February 2013 Love Bugs

You are doing so well Smiley - Elodie was born 2 hours after they broke my waters and I was only a 2cm when they did it. Really not long now - the bit up to 3cm is the worst :hugs:

Hope it goes quicker for you, Smiley <3.

I thought induction was a pill vaginally, ladies?
xoxox

Hope it goes quicker for you, Smiley <3.

I thought induction was a pill vaginally, ladies?
xoxox

I can be done a few different ways - there is a gel they can put on your cervix (prostin) or a pessary they can pop up there.

Sometimes induction is just waters being broken and sometimes it is a hormone drip.

All of the different methods might get used along the way too!

Smiley- I screamed when I had an internal at 9cm and told the doctor "no more!" Just go with your body. Xxxx

I hope I have a straight forward one. I hate knowing the unknown, pregnancy seems to be good for that!
xoxox

You sound super brave to me, Smiley :hugs: You're a tough one! I'm sure this baby won't be keeping you waiting too long now :)

And Lindy, Cesarean really wasn't what I had expected going in, but it wasn't too bad. The worst part of it for me was that my blood pressure dropped to like 80/40 (I have low blood pressure already), so when baby came out I just felt AWFUL. Couldn't have them sit my bed up as I was way too dizzy and sick feeling. I couldn't hold baby and had to wait about an hour for my meds to set in to see my family because I was feeling so awful.
Also, because of all of the numbing meds you get, your body can just go into shake mode. Feels really uncomfortable. My jaw was locked because of the shaking and it gave me a pretty bad headache.

BUT of course, that doesn't happen to everyone. Otherwise, it was a quick procedure and I had my baby in no time. Afterwards, the hospital is good at keeping you comfortable and keeping your pain meds topped up. Your abs really hurt afterwards so it feels like tugging whenever you try to walk around. The stitches look worse than they feel. I was lucky enough to get the dissolving ones though. I've heard staples suck.

That was actually the only side effect I had on the Pitocin drip--my BP kept dropping and the monitor kept going off, and I had really bad shakes. It stopped as soon as they unhooked the drip when I was getting ready to push. I would still do Pitocin again though, I thought it was great and progressed me really quickly.

I too got the drip shakes, not the nicest feeling. I was also sick after delivery, apparently the jab they give you for placenta delivery can do this. I felt back to normal ish after about an hour or so.

I hope baby smiley is here now and getting cuddles, I wander if he was a february or march baby!

I have to ring after 3pm, Em, then they tell me what time to go in, hoping for a nice, quick one :p.
xoxox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->