February 2013 Love Bugs

Those cloth nappies are gorgeous! :D I've thought about buying some, and I know they're more eco-friendly, but I think we're just going to go with disposable.

Ooh, also! EDIT - I *think* I felt Baby earlier. I felt sort of wind-type feelings, but didn't feel like I had to pass wind, if that makes sense! It's been noted that I've got an anterior placenta, so I was expecting to feel Baby a lot later... so it may not have been Baby! :shrug:
Cannot wait to feel Bump :D

I have kinda beaten OH into being eco-warrior parents this time :D so cloth nappies,baby wearing,exclusively breast feeding(if possible) and im working on co-sleeping now as our bedroom is the smallest room in the house and there may only just be room for a moses basket but that would mean a lot of reshuffling/work :D

congrats on being team pink farida :pink:
im going with reusable nappies, some brilliant ones on the market atm :)
love the weepickles website, never seen that one before

love reusable s but I have already spend loads on disposables as thats what I feel comfortable with.

Congrats on team pink :D Pretty sure I must be team blue to even this out a bit. We may even have agreed on a boys name!

I am going to aqua natal tomorrow! x

please tell me if aqua natal is good or not!! want to do some sort of excercise but there isnt a lot of choice!!!

Thanks, not sure if I will like it but I just need to get into routine of doing *something* if you know what I mean.

re usable nappies.......how easy and time consuming are these?? I'm really interested, although my OH isnt. Although he wont chge nappies so it wont concern him!!! do they work out cheaper than diposables?? I've tried to google them and can only really understand the popper ones!! Please share your experiences and views!!!!

Kicking....baby seems a lot quieter that DS was!! He was always on the go and still is!!! Trying to work out if that is a girly thing or lazy boy!!!

I'm so jealous that so many of you know the sex already!!! Hoping to add to team pink, but would be happy with another blue!!!! Need to even the numbers though!!!

Hope everyone is well!!!

Hubby informed me last night that he has a feeling we are having a boy... For some reason I have a feeling as well. Even though we were hoping for a girl lol. But as I always say... Happy healthy baby is all we can truly ask for.

https://www.weepickles.co.uk/ourshop/prod_1375503-Black-Cow-Minkee.html

Is this not 'the' cutest nappy ever!!

I wish they sold those around here! You ca barely find cloth diapers and accessories, never mind convenient wraps like that! I had two with my son that I scored somewhere along the line. I wonder if I can find them online in the US

Edit: Ohhhh! I found some on-line in the US! yay!!

I just had my 16 week gender scan and checkup and we found out!

Beany is a GIRL! We are team Pink! The doctor said it was 95% accurate what he sees, I asked him how come he is so sure, he said well 40 years experience kinda gives you a little nudge hehe :D

I am sooo happy we are team PINK :pink::pink:

:cloud9:

woohoo!

Congrats on team pink!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance:

I'm 100% for disposable diapers. Unlike most, I find the reusable ones really ugly. *shrug*

I finally have a scan date for finding out the sex, but it's not until Sept 28th. It's going to be forever until then.

I'm 100% for disposable diapers. Unlike most, I find the reusable ones really ugly. *shrug*

I finally have a scan date for finding out the sex, but it's not until Sept 28th. It's going to be forever until then.

I like both. Being out of work for the next 2 + years I'm hoping to save a little money. We did a mix of cloth and disposable for all my kids. Oldest was mostly cloth, youngest mostly disposable because DH wasn't a fan of cloth, and grandmother who babysat had arthritis and slightly shakey hands (yikes!). We were cloth, pin, and rubber pants people. Nappies seem easier than pins! We'll still be a mix of both cloth and disposable.
I sympathise with you on the long wait for your scan. It's going to drag!

I want to trade over to cloth completely. So Im doing to make the new baby ones with Velco in homes my hubby doesnt have such a hard time with them. The ones we have for my daughter are all buttons. and when the baby is being fussy and wiggly , he has a heck of a time.

This is the one I just did tonight :) I think I might add some snaps to the front to fix it so its a bit smaller. If I can manage that:cloud9:

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 3
That looks brilliant, can't believe you made that! well done. it looks better than some of the shop bought ones!
all the reusables I have got have been Velcro, buttons seem really fiddly. I hopefully have enough to take me from birth till potty :smug: lol

Morning, I know, I feel like, wow how did that happen so quickly?

Its crazy because in 5 weeks will be half way through :/ I know time will fly when the kiddies are back at school too.

Agh, I am having to sort xmas because I dont want to be traipsing around the shops heavily preggers so getting it all sorted now. Nightmere.

The grotto would love you :haha:
They are Christmas crazy over there.
You'll feel good when its all done. Im always so smug when I'm organized. I do my Xmas shopping in.Sept Oct too, mainly because there are good sales on :rofl:

Its crazy because I have never been heavily pregnant over xmas before! I am thinking we still have the big baby bits to get (cot/pram etc) and not to mention xmas, it comes around sooo fast by the time we get to september and its going to be alot of £££ at once with babystuff too! eeeek

Im 17 weeks today! Woke up with my 1st ever Uti though :( Can't cope with feeling like I have to wee 24/7 its hell plus all the pain :( I'm supposed to be packing as Im moving on Friday, great timing!

I just listened to Baby's heartbeat, and the rate was 146bpm. According to the old wives' tale, what does this mean? It's right on the mark for both genders (>140 = girl, <140 = boy). I'll measure it again tomorrow, maybe. :) We're still team yellow, but it's fun to test the theories!

Those cloth nappies are gorgeous! :D I've thought about buying some, and I know they're more eco-friendly, but I think we're just going to go with disposable.

Ooh, also! EDIT - I *think* I felt Baby earlier. I felt sort of wind-type feelings, but didn't feel like I had to pass wind, if that makes sense! It's been noted that I've got an anterior placenta, so I was expecting to feel Baby a lot later... so it may not have been Baby! :shrug:

hey :) well I've been told I am having a girl and yesterday the HB was 130 :) so either it's not accurate or I will have a heck of a surprise when Beany pops out hehe

Morning all. Cant believe I am 16 weeks tomorrow.

I KNOW! Omg.. time flies but it feels like it is going so slow! but here we are suddenly at 16 weeks :D

Its crazy because in 5 weeks will be half way through :/ I know time will fly when the kiddies are back at school too.

Agh, I am having to sort xmas because I dont want to be traipsing around the shops heavily preggers so getting it all sorted now. Nightmere.

ooo Good idea about Xmas! :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->