February 2013 Love Bugs

Ouch embo, I sent a sample into docs this morning too, think I was up during the night with one. They are horrible :(

MF hope you get all that you need sorted. Xmas will fly in and before you know it it'll be NY and we will have our babies :) tell family not to get you anything as you won't be getting them as you've enough to worry about. Hubby did that already with his family as his is quite large. Although I know you'll have to Santa with the 2 LOs. Get hubby to sort it all for you, tell him you're busy making a baby :haha:

With the cloth Nappies, our council give you money if you use them, so check out your local council website.
I'm sticking to disposable's, I've started collecting Nappies and wipes already!

No movements here, 18 weeks on sat! Although I was lying down last night and I felt like something rolled round in my tummy- not a normal sensation so I'm assuming it was baby?
I'm off swimming with my Girlies, got no maternity swimwear, so I'm getting my bump out in a bikini! I just look fat, may put a sticker on my head saying 'I'm actually pregnant!'

Congrats on the gender scans!
X

Those who are working.... Have you sorted out maternity leave?
I only told my boss that I was pregnant on Friday and we sorted it all out there and then!
Beacause I start my NVQ next week and the NHS are not funding it anymore- I have to complete it before mat leave. So that ends on the 14th Jan and baby is due 2nd Feb!! But I've got 2 and a half weeks annual leave, so I'm just taking it all over Christmas- so it works out I'm working one day or night a week from mid December! Xx

I told my boss at 6 weeks due to extreme MS :(
Had a chat with HR about entitlement but not sorted yet. Hubby and I have to sit and work out how much time I can afford to have off. I've saved 4 weeks hols and ill use all of next years probably and I get 18 weeks full pay plus 21 stat then I can take 13 weeks unpaid and hols ontop. But I don't think we can afford for me to take all of stat never mind unpaid. But I'm telling hubby we will have to pay childcare any way so why shouldn't I be off as long as possible. We have to sit and work.it out :shrug:

Farida- Congrats on finding out you're having a little girl! What exciting news!

Ouch em :( hope it gets better soon! xx

Yellow- last year me and my siblings just brought for the kids in the family, worked out much nicer! I wouldnt mind some nice new slippers and pjs though hehe.

Hi ladies! Sorry I went AWOL again :haha:

How is everyone? x x x

https://www.weepickles.co.uk/ourshop/prod_1375503-Black-Cow-Minkee.html

Is this not 'the' cutest nappy ever!!

I wish they sold those around here! You ca barely find cloth diapers and accessories, never mind convenient wraps like that! I had two with my son that I scored somewhere along the line. I wonder if I can find them online in the US

Edit: Ohhhh! I found some on-line in the US! yay!!

Which site did you find them on? I might try to do a mix...

Im DYING to know what team we are - our 6 year anniversiary is on 9/1 so I think I am getting a gender scan as my present :happydance: Although I told hubs I want to see at my dr appt if they schedule my abnormality scan for 18wk Ill just wait. 20 is too long though!! Who am I kidding I think I'll be there next week ;)

I'm jealous of you all overseas that get nice long maternity leaves - US companies aren't as generous! I think I literally will work til I go in labor and then use my time. I only get 4 weeks as it stands plus whatever vacay I have (likely only one week to roll over) but my 4 weeks is fully paid and I work from home so it's really not too bad at all!

My boss had only been my boss for about 3 days when I told him and he was like no worries so happy for you! Whew...

Hey all!

Congrats on the pink bump Farida!

5 more sleeps til my gender scan! :thumbup:

As for mat. leave - i'm hoping to take the full year so am saving like crazy!! Working for the NHS means I get fairly decent maternity pay for 6 months (then SMP for 3 then unpaid for 3 - hence the saving!!). Haven't discussed leave with my boss but i'm hoping to finish just before Christmas.

Congrats on team pink :D Pretty sure I must be team blue to even this out a bit. We may even have agreed on a boys name!

I am going to aqua natal tomorrow! x

please tell me if aqua natal is good or not!! want to do some sort of excercise but there isnt a lot of choice!!!

I want to start aquanatal - was so unfit last pregnancy (actually just lazy) that I need to make a serious effort this time otherwise come 30+ weeks i'll be a wreck!!

I still have this awful cold/virus thing and now its affecting my hearing :( I need to pop my ears again (like when you are on a plane) but it hurts so much :cry:

preggy wise I am good, no bump yet which is annoying, but I don't mind :) x x x

Jealous of you ladies with the NHS enhancements!! I missed out on it by six measly weeks! Never mind!
And poor USA mummies, so infair for you xx

With the cloth Nappies, our council give you money if you use them, so check out your local council website.
I'm sticking to disposable's, I've started collecting Nappies and wipes already!

i think my council are one of the few that dont offer incentives :( mind you the county is a bit stuck in the dark ages. I might ring and try to pursuade them :D

I really really would love to make my own nappies as i have so much fabric,fleece and velcro as i make hammocks for my ferrets. I need to 'talk' to my sewing machine as me and it had a falling out over tension issues a few months back :D

I also work for the NHS and im thinking about doing 7-8 months mat leave but i need to think about the actual numbers and find out exactly how much money i would have each month to see if it is viable as i am the main breadwinner.

i think my council are one of the few that dont offer incentives :( mind you the county is a bit stuck in the dark ages. I might ring and try to pursuade them :D

I really really would love to make my own nappies as i have so much fabric,fleece and velcro as i make hammocks for my ferrets. I need to 'talk' to my sewing machine as me and it had a falling out over tension issues a few months back :D

I also work for the NHS and im thinking about doing 7-8 months mat leave but i need to think about the actual numbers and find out exactly how much money i would have each month to see if it is viable as i am the main breadwinner.
i know milton keynes were doing it not sure if they still do but id of though bedford would do the same too

I have to try and arrange cover for when I am off!!! Nightmare

Congrats on gender scans. Seems theres alot if pink babys in this thread so think we need to get some blue ones on here.:thumbup:

I so cant not wait to find out wat were having, my OH is 95% sure its a boy and im really hoping he is rite. I have to wait another 5 more weeks yet till we find out. Feels forever away. Wud love to b able to aford gender scan we just dont have the money so we got to wait:wacko:

Hope ure all doin great:hugs:

Its definitely girl season! My little man is in the minority at the mo for sure

Well my OH is 95% surs were having a boy so i cud b joining u soon if he is rite. Im showing alot of boy signs like bright yellow pee, bump goas strait out front and craving the same things i did with our son also got sickness the same. Ill b happy with a girl but it wud b easier if its another little dude as we have loads of boy cloths and toys. Oh i just cant wait to find out. 5 weeks feels so long away. Ill b 20+2 weeks by then:wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->