February 2013 Love Bugs

Yay Miley!!:happydance:

So sorry Beckzter your moods are so crazy! Hopefully DH is understanding!

Ugh midnight no fun :(

Knock on wood only thing bugging me right now is trying to sleep through the night - I wake up at the smallest things :(

Beckzter -- my hormones are exactly the same...I cry 3-4 times a day lately cos I think I've upset my OH or everything is going wrong!! It doesn't take much for me to burst into tears!!! The last 2 days I've been ok though, so we see how long it lasts!! Think this has been the most emotionally traumatic pg ever!!!

My son always grabs me by my nipples, by accident of course, but I've never known pain like it!! Also, he keeps catching me in the stomach when he is excited in the morning!!! So scared he gonna hurt bubs!!!!

11 days til my gender scan and we definitely finding out sex!!!!

Ahhhh still in TOTAL shock because everyone was so sure we were having a little girl--but nope!! Thrilled to announce that we are officially team :blue::blue::blue::blue:!!!!! :happydance:

None of the old wives tales, baking soda test, heartrate, symptoms, skull theory, etc. worked for me! They were all opposite LOL :haha:

Our little boy looked perfect and was kicking and sucking his thumb again (he did that at our 12 week scan so I guess he will be a thumb sucker)! At one point he covered his eyes with his little hands as if to say, "no pictures please!" LOL it was adorable! He was in NO way shy about showing us his boy parts, he made it quite easy and we could see almost immediately! :haha:

Yay! So excited!!! Went with my mom after the scan and bought a TON of adorable clothes for him. She was bragging to everyone in the store about her little grandson on the way. :winkwink:

Last picture is the one with his hands over his face. :cloud9:

Attachments

• Boy! (800x652).jpg
    Boy! (800x652).jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 9
  • face (800x608).jpg
    face (800x608).jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Hand (800x600).jpg
    Hand (800x600).jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Hands on face (800x600).jpg
    Hands on face (800x600).jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 8
We have:
Wyatt Matthew and Aneliece Marie (or Aneliese/Anneliese? what do you think for spelling? All are known variations, and I want people to be able to pronounce it and not come out with "analyze or anal-ease" which is why I chose to have an e follow the n instead of an a :haha: it is a combination of anne and elise and sounds just like you combined the two names)

I have a friend who went with Analise and she hasn't had a problem. :flower:

Beany is a GIRL! We are team Pink!
congrats!

https://www.weepickles.co.uk/ourshop/prod_1375503-Black-Cow-Minkee.html

Is this not 'the' cutest nappy ever!!

too cute - i have a friend who got one just like it. :)

I just listened to Baby's heartbeat, and the rate was 146bpm. According to the old wives' tale, what does this mean? It's right on the mark for both genders (>140 = girl, <140 = boy). I'll measure it again tomorrow, maybe. :) We're still team yellow, but it's fun to test the theories!

both of my boys should be girls if you go by heartbeat in utero - even my midwife said at my last appointment, "sounds like a nice girl heartbeat to me!" :haha:

re usable nappies.......how easy and time consuming are these?? I'm really interested, although my OH isnt. Although he wont chge nappies so it wont concern him!!! do they work out cheaper than diposables?? I've tried to google them and can only really understand the popper ones!! Please share your experiences and views!!!!

extremely easy. toss them in a dry pail, 3 days later do a rinse cycle before washing, regular wash cycle, then takes a few minutes to hang them to dry. I often just pull one off the drying rack to put it straight on baby if I fall behind in putting them away when they're dry... absolutely cheaper if you don't fall for all the fancy super pricey ones (like $20-25 all-in-one's), and even if you do nice name-brand pockets, they'll still be cheaper than disposable so long as you're not planning to have the baby potty-trained by age 1 or shortly after. Also cheap if you will use them for more than one kid. i can't stand the smell of the chemicals in disposables, so i love doing cloth. :flower:

https://www.weepickles.co.uk/ourshop/prod_1375503-Black-Cow-Minkee.html

Is this not 'the' cutest nappy ever!!

I wish they sold those around here! You ca barely find cloth diapers and accessories, never mind convenient wraps like that! I had two with my son that I scored somewhere along the line. I wonder if I can find them online in the US

Edit: Ohhhh! I found some on-line in the US! yay!!

check out diaperswappers.com - can save you a lot of money if you're fine with getting used dipes. most of my stash was from that site, making cloth even that much cheaper for our family. :flower: Oh, and Target started carrying Charlie Bananas in their store (they're a little pricy, imo, but at least stores are starting to carry them).

I actually found some nappies at local stores (I checked the websites). They didn't have anything like that around here in stores when DS(5) was little. I went on ebay Wednesday and Thursday and won 3 auctions for new Nappies with inserts. I got 20 wraps plus 20 inserts for about $64. They come from China, so I hope they aren't too cheaply made :nope: I hope they work ok!
It was actually my first purchase for LO, and I am so excited to start getting things. I have at least 24 weeks time to get it all together. Little steps of gathering from friends and family's leftovers :)

Can you get braxton hicks this early? This is my 5th pregnancy but 3rd baby. I have been getting alot of cramping and online it says it could be BH??

I get tight "contractions" on and off daily. Nothing regular and usually I don't notice them. The books say the uterus contracts like that throughout pregnancy.

Beckzter: I had the same meltdown with DH. He said he would cry if baby was a girl, he didn't want a girl etc. I was bawling my eyes out afraid she'd grow up knowing her dad wishes she was a boy. I confronted him about after I got a grip. I was so depressed. I am happy to say he is coming around to accepting that little one could be a girl. He comes in and rubs my belly, wants to listen to the h/b, and "lovingly" refers to me as "Hey preggo" :haha:. Mr "I'm not happy about this AT ALL!" is adjusting nicely. He's as anxious for our 20 week scan as I am! 3 weeks 1 day away!!

Ahhhh still in TOTAL shock because everyone was so sure we were having a little girl--but nope!! Thrilled to announce that we are officially team :blue::blue::blue::blue:!!!!! :happydance:

None of the old wives tales, baking soda test, heartrate, symptoms, skull theory, etc. worked for me! They were all opposite LOL :haha:

Our little boy looked perfect and was kicking and sucking his thumb again (he did that at our 12 week scan so I guess he will be a thumb sucker)! At one point he covered his eyes with his little hands as if to say, "no pictures please!" LOL it was adorable! He was in NO way shy about showing us his boy parts, he made it quite easy and we could see almost immediately! :haha:

Yay! So excited!!! Went with my mom after the scan and bought a TON of adorable clothes for him. She was bragging to everyone in the store about her little grandson on the way. :winkwink:

Awe congrats!

Beckzter -- my hormones are exactly the same...I cry 3-4 times a day lately cos I think I've upset my OH or everything is going wrong!! It doesn't take much for me to burst into tears!!! The last 2 days I've been ok though, so we see how long it lasts!! Think this has been the most emotionally traumatic pg ever!!!

My son always grabs me by my nipples, by accident of course, but I've never known pain like it!! Also, he keeps catching me in the stomach when he is excited in the morning!!! So scared he gonna hurt bubs!!!!

11 days til my gender scan and we definitely finding out sex!!!!

I am definitely the same--I'm an emotional wreck!! The other day DH and I got into an argument about something stupid and I cried for hours (I mean hysterical sobbing) because I was so afraid he was going to leave me over our argument. :dohh: We have had a MILLION arguments and most of them SO much worse than the ridiculous one we had the other day, but I just convinced myself he was going to leave me alone and pregnant! :blush: DH wasn't even mad, he was his normal self the next time we talked. I swear pregnancy is making me CRAZY!!!! :wacko:

Hi all
I still could not find the hb might tray again next week at 15 weeks. My 21 week ultreasound will be mid OCt, the sonographer said cause I have some fat on my belly he will do it in 21 week not 20 :(

what a jerk. i have more than "some," but she had no problem at my 16 week scan. crazy.

In 54 hours i'll know if this baby is pink or blue!!! So excited!

I get funny aches on and off. My lower back has been fine for weeks but the last few days it's been achey in bed. Need to dig out my pregnancy pillow. My boobs are also pretty sore at times - they didn't hurt at all in first trimester but now even my nips feel like their on fire sometimes!!!
yay!!
Just made our appt! Find out next Friday if we are pink or blue!! :)

Can't wait!!
how exciting!
I find out on the 5th!! cant wait!!
oh my goodness! going to be a fun couple of days coming up. :happydance:

congrats! you sound so excited! :) 3 blue bumps in this thread now, so i don't feel so alone. also glad that i'm not the only one the wives tales got it wrong for - if i ever get pregnant again, i'm not even going to check the Chinese gender sites or anything else. :haha: congrats on the shopping, too!

I actually found some nappies at local stores (I checked the websites). They didn't have anything like that around here in stores when DS(5) was little. I went on ebay Wednesday and Thursday and won 3 auctions for new Nappies with inserts. I got 20 wraps plus 20 inserts for about $64. They come from China, so I hope they aren't too cheaply made :nope: I hope they work ok!
It was actually my first purchase for LO, and I am so excited to start getting things. I have at least 24 weeks time to get it all together. Little steps of gathering from friends and family's leftovers :)

wow - sounds like a great deal! a friend of mine got some of the ebay cheapies from China, and she's had no problem with them at all. If i needed any more, i'd probably do that this time around, but our stash is pretty set (except for the newborn - i do want to get a few more of those this time around in case i have another skinny minny). congrats on your first baby purchase! :happydance:

awwww congrats such a lil cutey!

Congrats on your blue bump!! :happydance:

Totally miscounted the hours til my gender scan (I blame the excitement) - it's 48 now!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Not long to go :happydance:

I am soooo excited!! My pram is being ordered today and the black one is back in stock!! Woohoo!!! x x x

Oh! That WhatToExpect app has changed me to an avocado today, at 15+3. Weird! :shrug:

Hello ladies.
I could have cried loads this week. Not sure what DH would be like as I never cry, only in secret.

I'm 18 weeks today, anyone know what fruit I am? I'm still sleeping on my tummy, if it feels comfy- and last night I defo felt my little lady kicking away :) and I have an anterior placenta- so those who have one too there is hope... Ha ha

I just went into Newlook and got some maternity jeans, only £15.99, I expected to pay more! Got some bump bands too. Then I went into my friends shop and got two maxi skirts with loads of discount. Happy today!

Anyone going on holiday? I'm going in four weeks and I I'm not sure what yo wear swim wise. Do you think I will look awful in a bikini? As In I'm just bump- but so you think I will offend anyone? I will be 22-24 weeks so not too big. It's just I can't justify buying maternity swimwear as this is my last baby. Honest opinions please xx

I think bikinis are adorable on pregnant girls. I'd wear one. :)
Nothing wrong with showing your bump. :)

Afm with clothes... I've resorted to yoga capris... Not quite big enough for maternity, but my regular capris and shorts are uncomfortable.

I love bump bands!

I have booked in for a pregnancy photo shoot in November with friends hubby. Really looking forward to it :)

just got back from the hosp hubby made me go due to the pain but alls fine no uti but been orderd to drink more as could be the start of one she did 2 scans AND finaly got to hear the hb:cloud9:was amazing she did print out pics but she was a bit dappy so not sure if she forgot to give us them or if they were just for her records:haha:

At doctors office waiting for my ultrasound. Eeee please cooperate and show your boy or girl bits today lo.

just got back from the hosp hubby made me go due to the pain but alls fine no uti but been orderd to drink more as could be the start of one she did 2 scans AND finaly got to hear the hb:cloud9:was amazing she did print out pics but she was a bit dappy so not sure if she forgot to give us them or if they were just for her records:haha:

congrats on hearing the HB!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->