February 2013 Love Bugs

oh no, make sure you lay down. I always pass out if I have bloods taken while sitting up!

I made it through conscious LOL and with only one stick! They have a heck of a time finding my veins so this was a success :haha:

Got to hear the heartbeat - so strong! Love hearing it - baby was higher up that I thought s/he'd be and right under my navel.

My dr seemed little less than thrilled I was doing an elective scan - not like don't do it but more like "Oh...ok." Anyone else's do the same?

I did the triple scan test today so hoping that comes back fine : /

When I tried to discuss the option of a section, I was immediately told 'you won't need one' - this after I said how anxious I was after my previous 36 hour, back2back labour which failed to progress for ages so ended up with a forceps delivery and a broken down perineum that needed laser therapy!! No, don't need to consider one at all do I??

Edit: completely read that wrong - I misread 'elective scan' as 'elective section' so went off on a rant!! Time for bed :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

LOL no worries glitter!

Had an appointment today too and the 2nd part of my screening test (the AFP I think it's called?). They always look in the wrong place for the heartbeat, and when I try to tell them exactly where to put the doppler I know it aggravates them, so I just keep my mouth shut lol. Not like I listen to him every day or anything...ahem. ;) They found him eventually though and said he sounded great. My tummy measured 16cm (and I'm 16 weeks so exactly right). He is still down fairly low....not anywhere near my bellybutton yet. He is slowly moving up though...maybe halfway between my pelvic bone and bellybutton now. I guess this is normal for the first baby? They didn't seem concerned.

When I find my baby on the Doppler, he/she is always nearer my pubic bone than my belly button. I'm sure it's normal for first babies!

Had a private scan today (16w4d) and here is my baba, wriggling and waving away :D Anyone want to guess the gender? Not finding out but any guesses welcome!

https://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e220/magpigs/16w4dpic2.jpg

Had a private scan today (16w4d) and here is my baba, wriggling and waving away :D Anyone want to guess the gender? Not finding out but any guesses welcome!

https://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e220/magpigs/16w4dpic2.jpg

So cute! I'm going to guess girl, simply because there are so many February girls! lol

Had an appointment today too and the 2nd part of my screening test (the AFP I think it's called?). They always look in the wrong place for the heartbeat, and when I try to tell them exactly where to put the doppler I know it aggravates them, so I just keep my mouth shut lol. Not like I listen to him every day or anything...ahem. ;) They found him eventually though and said he sounded great. My tummy measured 16cm (and I'm 16 weeks so exactly right). He is still down fairly low....not anywhere near my bellybutton yet. He is slowly moving up though...maybe halfway between my pelvic bone and bellybutton now. I guess this is normal for the first baby? They didn't seem concerned.

Yep that's about where mine was this time few inches below the belly button. As soon as she stuck it on my belly there s/he was haha front and center. No looking needed :)

They didn't measure my belly this visit. Wonder if that's normal for US at this point...

They won't measure your belly until you're much farther on. I think 28 weeks or so at the earliest.
When I use the doppler my baby is still down low by the pubic area. I told the midwife she'd find the heart beat just off center to the right. That's where I always find it.

Yep that's about where mine was this time few inches below the belly button. As soon as she stuck it on my belly there s/he was haha front and center. No looking needed :)

They didn't measure my belly this visit. Wonder if that's normal for US at this point...

The nurse was trying to look too low on me. :dohh: He is not always easy to find...really just depends on the time of day. He wiggles a lot, especially after I eat (and I just had at my appointment lol). I find his HB strong every morning and it's easy for me. Don't know why she started out so low. I'm in the US (right by you in NC :happydance:) and they measured my belly. Don't know how common that is this early but my boss is also pregnant (due in a few weeks) and they have been measuring her since 12 weeks. Every doctor is probably different.

My belly measured at 20 yesterday, a couple days shy of 16 weeks. I have had two ultrasounds showing one baby but she said shes not ruling out twins till my 18 week ultrasound. I think I'm just stretched because this is baby #3.

Yay i think I've done it!!! Ive hopefully put a pic of my bump up! This is yesterday, so almost 19 weeks! A lot smaller than i was with my DS.

I noticed with pregnancy this time round, that i'm completely exhausted after a day out, and it takes me 2 days to recover!!! It also made me realise how out of shape i am. We walked for only about 6miles and i felt like i was dying when we got back and yesterday too!!! Think i will have to build up to it!!!!

Attachments

• 19 weeks 2.JPG
    19 weeks 2.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 4
Hi all, felt bit nauseous today so drove to school and ended up having that horrible faint feeling when you feel swishing in your ears and it all goes black. I ended up slumping on my car and one of the other mums drove me home :( So now my car is at school. I came back and had a smoothie and a cereal bar and led down for half an hour. Feel bit better now and not faint but gosh my head is pounding. :( xxx

Morning everyone, I just went onto Amazon and ordered the Tommee Tippee closer to nature starter pack for £65, I thought that was a really good price - I just realised though how much I need to buy.... Well thats the pram and bottles got, OH wants me to try breastfeeding buy I will need bottles for expressing.

How is everyone today?

Morning everyone, I just went onto Amazon and ordered the Tommee Tippee closer to nature starter pack for £65, I thought that was a really good price - I just realised though how much I need to buy.... Well thats the pram and bottles got, OH wants me to try breastfeeding buy I will need bottles for expressing.

How is everyone today?

ive asked my mum to pick up the mam starter set for me its on offer atm in argos for 34.99 instead of 69 or something along them lines lol wish we had one over here so many good deals on atm :dohh:

Hi all, felt bit nauseous today so drove to school and ended up having that horrible faint feeling when you feel swishing in your ears and it all goes black. I ended up slumping on my car and one of the other mums drove me home :( So now my car is at school. I came back and had a smoothie and a cereal bar and led down for half an hour. Feel bit better now and not faint but gosh my head is pounding. :( xxx

oh bless you try take it easy and if still feeling maybe give midwife a call? :hugs:

How is everyone today?

ive asked my mum to pick up the mam starter set for me its on offer atm in argos for 34.99 instead of 69 or something along them lines lol wish we had one over here so many good deals on atm :dohh:

I was trying to wait until after my 20 week scan (next thursday) because I didnt want to tempt fate, but I just thought this morning that I may as well buy something.

I havent felt movement yet, which is what is putting me off a bit, although because I dont know what to expect - i could have felt it and just not realised. Im 19 weeks on sunday and I thought that I would have felt something!

How is everyone today?

I was trying to wait until after my 20 week scan (next thursday) because I didnt want to tempt fate, but I just thought this morning that I may as well buy something.

I havent felt movement yet, which is what is putting me off a bit, although because I dont know what to expect - i could have felt it and just not realised. Im 19 weeks on sunday and I thought that I would have felt something!

ive felt movemnts like erm butterflys in my tummy id describe them as or bubbles, but past few days im feeling flicks had two really strong ones last night made me jump:haha:

I just got the mam set at argos too! (well had to reserve instore as none for delivery). Love it such fab price.

Thanks- just trying to remember to eat and drink often as I do tend to forget :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->