February 2013 Love Bugs

I just found out I have Gestational Diabetes, Have an appointment with diabetes educator and dietician tomorrow. Already purchased Accu Check.

I am still sure I am having a boy but will find out soon enough hehe :)

How are you all today? x

I have been buying loads of neutral and bright stuff. I maxed out theblue and pink as I found out with the other 2 hehe. Nothing beats fresh newborn in a white babygrow. They look soooo clean. I must admit I cant wait to get some dungarees if the baby is a boy as my son looked so cute in them!

I would be quite happy not to find out but it will be easier to prepare the children. My 8yr old DS has autism so the unknown makes him anxious, It will be much easier to prepare him if we know the babys sex.

Right, back from consultant appointment and it actually went ok.
They think baby is gonna be a big baby (DD was 9.14lb) so im booked in for growth scans (yay more times to see baby) 6 scans in total and more appointments with the consultant but she is lovely and she listens to me and respects me and my decisions so im happy with her. She is 100% with my plan to be mobile during labour, be allowed to labour in the bath if i wish(i personally want to deliver in the bath but shhhhh dont tell the health professionals, i will get my waterbirth :winkwink:) and no pethidine or diamorphine for pain relief.

Ive got another UTI, i think this makes 3 in total now.
Im not allowed to gain any weight but the consultant was pleased that i have lost a stone but my blood pressure is nice and normal,Im too take things easy at work, ha ha ha ha. Ive also got to have the glucose test thing done as well

I have felt movement once a day or so since 14 weeks. But yesterday just about everytime I was sitting still or laying down I felt baby from the time I woke till night. I have already felt kicks this morning. I love the feeling, it makes my heat sing.

Right, back from consultant appointment and it actually went ok.
They think baby is gonna be a big baby (DD was 9.14lb) so im booked in for growth scans (yay more times to see baby) 6 scans in total and more appointments with the consultant but she is lovely and she listens to me and respects me and my decisions so im happy with her. She is 100% with my plan to be mobile during labour, be allowed to labour in the bath if i wish(i personally want to deliver in the bath but shhhhh dont tell the health professionals, i will get my waterbirth :winkwink:) and no pethidine or diamorphine for pain relief.

Ive got another UTI, i think this makes 3 in total now.
Im not allowed to gain any weight but the consultant was pleased that i have lost a stone but my blood pressure is nice and normal,Im too take things easy at work, ha ha ha ha. Ive also got to have the glucose test thing done as well

well done on losing the stone, good luckw ith things sure you will be fine x

I just found out I have Gestational Diabetes, Have an appointment with diabetes educator and dietician tomorrow. Already purchased Accu Check.

Oh no. That stinks! Ask the educator lots of questions tomorrow - I am sure with some proper monitoring you and LO will be just fine :flower:

I really think I am having a boy, but I know I am being seriously swayed by the fact the MS stopped at 12 weeks this time whereas with my daughter I was still being really ill at 18/19 weeks and never felt as healthy as I do this time....

Also, and this is a bit disgusting, this pregnancy is turning me into a gorilla! I feel like I shave my legs ALL the time but the hair grows back so fast and it has got really long in places I dont normally even have to worry about, like the tops of my thighs etc.

I am probably just carrying a monkey but it makes me think boy :haha:

My hair grew fantastically (everywhere!) when pregnant withm DS(5), skin was clear and I felt fabulous. This time around my hair is like straw, skin i dy ad itches insanely, and I feel dreadful most of the time. I keep thinking girl for me because I feel like "she's sucking the life out of me". That's the only real reason for my hunch.

My nipples have been so sorry and itchy lately too. My husband commented that my nipples are looking huge. Do they go back to normal after breast feeding?

my nips are huge too along with the bb's. DD (20) was in the bathroom while I as preppng to take a shower and commented on how huge they looked. I hadn't taken notice to them as I was just so happy the bb's had filled out so nicely :haha:. After nursing everything returns basically to the way it was before pregnancy. Cup size may change a little due to a slightly different shape of the bb's. I was always saddened and a bit shocked (every single time I stopped nursing-I never get used to the drastic change) when they return to "normal". I always feel like they have gotten so small after nursing for so long. (I usually nurse past the second birthday. My last 2 were close to their 3rd birthday). But the bra sie doesn't change much,just the shape of them. of course, I'll be 42 next month and have nursed 5 kids so age and wear and tear contribute :haha:

I THINK ive started feeling kicks/punches has happend at least 4times today alone just like flicks from inside started last night when i woke up was just laying and kept feeling it:shrug:

My nipples have been so sorry and itchy lately too. My husband commented that my nipples are looking huge. Do they go back to normal after breast feeding?

My nipples are pretty much permanently perky and they are slightly longer I guess then pre breastfeeding.

I breastfed my daughter until she was 16.5 months, I am not sure if that makes a difference!

When I was pregnant with my daughter the areola bit of the nipple seemed huge but because my nipples dont really go 'flat' anymore I havent noticed that this time.

yes, my nips will never go flat again. Too many babies used them, they'll be perky forever. I could squirt milk for almost 2 years after I stopped nursing DS(5)--I even squirt the radiologist equiptment who did my mammogram at my 40th birthday appt :dohh:. she was warned! It is only since the beginning of the year that they were back to normal, then I get pregnant again, lol. I nursed him until just before his 3rd birthday (he's number 5 so my time gradually increased with each child, my last 3 were over 2 years each). Congrats on such a successful experience with your first baby :)

My daughter was also in newborn size 1 nappies for weeks and weeks, she didnt weigh 8lb though until she was over 2 months old - a suppose a lot of babies are born weighing 8lb +

She is still easily in size 3s at the moment.

I will probably stock up on quite a lot of size 1s closer to the time, try and make the most of all the offers in the free parenting magazines!

Sounds much like Gabriel he didn't get over 8 lbs until 3 months old.

She is still itty bitty - less than 20lbs (I think 19lb 9oz) at 21 months :flower:

My monsters were 8lbs 4oz, 7lbs 15oz, 9lbs 15oz, 9lbs 5 oz, and 9lbs 3 oz. I expect LO to be around 9 lbs +. I never got to use the cute newborn outfits and diapers. We were in size 1's and 0-3 mos or 3 mos outfits from the get-go (depending on style). All of my kids were in the upper percentile for height and weight until at least age 1, except my smallest baby (DD (20) who is now my shortest child of my 4 eldest). I guess I just grow them big as my kids are 5'8", 5'4.5", 6', 5'7", and 3'10".

I really think I am having a boy, but I know I am being seriously swayed by the fact the MS stopped at 12 weeks this time whereas with my daughter I was still being really ill at 18/19 weeks and never felt as healthy as I do this time....

Also, and this is a bit disgusting, this pregnancy is turning me into a gorilla! I feel like I shave my legs ALL the time but the hair grows back so fast and it has got really long in places I dont normally even have to worry about, like the tops of my thighs etc.

I am probably just carrying a monkey but it makes me think boy :haha:

My hair grew fantastically (everywhere!) when pregnant withm DS(5), skin was clear and I felt fabulous. This time around my hair is like straw, skin i dy ad itches insanely, and I feel dreadful most of the time. I keep thinking girl for me because I feel like "she's sucking the life out of me". That's the only real reason for my hunch.

my skin is horrendous at the moment. Never in my life have I had spots and I have loads at the moment!

really feeling pregnant now and really looking it:thumbup:
here i am today at 16+116 017.jpg

I THINK ive started feeling kicks/punches has happend at least 4times today alone just like flicks from inside started last night when i woke up was just laying and kept feeling it:shrug:

awwwww i think i have to hun i swear i felt a tiny kick last night and today but it was really really soft so im not sure if it was just gas or not:wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->