opposed to 9,000+ for some other spellings. Getting anxious to find out the gender so I'll know who's in there and can start associating name with the child bopping around inside of me. DH may actually veto the name if it ends up being a girl. I plan on letting him know I let him choose DS(5) name and a boy's first name for this one (I chose middle name if it's a boy this time around), so I think I should get first name choice somewhere in this scenario :)

I only know one person with the name ! Its not common at all.

I have had dull headaches in the evenings too xx

Today we went to a friends party at the local pub. Was lovely and kids had ride in horse n cart etc and all the kids played lovely in the park and we had some nice food. Feels great to be out and about and feeling happy today :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->